It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shift solenoids
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

My Trans is acting crazy and have read a lot and all point to my Trans shift solenoids anyone have and insite on this please share or and opinions are welcome also the check engine code that's thrown says 4th gear ratio incorrect everything says it's the solenoids

Post subject: Re: Shift solenoids
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

silverkk wrote:
My Trans is acting crazy and have read a lot and all point to my Trans shift solenoids anyone have and insite on this please share or and opinions are welcome also the check engine code that's thrown says 4th gear ratio incorrect everything says it's the solenoids

This happened to me at 50k and again today. I was getting an odd chirp and a hard down shift from 4th to 3rd but no cel but today it threw that same cel & 4th is gone. Last time they had to rebuild the transmission but I'm going to ask for replacement this time. 29k on a rebuild & it breaks again. Thank god for the lifetime power train warranty or I'd be pissed.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:46 pm 
LOST Junkie

toy4everyseason wrote:
silverkk wrote:

This happened to me at 50k and again today. I was getting an odd chirp and a hard down shift from 4th to 3rd but no cel but today it threw that same cel & 4th is gone. Last time they had to rebuild the transmission but I'm going to ask for replacement this time. 29k on a rebuild & it breaks again. Thank god for the lifetime power train warranty or I'd be pissed.

darn dude sorry to hear that and yea I have 12 month unlimited miles warranty on my rebuild

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It's no worry to me, I have another vehicle I can drive, I just don't like to drive it in rain due to traction concerns. For reference I have code p0734 incorrect 4 gear ratio. At least it broke in the summer & not during the winter or deer season :banghead:

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Oddly enough the CEL is gone but there is still a chirp and a hard downshift from 4th to 3rd.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:28 am 
LOST Junkie

You are literally describing the problem I had needs a rebuild no doubt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:48 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

toy4everyseason wrote:
Oddly enough the CEL is gone but there is still a chirp and a hard downshift from 4th to 3rd.

Ok its back just like I thought it would be. Seems as long as I stay off the interstate the Jeep isn't too bad. Hit the interstate and the trans heats up causing all kinds of mayhem. Today it wouldn't shift out of 2nd and on the way back it threw the same CEL but I was able to keep it in 3rd by using the tow/haul button to lock out the OD. The stuck in 2nd is a new one, revs were way to high to be 3rd and the traffic/road construction were too bad for me to pull over, turn it off and on, and re-enter traffic safely. I kept an eye on the temp gauge expecting it to move but it never did. Bad news is I have to wait till the 23rd for a service appointment or go to a dealership I no longer trust since they took 2hrs for an oil change. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:54 am 
LOST Junkie

Yea I hear ya the shop I took mine to to have it rebuilt is getting it back cuz it has a Trans leak from the pan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just an update, dealership is rebuilding it. Good news is they didn't give me any bs about my lift or heavier tires so it's under the lifetime warranty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sweet dude