It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Intermittent starting issues
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone ever had a problem starting their Jeep were you turn the key and it just keeps trying to crank until you take the key out?
It has only happened to me a couple of times and I didn't think much of it since it would always start the next time I tried but today it took several tries and and I don't want it to stop all together since I am about to make a cross country trip very soon.

If anyone knows what is causing this or if it's just a Jeep "feature" it is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Post subject: Re: Intermittent starting issues
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mine does this once it's warm & sits for about 5 minutes. It only happens in the spring when we're still on winter blend gas & the weather is above 65 degree. I changed the spark plugs but also added the heavy duty cooling fan & flushed/filled the coolant system and it has yet to return. Unfortunately since I did more than thing at once, it's hard to know what "fixed" it. When it was acting up, I used to pop the hood to expedite cooling off and it would start after about 10min. Are you experiencing the same thing?

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:27 am 
LOST Newbie

It sounds similar but up until yesterday the few times this has happened it would start immediately after taking the key out and putting it back in and trying again. I will probably check the spark plugs today and see if they are going bad. If they still look good then i will probably try flushing and filling the coolant.

Thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lots of info here:
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=81562

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs