It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Although titled as "tentative", I hope this schedule remains essentially the same other than maybe adding some trails. Based upon the descriptions here and some other research, my dad and I are planning on participating Sunday 07/12, Monday 07/13, Thursday 07/16 and Friday 07/17. Tuesday 07/14 and Wednesday 07/15 we're gonna do some things on our own in the region.

Looking forward to hearing additional thoughts or plans as they're developed....

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MtnLuvr wrote:
Although titled as "tentative", I hope this schedule remains essentially the same other than maybe adding some trails. Based upon the descriptions here and some other research, my dad and I are planning on participating Sunday 07/12, Monday 07/13, Thursday 07/16 and Friday 07/17. Tuesday 07/14 and Wednesday 07/15 we're gonna do some things on our own in the region.

Looking forward to hearing additional thoughts or plans as they're developed....

Ditto. If we make it, it will be for the 15th-17th, and those listed now are the trails I really wanted to do in that region of CO....

2002 Patriot Blue KJ - Coming soon!
2006 Black LJ (Wrangler Unlimited), auto, custom skids, 3.5" Rubicon Express, Aussie D30, Rocker Guards & Cooper AT3 235x85r16
2009 Patriot Blue D2500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, Quad Cab
1967 Alberg 37' Masthead rigged Sloop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

FWIW. the best site I have found for trail description is http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

The best site for the most current trail conditions for 2009 is http://bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Right now very few trails are open due to snow.

The list of dates trails opened in 2008 is http://bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen_2008.htm

Black Bear should open about the time of the KJ gathering but Poughkeepsie had been snowed in the last 3 years when we were there in Mid July.

06 Grand Cherokee 2WD (wife's SUV)!
04 Kubota 4WD Tractor
LOST KJ Lifetime Member 96. btolle - BT052304

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

btolle wrote:
FWIW. the best site I have found for trail description is http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

The best site for the most current trail conditions for 2009 is http://bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Right now very few trails are open due to snow.

The list of dates trails opened in 2008 is http://bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen_2008.htm

Black Bear should open about the time of the KJ gathering but Poughkeepsie had been snowed in the last 3 years when we were there in Mid July.

Just another site for you to look at. Hits most of the common trails. It is Switzerland of America Jeep rentals list. They keep this list updated at least every other week.
http://www.soajeep.com/custom1.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Black Bear should open about the time of the KJ gathering but Poughkeepsie had been snowed in the last 3 years when we were there in Mid July.[/quote]

Just another site for you to look at. Hits most of the common trails. It is Switzerland of America Jeep rentals list. They keep this list updated at least every other week.
http://www.soajeep.com/custom1.shtml[/quote]

That is good information I haven't seen that site before.

Last year poughkeepsie was open the third week in july but it looks like they must of had less snow this year. I don't think yankee boy opened at all untill the end of june.

jeephotog what part of kansas are you from?

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

kskj wrote:

http://www.soajeep.com/custom1.shtml[/quote]

That is good information I haven't seen that site before.

Last year poughkeepsie was open the third week in july but it looks like they must of had less snow this year. I don't think yankee boy opened at all untill the end of june.

jeephotog what part of kansas are you from?[/quote]

We are just up the road from you in Newton. My wife drives the Liberty to and from Wichita daily and really enjoys it. We will be in Ouray beginning July 17th through the following week and are out there yearly at basically the same time. However, we drive my TJ out because it is set up for the trails and her Liberty isn't. We don't want to lift it etc...because of the gas mileage issue. She is averaging 20-21 mpg with it.

Small world huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:13 am 
LOST Addict

An update from the mountains....

The snowpack up high is at about 30% of its usual level.... things have been melting QUICK!! :D

Some examples:

Ophir pass- '07 opened 6/13....'08 opened 6/13.... '09 opened 5/28
Engineer Pass- '07 opened 5/31... '08 opened 6/20.... '09 opened 5/25
California Pass- '07 opened 6/27... '08 opened 7/3 ... '09 opened 6/4
Imogene Pass- '07 opened 7/3... '08 opened 7/22... '09 (still closed 6/13)
Black bear Pass- '07 opened 7/13... '08 opened 7/17... '09 (still closed 6/13)
Poughkeepsie Gulch- '07 opened 7/9... '08 opened 7/24... '09 (still closed 6/13)

It looks like (for the most part) we're ahead of the '07 melt.... looks good for us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:50 pm 
LOST Addict

Made a few changes to the schedule... the raffle/bbq will be on the 17th now after Black Bear and Imogene... most people already said they were planning to be there that day so I switched it up. Also added the stony pass/beartown run as I scoped that trail yesterday and we're good to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

durangotang wrote:
Made a few changes to the schedule... the raffle/bbq will be on the 17th now after Black Bear and Imogene... most people already said they were planning to be there that day so I switched it up. Also added the stony pass/beartown run as I scoped that trail yesterday and we're good to go.

Hmm...really? We've always had the raffle right in the middle (Wednesday) to make sure that the largest possible number of people can be there.

I have to leave on the 16th, and I've seen a few others say the same. Wouldn't it be best to keep it on the same day as past years?

(Not a huge deal if it has to be moved to Friday--as long as I can get my loot shipped to me. 8) )

By the way, the 15th is my birthday, for crying out loud! Can you think of a better day for a raffle??? :lol:

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:13 pm 
LOST Addict

Raffle was postponed due to late arrival of certain goodies... if they arrive sooner we can reschedule it once again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:45 am 
LOST Addict

Black Bear Pass is open! We are go for launch :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient