It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KK Liberty Big Brake Kit
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've found a big brake kit that works for the Liberty, and I wanted to share my findings and part numbers with you all. It uses Dual Piston calipers from a Ram 1500, specialty brackets from a JK Wrangler Big Brake Kit, and rotors from the BR6 heavy duty brake option for export KK Liberties. I believe that the minimum wheel size for this setup is a 17", and some stock wheels may have clearance issues.

An easy and best value source for the calipers, brackets, and pads is by ordering the Crown RT31046 big brake kit for a JK Wrangler. The JK specific rotors that come with the kit are not used, but the price is still cheaper than purchasing components separately. The rotors that are needed are the 332mm rotors for the BR6 Liberty, I ordered Bendix PRT5917 off of RockAuto.

The swap is almost completely bolt on, with only minor trimming of the dust shield required, and the improvement in braking performance is phenomenal.

I run 305/70/17 tires, and with the stock brakes I could not chirp tires, and was hitting 60-0 stopping distance close to 200'
After installing the big brake setup, my tires now chirp and squeal under heavy braking, and I got 60-0 stopping distances around 150'. I think that swapping in more aggressive pads for a Ram 1500 could lower this distance even further.

Some photos are available here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nTZrcRZiJ9Vh7QmM9

Here are some part numbers for the big brake kit:
Caliper Left: 68157611AA
Caliper Right: 68157610AA
Caliper Bracket x2: 68034720AA
Caliper Bracket Bolt (Different than Liberty Bolt): 6804867AA
Brake Rotor : Bendix PRT5917 / Any 332MM rotor for Liberty
Brake Pads: 5143350AC / Multitude of aftermarket pads for Ram 1500