It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upgrading Headlights ~ Wanting fog lights
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 am 
LOST Member

I have a 2011 KK Sport which is the basic model I believe and it comes with the headlights WITHOUT the foglights in it. Instead they have them capped. Now, I was wondering if I am able to buy a set of headlights that come with the foglights inside and install them? What kind of process would I have to go through.. Cause I know I can pay an arm and a leg from the dealer here to get the black housing headlights with fogs, or go on ebay and get them for $280 for a set by a company from the states.

All info will be appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Upgrading Headlights ~ Wanting fog lights
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:22 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think it's been posted. Search here and on KJ country. Tally bird or something like that did it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

From what I understand is you can buy the new headlamp housings. You also have to buy the new stalk for the steering wheel that adds the foglight function. After everything has been installed you contact the dealer and ask them to flash foglights. They won't work until the Jeep knows you have foglights.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 pm 
LOST Member

I've done the install. There is a mopar kit you will need if you don't have the connections for fog lamps on the headlamp harness which comes with a harness, headlamp switch lever, and chrome bezeled headlamp assemblies, however you can buy some of the parts separately if you wanted to go with the black bezel, however if you go this way, you will have to modify the pins on the harness that goes into the TIPM. The install itself is pretty easy, you just remove the grill and do 4 screws per headlamp. The harness routes behind the grill and goes under the TIPM. There is a shorter harness that connects to the main harness on one side and has pins that need to be inserted into a TIPM connector on the other. Inside you need to undo the steering shroud and swap out the left lever. If you have any questions, shoot me a note and I will hopefully answer them.

PS: If you are in the Detroit area, I can give you a hand with the install.

Numerous junkyard upgrades

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:22 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just did it myself as a matter of fact, but I too wanted the black bezel instead of the chrome so you have two options: buy the black bezels or bake the headlights and paint the chrome bezels black. I have some extra pin connectors if you want to go the route of finding your own parts instead of using the kit.

Instructions for the kit can be found here
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar+Accessories ... 1/10002/-1

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just so I understand clearly. If I want to add foglights I need new lights, lever, and harness?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jcjeepkk wrote:
Just so I understand clearly. If I want to add foglights I need new lights, lever, and harness?

And pins that plug into the TIPM connector.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well looks I'm out crap.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jcjeepkk wrote:
Well looks I'm out crap.

Maybe, maybe not. What year do you have? I have a couple of pre pinned wires for the TIPM