It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I got a ridiculous noob question...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:52 am 
LOST Junkie

What kind of axle do the 08 KK's have?

this is because i want to buy a diff skid bc my stock one all messed up from wheelin and i dont want it to burst on the trails.

im sorry i sound stupid....

-Rachael

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

Post subject: Re: I got a ridiculous noob question...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 am 
LOST Addict

The rear is and 8.25 chrysler and you are fine we all have some ?s that makes us feel stupid. But how is the lift coming have you found anyone to help you out yet? And try Ruff stuff specialties they make one solid diff with high clearence and are pretty cheap even with a drain hole and everything counter sunk only $135 or $120 plain with just a fill plug.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:51 am 
LOST Addict

Front is a Dana 30, should be plenty covered by an engine skid. So I'm guessing you're asking the rear is an 8.25. I'm not sure if they have skids but ya there are plenty of aftermarket diff covers. Only thing is you will need to find one that's fairly low profile, I beleive my rock crusher would hit my factory track bar if I still had it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

audiboy86 wrote:
The rear is and 8.25 chrysler and you are fine we all have some ?s that makes us feel stupid. But how is the lift coming have you found anyone to help you out yet? And try Ruff stuff specialties they make one solid diff with high clearence and are pretty cheap even with a drain hole and everything counter sunk only $135 or $120 plain with just a fill plug.

Thank you! well, dean might come and i have a few other people from around me coming an jeff said he might make it but he would have to leave early, but he has all the tools. my friend borrowed a floor jack from his friend so solidly we only have a floor jack and air compressor so far (for the struts).

DirtyKK wrote:
Front is a Dana 30, should be plenty covered by an engine skid. So I'm guessing you're asking the rear is an 8.25. I'm not sure if they have skids but ya there are plenty of aftermarket diff covers. Only thing is you will need to find one that's fairly low profile, I beleive my rock crusher would hit my factory track bar if I still had it.

Thank you! i just ordered 2 skids. transfer case and transmission. my diff is getting really messed up so im gonna need a diff cover. now i know i need one for a Dana 30 :]

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm 
LOST Addict

buying one for a Dana 30 would be a waste because it gets covered by the engine skid. besides the engine skid is cheaper then a diff cover would be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

what website would u suggest i get the engine skid from?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:44 pm 
LOST Addict

when i was searching prices for skids i found it cheaper to buy them from the dealership, then purchasing them online and have to pay shipping.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

how much was it from the dealership?? bc they are a-holes towards everyone....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

As Dirty KK said I have found that my local dealership is cheaper.I even have gotten 10%and20%off,dealer pricing.My parts guy has always been nice, not perfect have gotten wrong parts,but returned with no fees.That might be hard online.

Last edited by Cherrie 274 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:17 pm 
LOST Addict

shoot that was forever ago, idk how much they were. and trust me, if you knew me, that is the first time ive been to a dealership in at least 5 years for ANYTHING. with the exception of purchasing the Jeep of course.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

i guess ill have to go by them tomorrow and ask. thanks guys! when i get the price ill update you guys here...