It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: electronics freaking out- help
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:28 pm 
LOST Member

Ever since I brought my jeep in to get the throttle body fixed I have been having problems with the electronics. the headlights are on in all positions even with auto headlights during the day. Also when I use a blinker the headlight next to it turns off. I was told it may be something isn't grounded out properly or that the computer needs to be reprogrammed. Anyone know how I can fix it?

OME 2.5in lift
245/75r16 General Grabber at2
Cobra 75 WX ST
3ft firestik

Post subject: Re: electronics freaking out- help
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:28 pm 
LOST Addict

It sounds like the daytime running lights feature has been turned on, especially since you say the light next to the blinker goes off when you are signaling. This is a normal thing on newer cars with DRL's. I wonder if when they changed out your throttle body they flashed the computer with a new version of the Jeep's "OS" (for lack of a better term) that turned on the DRL feature.

To test the DRL theory: Turn the headlights on at the stalk. Do they get brighter? (DRL's are supposed to be about 50% brightness compared to ON headlights.) With the headlights on at the stalk, does the one nearest your blinker still go out when you signal?

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:42 am 
LOST Member

lfhoward wrote:
It sounds like the daytime running lights feature has been turned on, especially since you say the light next to the blinker goes off when you are signaling. This is a normal thing on newer cars with DRL's. I wonder if when they changed out your throttle body they flashed the computer with a new version of the Jeep's "OS" (for lack of a better term) that turned on the DRL feature.

To test the DRL theory: Turn the headlights on at the stalk. Do they get brighter? (DRL's are supposed to be about 50% brightness compared to ON headlights.) With the headlights on at the stalk, does the one nearest your blinker still go out when you signal?

When turned to off, parking lights, and auto the lights are dimmer and the headlight turns off next ro the blinker being used. When turned to on the headlight doesn't turn off when the blinker is used.

OME 2.5in lift
245/75r16 General Grabber at2
Cobra 75 WX ST
3ft firestik

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:41 am 
LOST Addict

I'd take it back to the dealer. It happened because of something they did, so they have to fix it. If it turns out to be DRLs, that's up to you. Personally I don't like them and would prefer them off. I know insurance takes some money off for them though...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:11 am 
LOST Addict

Bmxer524 wrote:
I'd take it back to the dealer. It happened because of something they did, so they have to fix it. If it turns out to be DRLs, that's up to you. Personally I don't like them and would prefer them off. I know insurance takes some money off for them though...

if I take mine into the stealership and they screw with my jeep other then what I sent it in for, ima flip out on them.

pwdr: take it back and have them look at it. it seems obvious that they did something that you the owner did not want nor need.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle