It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Operation Pre-Safari...Summer of 2008
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:20 pm 
LOST Addict

As you guys have figured out by now LOST as a group is going to be new to the Ouray area. We are going to be needing some experienced leaders for the local trails.
Throughout the summer of 2008 I will be doing a lot of exploring through the lesser-known trails and trying to find some of the more technical gems that I know are hiding up here. I will be up there FAR too much (as usual) but it would be great to see some LOST faces.

So if you are willing to swing by this summer then sound off here...

If you have already been on the trails in the area then you can help us all out with a little info:
1. Can you make it to LJS 2009?
2. What trails have you run?
3. What would you be comfortable leading?
4. Recommendations or comments?

Post subject: Re: Operation Pre-Safari...Summer of 2008
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

durangotang wrote:
As you guys have figured out by now LOST as a group is going to be new to the Ouray area. We are going to be needing some experienced leaders for the local trails.
Throughout the summer of 2008 I will be doing a lot of exploring through the lesser-known trails and trying to find some of the more technical gems that I know are hiding up here. I will be up there FAR too much (as usual) but it would be great to see some LOST faces.

If you have already been on the trails in the area then you can help us all out with a little info:

1. Yes
2. All the ones listed on the trail list page.
3. Yes
4. Must do Blackbear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was already planning a trip in that area this year.So i guess i'll be there two years in a row 8)
I'll be there july 26 to august 1st,2008.Sure would be fun to meet up and hit some trails.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

Post subject: Re: Operation Pre-Safari...Summer of 2008
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Eddo wrote:
durangotang wrote:

1. Yes
2. All the ones listed on the trail list page.
3. Yes
4. Must do Blackbear.

I knew you would chime in here sooner or later... that's awesome that you can make it... add to the trail list if you have any other you really want to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:26 pm 
LOST Addict

kskj wrote:
I was already planning a trip in that area this year.So i guess i'll be there two years in a row 8)
I'll be there july 26 to august 1st,2008.Sure would be fun to meet up and hit some trails.

Sweet... We'll definitely have to be in touch when you are heading up here. I'm always looking for someone to do some runs up there with :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds great! I'd like to help with 2009 if there's any thing i can do i've been to ouray 4 times in the last 12 years but i dont think iwould feel comfortable leading

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

durangotang wrote:
kskj wrote:

Sweet... We'll definitely have to be in touch when you are heading up here. I'm always looking for someone to do some runs up there with :D

I'm moving to GJ about that same time. Never been on any of the trails down there but, I'd be glad to lead once I know the area better.

1. YES!
2. none, YET!
3. Pretty much anything but obviously I can't hang with the SAS and JBA 4-6" guys
4. nothing, yet.

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dje Ryu wrote:
durangotang wrote:
kskj wrote:

I'm moving to GJ about that same time. Never been on any of the trails down there but, I'd be glad to lead once I know the area better.

If you end up organizing a pre-run during that week, please let me know, or post here. I'd love to have an excuse to drive to Ouray this summer.

1. Yes
2. None.
3. None, but if I can hit a couple of trails beforehand, I'd be happy to be a waist- or tail-gunner.
4. Try to find a campground where we can all stay together, like the OK campground in Moab, and reserve a bunch of sites. That really made my first couple of years at LOST Moab easier and more fun.

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:37 pm 
LOST Addict

If you want a passenger, I might go.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:39 pm 
LOST Addict

Always want a passenger... when you thinking of coming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Whenever you guys decide you're doing this. I have no other business in CO.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:26 pm 
LOST Addict

This is going to be an ongoing thing throughout the summer... whenever people can make it I will try and meet them.

So does anyone have any dates in particular they would like to come prerun some trails?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I gotta wait and see what I'm doing as far as my move goes. I'm not 100% sure when I'm moving yet but I should be down there and ready for wheeling by August, at the latest though.

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:04 pm 
LOST Addict

I am going to East Coast Safari in August so I guess June or July would be the ticket. Flying into GJ is probably a lot more expensive then Denver. Either way, I guess I will rent a car and meet you guys wherever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:44 pm 
LOST Addict

July 1st-3rd, 10th-12th, 28th-30th is open for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:15 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

I might be back early enough to do something late Aug/September...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:50 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

USAFCOP wrote:
I might be back early enough to do something late Aug/September...

Didn't you just get over here? And you're leaving already!?

I won't be back until Dec, then I have some schools in the spring, and then I PCS in the summer. I may be able to swing some stuff in just before LJS if the need is still there.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Edited to keep things on topic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:10 pm 
LOST Addict

If I get the nod from the boss and go to CEDIA this year, that'll mean I'll be in Denver in September. I think that might work for Ted too. Maybe if anyone from the Denver Metro area is going, I could ride with them and I'd be willing to throw some gas money their way for the favor. Or anyone from the Springs might be willing to pick me up on the way?

let me know what you think, I'm not a Utahn anymore so there should be no more problems. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:45 pm 
JL Rockies wrote:
I am going to East Coast Safari in August so I guess June or July would be the ticket. Flying into GJ is probably a lot more expensive then Denver. Either way, I guess I will rent a car and meet you guys wherever.

It's only about $100 more to fly to GJ than Denver.