It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do I need an additive
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys :D
i need to fix the leak on my rear differential on my 2010 liberty
i got my Felpro gasket Permatex Blue RTV and Valvoline SYN 75-140 gear oil it says its for limited-slip
but i was wondering is anything else i need to add I know that Mopar has an additive do i need to get that as well
Thanks in advance and Happy Trails :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Re: Do I need an additive
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Speeder wrote:
Hey guys :D
i need to fix the leak on my rear differential on my 2010 liberty
i got my Felpro gasket Permatex Blue RTV and Valvoline SYN 75-140 gear oil it says its for limited-slip
but i was wondering is anything else i need to add I know that Mopar has an additive do i need to get that as well
Thanks in advance and Happy Trails :JEEPIN:

Mopar didn't put a limited slip in there, there is nothing else that needs to go in there. If you're still rockin the factory diff cover, all you need is a little silicone to seal it, a gasket isn't necessary. Lubelocker gaskets look pretty good, they're reusable.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:26 am 
LOST Newbie

Ok even tho it says limited slip which you just said we dont have in are libertys (i dont think so but that was the only way i could get the weight i need was with it added in to it) it will not hurt anything this is a first time for me to change rear diff fluid so just want to make sure
also i did look at those lubelocker gaskets but 22 bucks for one in is $$$ yes it is reusable and since the felpro was only 4 bucks i want with that

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Speeder wrote:
Ok even tho it says limited slip which you just said we dont have in are libertys (i dont think so but that was the only way i could get the weight i need was with it added in to it) it will not hurt anything this is a first time for me to change rear diff fluid so just want to make sure
also i did look at those lubelocker gaskets but 22 bucks for one in is $$$ yes it is reusable and since the felpro was only 4 bucks i want with that

Wow, I had no idea they cost that much. I just used silicone without a pealed gasket. That's what they put on from the factory. The OEM cover is a pos in my opinion. Once the little plastic plug is removed it doesn't seal properly. Maybe if you put a new one in after you fill it with oil it'll be ok. Thats what I plan to do if I keep this cover, mine is wet around the plug, it isn't leaking though. :JEEPIN:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's