It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Front Bump Stops
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

First post, new to the Jeep world, hello!

I'm wondering what you guys use for front bump stops with a lift, I'm using hockey pucks (played hockey all my life and have a ton laying around, how sweet right?) for the rear. But can't seem to find any definitive info for the fronts.

The KK is my dd so I'm going with an OME lift with either 1/4 top spacers or 3/8 clevis lift in the front, I haven't decided which seems the better option to go yet. I'm putting on some 245/75/16 Hankook Dynapro All Terrains on some Cragar steelies I have laying around as well. Obviously, I want to keep everything in good working condition

Post subject: Re: Front Bump Stops
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:14 pm 
LOST Addict

Most of us go with Teraflex front bump stops, which are longer than stock. http://www.JeepinByAl.com sells them.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:25 pm 
LOST Addict

lfhoward wrote:
Most of us go with Teraflex front bump stops, which are longer than stock. http://www.JeepinByAl.com sells them.

This^

Now to help with your other question. Basically OME will get you 2.5" of lift. Anything else will double what you put in. Add a 1/4" top plate, you get a 1/2". So springs and top plate is 3". How high do you want to go is the biggest question. After 3" or so you'll need a-arms.

I recommend the top plate. That way if you want to go higher down the road, or plan to add a-arms to go higher, the clevis lift is always easier to put on. If you want to add the top plate, you have to drop the whole spring assembly and that's just annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

I went with a clevis lift, I wish I had seen this before I ordered because that makes complete sense that I should do that while everything is apart. Oh well, surely I'll find other things to do if I end up going higher. I figured I'd be safe with the OME lift to not get A-Arms for now. We'll see how well I can get it aligned once everything is on. I got 1/2" clevis spacers from JBA instead of conduit nuts, but it's sounding like I ordered too big of spacers and I might end up going the conduit nut route anyway. But I read that there is a 1" variance between the front and rear ride height and was really wanting to level that out. Does the OME kit by itself help level at all?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Cheaper to go conduit nuts, also with OME springs, a 1/2" spacer might be too much.

As for a level stance, OME is pretty level. When you add to the front you go nose high. Add 1 extra upper isolator to each side in the rear. That'll add 1/2" of lift. If you did both the plate and clevis you'd add 2 per side.

That's OME 927/731, Bilstein shocks, Al's a-arms, 3/8" clevis, 1/4" top plate, and 2 extra isos per side to get 3.5". That was right after install and the 2nd alignment(after it settled a tad).

That's a year later. The end of my driveway isn't as level as in front of my girlfriend's house. Also keep in mind I'm at, or almost at full lock which tends to lift my Jeep a little.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:42 am 
LOST Newbie

Looks really nice BMXer, I think I'm going to put just the OME lift on for now, see how I like it and if I need to add lift in the future (which I probably will, I love the stance yours has) I'll add all the extras with A-arms.

Are these the bump stops that y'all are using for the fronts?
http://jeepinbyal.com/products/teraflex-bump-stop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 am 
LOST Addict

fkhuk wrote:
Looks really nice BMXer, I think I'm going to put just the OME lift on for now, see how I like it and if I need to add lift in the future (which I probably will, I love the stance yours has) I'll add all the extras with A-arms.

Are these the bump stops that y'all are using for the fronts?
http://jeepinbyal.com/products/teraflex-bump-stop

That's them.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm 
LOST Member

fkhuk wrote:
First post, new to the Jeep world, hello!

I'm wondering what you guys use for front bump stops with a lift, I'm using hockey pucks (played hockey all my life and have a ton laying around, how sweet right?) for the rear. But can't seem to find any definitive info for the fronts.

The KK is my dd so I'm going with an OME lift with either 1/4 top spacers or 3/8 clevis lift in the front, I haven't decided which seems the better option to go yet. I'm putting on some 245/75/16 Hankook Dynapro All Terrains on some Cragar steelies I have laying around as well. Obviously, I want to keep everything in good working condition

Crazy, I was doing the exact same thing only a week earlier than you! How do you like the Dynapros? I love em. I did the clevis lift also with OME, only did a couple of conduit nuts tho. Rides and looks pretty dang well.

Dynomax Ultra Flo Catback Exhaust
Hypertech Econ Tuner
245/75r16 Hankook Dyanpro ATMs
16x7 Cragar D Windows
OME HD Front and Rear Springs
Bilstein Shocks and Struts
ATH Front Winch Bumper