It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: KK How-To's Index
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:53 pm 
LOST Member

Just replaced my rear glass seal due to a water leak. It's pretty easy and only took 5min but I threw a how-to together anyways: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=81596

Numerous junkyard upgrades

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:22 pm 
LOST Addict

ajohns1288 wrote:
Just replaced my rear glass seal due to a water leak. It's pretty easy and only took 5min but I threw a how-to together anyways: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=81596

Thanks! Having the part number there is super helpful, and your write up will save someone some :2cents: if they would otherwise have it done at the dealer. Modding a Jeep yourself has to start with the little things. 8)

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:56 pm 
LOST Addict

I've added several new how-to's to the index over the last couple of weeks. :rockon: Thanks to Josworth, toy4everyseason, ajohns1288, Gageraid, PAliftedKK and others!

What other how-to's do you think we need for the KK section? Ideas?

Of course, it would be awesome to eventually have an engine swap thread, or a heater core replacement thread, but I am not wishing either of those on anyone! As you fix and mod your KK in new ways, take lots of pics and document it in the KK tech section, and then let me know so I can add it here.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:11 pm 
LOST Addict

There are a few new threads in the index, including:
- Heater core flushing (thanks, Scar0)
- Power window regulator replacement
- Engine swap resources

I've also deleted a few dead links. If you find any issues with broken links, let me know and I'll clean them up.

Also, I thought I'd bump this thread to bring it to the attention of some of our newer members.

Cheers, all! :rockon:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:33 pm 
LOST Addict

NAM's brake line popped up recently on FB, I have the link here incase you wanted to include it:
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=81956&hilit=Brake%20lines

Also found this on the Volant cold air intake. This one is more or less up to your discretion.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=65053

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Nice! Thank you. I bookmarked them both. Here's a quick link back to the index on the first page. Hard to believe we now have 3 pages!

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=80240&p=845155#p845155

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:06 pm 
LOST Addict

KK How-To's Index updated to include a few more threads:
- How to replace a broken Sky Slider with junkyard parts, by 2008KK
- Power lock problems leading to TIPM failure, by B0bcat & Scar0
And on a more cheerful note...
- Nonheated side mirrors upgraded to heated mirrors, by Kam08Liberty & toy4everyseason
- How to mod an overhead switch panel, by davinhd
- Transmission temperature readout using the Torque smartphone app, by PALiftedKK

Here's the link to the page where the actual index lives...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=80240

If anyone has other how-to threads for the index, reply here or PM me the URL's.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm 
LOST Member

Well the write up a lot of people have been waiting for: IP/Dash/Heater core. I'm in the process of pulling the dash to replace the blend doors and have been taking some pictures. I'm still editing them to make them clearer.

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=84546

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:07 pm 
LOST Addict

ajohns1288 wrote:
Well the write up a lot of people have been waiting for: IP/Dash/Heater core. I'm in the process of pulling the dash to replace the blend doors and have been taking some pictures. I'm still editing them to make them clearer.

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=84546

That's going to be super useful for a lot of folks. I'll bookmark it for you and then you can continue building out the thread. Good luck with the disassembly and reassembly. Looks like it is quite a complex job! Kudos to you for doing it yourself. :D

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:21 pm 
LOST Member

lfhoward wrote:
That's going to be super useful for a lot of folks. I'll bookmark it for you and then you can continue building out the thread. Good luck with the disassembly and reassembly. Looks like it is quite a complex job! Kudos to you for doing it yourself. :D

Welp I got it out. Quite a few choice words were uttered today. Hopefully it'll go in much easier.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:06 am 
LOST Addict

ajohns1288 wrote:
lfhoward wrote:

Welp I got it out. Quite a few choice words were uttered today. Hopefully it'll go in much easier.

:BANANA: :pepper: :rockon:
Looks great! Thanks for doing that.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:20 am 
LOST Addict

So, good news. I found this:
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=72715

You mentioned this a long time ago and just did some research before a recent (10 min ago) purchase. Told you my list just keeps growing...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Bmxer524 wrote:
So, good news. I found this:
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=72715

You mentioned this a long time ago and just did some research before a recent (10 min ago) purchase. Told you my list just keeps growing...

Got it... Looking forward to seeing pics! :mrgreen:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I completed a new how to. Window regulator replacement, it wasn't fun to figure out so hopefully it helps anyone who needs to do one.

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=84942

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:34 pm 
LOST Addict

toy4everyseason wrote:
I completed a new how to. Window regulator replacement, it wasn't fun to figure out so hopefully it helps anyone who needs to do one.

Got it! Thanks for the detailed how-to! I'm sure this will be helpful to many as our Jeeps age and components need replacement. Thankfully the KK doesn't seem plagued with window regulator issues like the KJ was.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lfhoward wrote:
toy4everyseason wrote:

Got it! Thanks for the detailed how-to! I'm sure this will be helpful to many as our Jeeps age and components need replacement. Thankfully the KK doesn't seem plagued with window regulator issues like the KJ was.

And now I just realized there was already a how to completed on the subject but I went about it slightly different. Plus the images are hosted on a site that won't go down. Oh well :banghead:

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:07 am 
LOST Addict

toy4everyseason wrote:
lfhoward wrote:
toy4everyseason wrote:

And now I just realized there was already a how to completed on the subject but I went about it slightly different. Plus the images are hosted on a site that won't go down. Oh well :banghead:

As a teacher I know how helpful it can be to have things explained in different ways. Your way of walking someone through the process is different from the other, and the high level of detail and pics in your thread makes what could be a daunting task much more doable for someone on the fence about taking it to a dealer or doing it themselves. And the other post was on JF, and because of you now LOST has our own how-to. So I think it is valuable and thanks a lot for taking the time to write it up! :mrgreen:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:52 pm 
LOST Addict

It's been more than a couple of years now and the How-To's Index has grown quite a bit. It's never really finished though, so if you know of any new threads that should be added, post them up here. Also, if you're aware of any dead links, let me know and I can eliminate them. Or if you have an idea for a how-to that doesn't yet exist, make a request and maybe someone will create it.
Cheers, Lauren

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Hey Jeepers,

This week Photobucket decided to pull the plug on free sharing of pics on forums, which has basically messed up all of my posts going back to 2011. Many other authors of historic threads such as Diggerfreek have ended up with the same problem and since they are not on LOST very often, they may not even know it.

There are two ways around the problem currently:
1) If you need to see a locked-out how-to photo, you can still right-click on it and open the URL from Photobucket's website. It's slow and buggy, but you can still view the pictures there.
2) If you are an author of a how-to thread, you can download, save, and then host your images someplace other than Photobucket, then go back and edit your threads with updated IMG links...

I may try to bring my most important threads up to date to fix the broken links, but it might take me a while. In the meantime, if you're looking for photos, you can still try option #1 and open the link on photobucket.com. That is as long as Photobucket is still in business.

If you are an author of how-to threads with broken pictures from Photobucket, please consider option #2 and update your photo links. I'm sure present and future Liberty owners will appreciate it!

If anyone has any special requests for threads they need the pics ASAP, please post your requests here and hopefully the authors will have time to fix the broken links.

Jeep on, :JEEPIN:
lfhoward

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:42 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

lfhoward wrote:
Hey Jeepers,

This week Photobucket decided to pull the plug on free sharing of pics on forums, which has basically messed up all of my posts going back to 2011. Many other authors of historic threads such as Diggerfreek have ended up with the same problem and since they are not on LOST very often, they may not even know it.

There are two ways around the problem currently:
1) If you need to see a locked-out how-to photo, you can still right-click on it and open the URL from Photobucket's website. It's slow and buggy, but you can still view the pictures there.
2) If you are an author of a how-to thread, you can download, save, and then host your images someplace other than Photobucket, then go back and edit your threads with updated IMG links...

I may try to bring my most important threads up to date to fix the broken links, but it might take me a while. In the meantime, if you're looking for photos, you can still try option #1 and open the link on photobucket.com. That is as long as Photobucket is still in business.

If you are an author of how-to threads with broken pictures from Photobucket, please consider option #2 and update your photo links. I'm sure present and future Liberty owners will appreciate it!

If anyone has any special requests for threads they need the pics ASAP, please post your requests here and hopefully the authors will have time to fix the broken links.

Jeep on, :JEEPIN:
lfhoward

Yep, what a bummer. Out of the blue they started asking $400 a year to host photos, which I won't be doing.
I have about 1800 pics of PB so this is quite a travesty for me. I'll be slowly re downloading everything starting with my install instructions.

ATHFAB.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next