It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2012 Jeep Liberty Battery Drain
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a 2012 Liberty Limited. A few weeks ago, the battery started draining overnight. To diagnose the problem, I let the car sit for 40 minutes, doors locked to make sure computers went to sleep and performed a voltage drop test on the fuses.

Here are the results:

* 711 milliamp draw at M12 (30amp Green Fuse)
* 444 milliamp draw at M3 (20amp Yellow Fuse)

M12 is the circuit for the Radio/Amplifier. Fine, I understand that. However, the fuse box diagram for the liberty showed M3 as a BLANK. After some digging on the internet, I found a fuse box diagram for the 2012 Liberty that indicated M3 was for "Frt/Rr Axle Lockers (if equipped)".

While I understand the M12 Radio/Amplifier circuit...Im not even sure i understand what Frt/Rr Axle Lockers are? Im not sure what to do next. For the M12 drain, should I remove the radio? I am not even sure how to do that. I can't find anything on the internet that shows me how to get it out. There aren't any videos for Jeep Liberty radio removal that have the same dash panels as mine.

As for the M3 amp drain, I have no clue what to do next about that.

Any guidance on next steps or any info on that funky M3 circuit would be greatly appreciated!