It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oil change
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:21 pm 
LOST Member

Ok so I got my first oil change done on the jeep at 20k and ended up going with mobile 1 synthetic. I paid $90 after the coupon. What do you guys pay?
Also they recommended a fuel system cleaning every 15k-20k and I wanted to get everyones thoughts on that. Is it worth the cost of $90? Do any of you KK owners do it? Maybe just a bottle of royal purple or Lucas would work just as well?
A side note I had to laugh when the mechanic said "wow it looks like you use your jeep for what it was made for" :JEEPIN:

Thanks guys

Post subject: Re: Oil change
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:26 pm 
LOST Addict

I go to Walmart and get the Mobil 1 synthetic for about $25. I forget if the filter is cheaper there or at the dealer, but add another 5 bucks or so.
Take her home and do it myself.
I'd just clean the throttle body yourself to save money and run it full throttle a few times a week. I run Lucas in my tank from time to time. Just added it to the tank after not doing it for a few months.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:58 pm 
LOST Member

Wow I guess doing it yourself is alot cheeper for synthetic! Ill have to try and time it next time when its wormer :)

Also how do you like the ScanGauge2? where did you mount it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:45 am 
LOST Addict

ajdrummer wrote:
Wow I guess doing it yourself is alot cheeper for synthetic! Ill have to try and time it next time when its wormer :)

Also how do you like the ScanGauge2? where did you mount it?

I'm all about saving money.
I love my ScanGauge2. A few other members have it as well.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:27 pm 
LOST Addict

last week I got my oil changed over for winter. I had gotten Chrysler's coupon in the mail for the dealer near me. now, my family and I all take our cars to the same mechanic and they treat us very well, but I feel like I betrayed them in a way. I usually do not go to the dealership because they rip you off big time and try to tell you nothing is wrong when there is something wrong. but, I took it to Chrysler because their coupon was for wiper blades and an oil change with filter. the total was 45 bucks. the usual for my mechanic is 60 bucks. and Chrysler put in their oil they specify no Mobil or royal purple.

I have just under 22k on my KK I've had it for about 8k. and all 8k miles I have gotten 2 oil changes. I honestly don't care about the brand that goes in, its really all the same, just a molecule or 2 off. im very particular with my KK, and especially the engine. I use fuel stabilizers every 10 or 15 fill ups. I put premium in 2 times a year going 75 miles an hour to get the carbon out. and no, there is no performance gain nor audible difference between premium and regular. the KK was built to run off of regular. it does not harness any of the extra octane in premium mainly because the ecu was not built for premium. that's another modification in its self.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle