It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with a coolant code p0128 and check engine light
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

So about two weeks ago on the wife's drive home the check engine light came on for the first time since we bought the liberty, I checked the code and it was code p0128 and my scanner says "coolant temp below thermostat regulating temp"... the jeep is running fine not over heating and the heat is working fine.. I cleared the code and for the last two weeks everything has been fine until today when the check engine light came on again with the same code!

The only thing that the two times have in common is the outside temp has dropped below 32 degrees but if it's above 32 then the light will stay out! I thinking possibly it could be the coolant temp sensor but I'm not a 100% on that and of coarse my scanner that will read actual coolant temps in real time has broke so until I can replace that I'm stuck with just one that will read the codes.. I could have sworn our 05 Liberty had an electric fan but this 2012 has a manual clutch style fan and I'm pretty certain it's working correctly!

Any advice??

Post subject: Re: Help with a coolant code p0128 and check engine light
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Also I'd like to note coolant is full and jeep warms up just as it should. I would think if the thermostat was stuck open It would take forever to warm up Or it wouldn't warm up all the way but the gauge indicates it is getting to the correct temp or atleast it looks to be.. and there is absolutely no lack of heat!