It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blower Motor issues
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hopefully this helps somebody to save time.

We have owned our 2009 Jeep Liberty Limited for just over 4 months. Bought it used with 75,0000km. Other then the TPMS being a PITA, no issues up till now..

Today I go out to pick up a few things and I notice the heater doesn't seem to be blowing heat. On further inspection.. nothing. After owning a few Chrysler products I know how great their HVAC engineering is and assume its the blower motor resistor so I went to the dealership and picked up the $20 blower motor resistor Mopar part # 01 - 68003998AA .... (Parts department provided part #)

When I got home and removed the glovebox I noticed the resistor had 2 plugs unlike the part the dealer had provided. I then called 2 different Chrysler dealerships and both gave me the same part #. I decided to try a local autoparts store and was told there were 2 different resistors and the two plug version was $100. (part on resistor sticker was 05061587AA, box was labeled BR303) I picked up the $100 dual plug version and installed it.

Up to this point I still have no heat on any fan setting and will be taking it into the dealership in a few days. Being I cannot return an electrical part due to some store policy on electrical parts I am already out $100.

I will update the post when I find out what the problem is. I also have pictures and will try to post them when I find somewhere to host them. Also if anybody needs a blower motor resistor, I have one for sale.

Hope this helps!

Post subject: Re: Blower Motor issues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sorry for the late followup.

Problem ended up being with the fuses. I looked under the hood before bringing it into the garage and noticed some fuses were raised up a little so I pushed them down and heater has been blowing fine since.

Thanks Jeep!