It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone wanna take a stab at my problems.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:48 am 
LOST Member

Well my 2008 liberty KK is at around 117k miles on her and im starting to get weird issues. Here are some of my stuff:

When applying my right turn signal it will flash on the right and then randomly throw a left turn in here and there so my signal will have the selector clicked onto right but my pattern will go something like this R R R R R LR R R R LL RLRLRL RRRR. It hasn't been happening lately but it was so bad at one point I would plan routes that involved little to no right turns.

I believe I have a vacuum leak due to my AC always only blowing out of the defrost vent no matter where the selector is. Where are the most common areas I should check first?

On my driver's side window controls all windows roll up fine when switch is pulled back except the driver's window. To roll the driver's window up I have to pull back and right on the switch very hard instead of just a light pull to the rear. Is this an easy fix if so what could be the issue?

Last but not least the mistake I know I caused. When wiring up my trailer lighting to my taillights I had a good connection for all wires the whole trip from CO to NC. Here recently I borrowed a friend's trailer to tow a lawnmower and he didn't have working lights on his trailer, so I purchased and installed a lighting kit for him. When testing the lights I noticed my right brake light/turn signal on the trailer wasn't lighting up and I noticed my brake light wouldn't illuminate at all when brakes were applied. I opened up the taillight and assumed my terrible wiring job had gave in, I snipped the wires around the connector and realized that I cut the wire on the connector end too short. I know there is a way to do this but not sure how, but how do i loosen up the wire attached to the connector so I can put the wire attached to the vehicle inside.

Post subject: Re: Anyone wanna take a stab at my problems.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Had simular problems with my 08 signal at about 40k miles. Put on a new signal light switch from NAPA for about $67 and no problems since. Now have 104k.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:28 pm 
LOST Member

[q uote="BillyP"]Had simular problems with my 08 signal at about 40k miles. Put on a new signal light switch from NAPA for about $67 and no problems since. Now have 104k.[/quote]

Signal light switch being the handle you use to select signal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

brdkey wrote:
BillyP wrote:
Had simular problems with my 08 signal at about 40k miles. Put on a new signal light switch from NAPA for about $67 and no problems since. Now have 104k.

If that's the cause I have a non fog light one sitting in my garage if you want to give it a try.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 pm 
LOST Member

toy4everyseason wrote:
brdkey wrote:
BillyP wrote:

If that's the cause I have a non fog light one sitting in my garage if you want to give it a try.
. Sure. I don't have the fog light one anyways lol. I have do flights but only because I purchased the headlights lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

brdkey wrote:
toy4everyseason wrote:

Sure. I don't have the fog light one anyways lol. I have do flights but only because I purchased the headlights.

Would you like to have fog lights? I have a solution for that too.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=78388
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=78541
Otherwise how does $10 shipped for the non fog light switch sound? Send me a PM if your interested in either option.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

You need a new signal switch as indicated by previous posters. I have replaced mine under the same circumstances in previous vehicles.