It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HOW TO: Add HD Cooling to KK's without the tow package
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

toy4everyseason wrote:
I just added the heavy duty radiator fan and I thought I'd share how I did it and the low cost I did it at. I got the radiator fan and clutch from Rockauto.com for a low price of $91 shipped to my door. Here are the part numbers I used: Hayden fan clutch #2736 and Mopar fan #55038108AA. You can find the clutch using the year/make/model list but you'll need to use the search function for the fan because its not listed for the Liberty

All said and done, I'm in $92 for the heavy duty cooling kit...not too shabby. :rockon:

Can you confirm that Hayden model number for me? I can a Hayden Fan Clutch when drilling down through the menu for my vehicle (2011 Liberty Sport 4x4 3.7) but it does not match the one you have listed, and it is over $100 alone. I can find that clutch separately on RockAuto, but it does not list as compatible with my vehicle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yep, that's the one I used. Odd that it's shows a different one for 09+. I went ahead and found the specs on the 2736 vs 2635.
2736:
http://www.opticatonline.com/part/hayde ... fan-clutch
2635:
http://www.opticatonline.com/part/hayde ... fan-clutch

Mounting points on the water pump & fan are identical but the 2736 is a bigger diameter but the 2635 is thicker. I'm fairly certain the 2736 would fit your year based on the specs. I wonder if they changed something inside the clutch for fuel economy.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Autozone lists them as two different parts for 2008 and 09+ as well. Looks like I'll have to keep shopping. I'm doing the install before a 2,400 mile trip at the end of the month, so I really need everything to be right the first time around.

Thanks for the response.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just wanted to share my experience with this installation. Ordered the genuine Mopar parts from Amazon since I get prime shipping and wanted to get started asap. I bought Grade 8 5/16" - 18 3/4" length bolts from Home Depot for the fan, and used 2 Grade 8 washers per bolt because of the length difference.

While on the ground, I slid the fan up between the frame rail and the radiator, and slipped it over the water pump shaft to get it out of the way. Just make sure you have the side that says "Front" facing the right way because you won't be able to spin it around once it is up there. Next, I got the clutch up into the area in the same way, and started the thread onto the water pump to hold it in place.

Then, while kneeling on the bumper and basically laying on the reservoir, I held the fan in place and installed the bolts to the clutch. Once those were tight and torqued, all I had to do was finish threading the clutch onto the water pump (used a 12" adjustable wrench).

Start to finish this took me less time than it did to replace my rear brake pads. One of the clips that came with the pads was wonky and wouldn't let me slide the pad in at the top and bottom at the same time. :banghead:

Thanks for everyone that contributed to this thread, couldn't have done it without you. :pepper:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello, do i need to remove the electric fan? Or the hd cooling fan come as an addition to the electric one?
Thanks( kk2009)
O.h

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:15 pm 
LOST Addict

O.h wrote:
Hello, do i need to remove the electric fan? Or the hd cooling fan come as an addition to the electric one?
Thanks( kk2009)
O.h

The HD cooling fan is in addition to the standard electrical fan. KK's with the tow package have both fans (electrical and mechanical).

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks, (:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:01 am 
LOST Newbie

I know this is old but I am planning on doing this soon and trying order parts.

Can anyone confirm that the hayden 2736 is OK for a 2012 kk? All of the parts catalogs say it only fits up to 2008, but aren't the engines exactly same? The 2736 is half the price of the mopar clutch that is listed for 2012.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm going to piggyback onto this thread and ask if there's anyone willing to take pictures of all the visible Tow Package parts on the vehicle itself. I bought mine used with mopar hitch/receiver and 7pin wiring, but I can't figure out where the mechanical fan is and if there's supposed to be a switch to turn it on? I would assume it automatically turns on when it deems the transmission is getting too hot but I'm not sure. Basically what exactly should I look for to verify that I have all the correct tow package parts? I have the window sticker but it doesn't say "factory tow package" that I can see.

sorry if these are stupid questions. I looked at all the links earlier in this thread and they no longer work. Would much appreciate it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:05 am 
LOST Addict

This should belp you guys out,

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=84919

The 2736 is for a KJ. Any KJ engine part simply will not work. Tried it out. Didn't work out. The part numbers I have provided have been tested on the KK engine and work.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I put the mopar fan assy on a couple weeks ago and I have noticed a marked improvement in performance. Also, while repairing a tyranny fluid leak, I noticed that the fluid was trash. It was burnt so badly that the next day I got the filter and some fluid and did the repair the next day. These should've come with a mechanical fan weather there was a hitch or not. The tyranny pan is surrounded by exhaust pipe on three sides which has to contribute to trashing the fluid. That's the reason I bit the bullet and got the fan in the first place. I wish I would've don't this year's ago.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

How did ya’ll get the four bolts that attach the fan to the clutch at 17 foot pounds. It is the most awkward object to torque down bolts on.

AirAid TB spacer
4.7 TB
single magna flow
Many mods shared here