It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trailer lights - LED's dont' work- incompatibilities
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:17 pm 
LOST Member

Ok, was all set to head down to Ky to pick up a yard tractor/mower. Reserved a 5x8 U-Haul utility trailer. Hooked up the trailer, plugged in the lights. Tested lights. Lights come on. However, no brake lights and no turn signals or 4way flashers. Switched to a different trailer and used 2 different hook ups (4 pin flat connector) between my jeep's plug and the trailer. Same thing. Noticed the trailers have LED lights but running lights work, nothing else does. So, my trip is cancelled till I figure this out. I thought my wiring harness was compatible with LED's but not sure. It's been on there for going on 5 years. I've pulled a bigger UHaul trailer before and everything was fine but that was almost 5 years ago. I pull our scout trailer which doesn't use LED lights and everything works. Sooo.. any ideas and/or do they make a device that connects between your 4 pin plug to the trailer to make it work. :furious:

JCR Offroad-Stage 2 Rock Sliders
Weathertech mats
Weathertech wind guards
Mopar bug shield/Roof rails/crossmembers
Hankook dynapro A/T 255/65 16's
Hidden Hitch w/3ball-1hook rcvr (knee cap killer)

Post subject: Re: Trailer lights - LED's dont' work- incompatibilities
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:36 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Shouldn't be an issue at all, one of my trailer has LED lights and I switch between it and my other one with regular lights all the time , no problems at all

Post subject: Re: Trailer lights - LED's dont' work- incompatibilities
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeeplikens wrote:
Ok, was all set to head down to Ky to pick up a yard tractor/mower. Reserved a 5x8 U-Haul utility trailer. Hooked up the trailer, plugged in the lights. Tested lights. Lights come on. However, no brake lights and no turn signals or 4way flashers. Switched to a different trailer and used 2 different hook ups (4 pin flat connector) between my jeep's plug and the trailer. Same thing. Noticed the trailers have LED lights but running lights work, nothing else does. So, my trip is cancelled till I figure this out. I thought my wiring harness was compatible with LED's but not sure. It's been on there for going on 5 years. I've pulled a bigger UHaul trailer before and everything was fine but that was almost 5 years ago. I pull our scout trailer which doesn't use LED lights and everything works. Sooo.. any ideas and/or do they make a device that connects between your 4 pin plug to the trailer to make it work. :furious:

I take it the trailer wiring is not MOPAR? You need the wiring with a converter box since the lighting is computer controlled.