It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rear signal light help!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:17 pm 
LOST Member

Past couple days my rear passenger signal light has been on and off. Today it went out completely. Got a new bulb and nothing. Tested the taillights from the driver side on the passenger and same thing, no signal. Taillights, brakes, and reverse work. Tested the plug with a power tester and got readings for everything except the signal. Driver side is working perfectly, but I couldnt feel my fingers so I quit. Where the heck do I start looking for the short or whatever else it could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Rear signal light help!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:52 pm 
LOST Addict

I remember reading of some ground shorts for the cable. I think the common location was right above the tailgate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:01 pm 
LOST Member

Do you know where the wires run?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:49 pm 
LOST Addict

Nope, but it's not hard to follow wires. Just start at the bulb and follow backwards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:07 pm 
LOST Member

Yea just gotta take apart the trunk first haha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

There's a group of wires above the stock jack location if that's what you're talking about. I got a buddy with a nitro that's going through the same problem except brake lights.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:53 am 
LOST Member

Idk if the passenger side runs over there. Let me know how he makes out. I probably wont touch it till it warms up a bit.

Post subject: Rear signal light help!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:50 pm 
LOST Member

Update: i played with the wires behind the tail light. Seemed to be an issue with my CURT trailer wiring harness. Whenever i plug it in, the signal shorted out. So I unhooked the trailer wiring and now I lost my passenger reverse light....but now my signal light works lol i can't win

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I went through 2 curt wiring harnesses before going mopar & never looked back.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:00 pm 
LOST Member

toy4everyseason wrote:
I went through 2 curt wiring harnesses before going mopar & never looked back.

The signal light seemed to be the curt harness. But now its disconnected and i have no reverse light. So idk what happened there

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Were the electrical connections installed with vampire clamps or a t-harness?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:30 am 
LOST Member

T-harness

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:20 pm 
LOST Member

Problem solved, everything is in working order. Ripped the trailer harness all the way out. And then checked the wires going into the plug. In the process of playing with the signal light i must have pulled the reverse wire a little lose just enough to not make contact