It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2012 KK Transmission
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:30 am 
LOST Newbie

I changed out my transmission oil pan and filter about two months ago (117,000miles) with no issues. Within the last week it was began to slip. I live in upstate NY so the weather is starting to get cold and the slipping only happens when I first start before everything has time to warm up, once its warm its fine. When I did the transmission pan/filter change I added Lucas high millage transmission treatment. Since it started to slip I added a another quart of fluid but it still slips on cold starts.....

The new pan has a drain plug on it, should I drain the fluid and replace? I don't want to overfill it by adding another quart...

Any ideas or am I the next victim of a bad transmission.....

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 2012 KK Transmission
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:21 pm 
LOST Addict

My first thought was low fluid too. I had a mechanic service my transmission 2 years ago and it was fine until winter when the temperature dropped. When I first started the Jeep in the morning I could back out of the driveway but would get nothing for about 30 seconds after I put it in drive. Then it would kick in and drive normally. I took it back to the shop and they hadn’t followed Mopar directions using a special graduated dipstick and a temperature reader to dial in the correct amount of fluid. It was down a quart at least. Once they corrected the problem it has been fine ever since.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997