It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: K&N air intake system
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 am 
LOST Newbie

Anyone know if the K&N 63 or the K&N 77 will work for the 2011KK i know they fit the 08 and 09

Post subject: Re: K&N air intake system
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Dont even bother with it. I built my own cold air intake system with a k&n cone filter and it made zero difference, just about everyone on here who have intake systems on their kk will say the same. Learn from our bad luck with these and save your money for something else.

ATHFAB.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

I was curious with the same question...I have been looking into this recently. But I am curious if there are others out there like Atthehelm that are saying the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:46 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Stock air box with either just a replacement paper filter or better yet a Amsoil air filter does way better than any of the aftermarket stuff. Now if you want air sucking noise then go for it :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:10 pm 
LOST Addict

the intakes will all work the same on all KKs and dodge Nitros. the intake does sound pretty mean. 8) i took my K&N off because of all the water crossings i do in florida. i would sell it to you for pretty cheap if youre interested. pm me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:22 am 
LOST Newbie

I bought a 63 the other day and put it in...I personally like the difference, however there is on piece that will not fit.....the support bar that attaches at the back bolt of the AC unit does not fit, so I have to figure out a fabrication of a new one, or just put high heat resistant tape on the bottom of the intake tube so that it doesnt melt when it touches....other than that though, works perfectly

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:21 pm 
LOST Member

Atthehelm wrote:
Dont even bother with it. I built my own cold air intake system with a k&n cone filter and it made zero difference, just about everyone on here who have intake systems on their kk will say the same. Learn from our bad luck with these and save your money for something else.

so... sorta changing the subject here... but if the aftermarket CAI doesnt really do anything, does that mean it is ok to run the JET stage 2 chip with the stock intake and a new 180 thermometer? i know there are mixed reviews, but whether the chip improves performance or not, will using the JET with the stock intake perform exactly the same as using the JET with an aftermarket CAI?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 pm 
LOST Member

i'm not huge into bumping... but it's almost been a month, and I was still wondering if anybody knew the answer to my question above? ^^^^^^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think this was addressed a while back but the KK comes with a 180 stat from the factory. Digger can confirm/deny that.

A drop in air filter, like the K&N 33-2363, and a free flowing exhaust will be enough for the Stage 2 chip.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... od=33-2363

The reason why your not getting a lot of answers is because this is in the wrong section. It should be in the KK General Discussion area not the tech section. If you want more of a discussion on this you can PM one of the moderators and ask them to move it to the other KK section.