It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Non heated side mirrors to heated
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a question does anybody know if I can swap 08 Liberty sport mirror non heated no memory to power heated mirrors without memory of newer liberty, I know that connectors are different , if anyone knows if wiring is the same or it would need a lot of modifications ?

hypertech max energy,4.7tb, k&n filter,kj tow hooks, rear curt hitch, ome springs,front iron man shocks 3/8 clevis lift, rear dakota monroe leveling shocks, kj light bar,jensen radio with back up camera, kicker speakers upgrade, renegade headlights, led interior lights Nankang Conqueror AT 245/75/16

Post subject: Re: Non heated side mirrors to heated
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:50 am 
LOST Member

Yep you can, I have done it on my 2008 sport and it works great. Just double check that you have five wires where the mirror plugs into the door harness. The heating wires were present on mine. All you need to do if the wiring is there is to buy the connector and pins from mouser for less than $10. I think the connector is
174044-2, but I am not 100% sure. The pigtail on the heated mirrors is a bit longer so you can either trim it back or zip tie it.

Numerous junkyard upgrades

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So do they heat up when you activate the rear defroster? Rock Auto has a listing for heated mirrors in 08 but I'm not sure what the connectors look like.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

Last edited by toy4everyseason on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Following this thread. There have been several mornings this winter when heated mirrors would have come in handy. I have a long narrow driveway to back out of onto the street, with a tree on one side and my neighbor's house on the other. If not too difficult (especially if the heating wires already exist), this would be a worthwhile mod.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:57 pm 
LOST Member

toy4everyseason wrote:
So do they hear up when you activate the rear defroster? Rock Auto has a listing for heated mirrors in 08 but I'm not sure what the connectors look like.

Yes, they come on with the rear defrost.

lfhoward wrote:
Following this thread. There have been several mornings this winter when heated mirrors would have come in handy. I have a long narrow driveway to back out of onto the street, with a tree on one side and my neighbor's house on the other. If not too difficult (especially if the heating wires already exist), this would be a worthwhile mod.

If you pull your door panel, look at where the mirror plugs into. There should be 5 wires all together. The dark blue/light blue tracer should have 12v relative to ground on it when the rear defrost is on.

I posted a diagram of both connectors below. The 8 pin is the one that came with the sport/base mirrors, the higher end mirrors have the 10 pin. The set of mirrors I got had the 10 pin, but I cut that off and replaced it with the 8 pin to work. If the mirrors you get have the 8 pin connector, it should be plug and play

Numerous junkyard upgrades

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Awesome, thanks for the pin out diagram. Looks like the heated mirrors without memory or fold away features are the 8 pin connector. I'll have to pull the door panel tomorrow and verify its wired for defrost and place an order...just in time for spring weather :|

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Heated mirrors are on their way. $39 a piece isn't too much for a nice little upgrade. Interesting enough, the Dodge Nitro's heated mirrors are only $28 a piece. Besides the lack of the molded "fins" on the part that attaches to the door the Nitro mirrors look just like the Liberty's. I have to wire some fog lights on his Nitro in the upcoming weeks so I'll pull his mirror and see if the Liberty mirrors bolt in place & vice versa. Rock Auto doesn't show a picture of the connectors of the Nito heated mirrors but the Daimler Chrysler connector repair website shows they are the same as long as they are the 8 pin rather than the 10 pin. I know it's only a difference of $22 total but that's beer money. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The aftermarket heated mirrors from Rockauto are on and working great. Direct bolt ons and no splicing of wires or connectors. My only issue was due to a stud getting bent during shipping, nothing a 12 ton press couldn't straighten out. Took about 5-10 minutes each side.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:29 pm 
LOST Addict

toy4everyseason wrote:
The aftermarket heated mirrors from Rockauto are on and working great. Direct bolt ons and no splicing of wires or connectors. My only issue was due to a stud getting bent during shipping, nothing a 12 ton press couldn't straighten out. Took about 5-10 minutes each side.

Sweet! Can you post a link to the mirrors you got that have the plug and play 8-pin adaptor? I've been looking at heated mirrors but they all seem to be 10 pin...

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lfhoward wrote:
toy4everyseason wrote:

Sweet! Can you post a link to the mirrors you got that have the plug and play 8-pin adaptor? I've been looking at heated mirrors but they all seem to be 10 pin...

No problem, lets see if this works
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php ... __GIX__7__

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php ... __GIX__6__

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for posting it, so rockauto aftermarket mirrors posted above have 8 pin connector and plug right in?, just to verify..

hypertech max energy,4.7tb, k&n filter,kj tow hooks, rear curt hitch, ome springs,front iron man shocks 3/8 clevis lift, rear dakota monroe leveling shocks, kj light bar,jensen radio with back up camera, kicker speakers upgrade, renegade headlights, led interior lights Nankang Conqueror AT 245/75/16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Kam08Liberty wrote:
Thanks for posting it, so rockauto aftermarket mirrors posted above have 8 pin connector and plug right in?, just to verify..

Correct, plug and play

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Swapped in some heated mirrors from a 2011 into my 2008 Sport. The 2011 heated mirrors had the same 8 pin pigtail as my unheated mirrors, so they were plug and play with no modifications. I verified that the pins for the heated mirror circuits were present on my 08, and they were. They showed 12 volt when the rear defroster button was turned on. Super easy, super useful mod. :D

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates