It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Requirements
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MUST HAVE:
- Tow Point, Front & Rear (If you don't have this, don't come. You will need it at least once)

SHOULD HAVE:
- CB (This makes it a real PITA for the rest of us. Bring a hand held CB if you don't want to mount one, or buy a cheap one and we'll mount it in the evening)
- Tow Strap (you should have it, but others will have it if you don't)
- Skid Plates (YOU are taking a huge risk without these. This is a rock park, not a mud park. Your spotter will NOT be responsible...)
- Rock Rails, Bolder Bars, Rock Sliders, etc. (See "Skid Plates", but not as huge a risk (i.e., you can still drive home with bent sheet metal))

What did I miss? Several threads on this site have lists of what you should have in general. This is just a highlight and to point out that you will get stuck - so have those points... Oh, I have also been told that common sense is in the "Should have" list. I will do my best to make this a safe event, but if you don't bring that, well that's what the wavers cover :lol:

We will be signing a waiver this year.

2002 Patriot Blue KJ - Coming soon!
2006 Black LJ (Wrangler Unlimited), auto, custom skids, 3.5" Rubicon Express, Aussie D30, Rocker Guards & Cooper AT3 235x85r16
2009 Patriot Blue D2500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, Quad Cab
1967 Alberg 37' Masthead rigged Sloop

Post subject: Re: Requirements
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:33 am 
LOST Addict

moose wrote:
What did I miss?

Fully inflated matching spare tire :wink:

Gloves

Working seat belts

Roll Bar (CJs, YJs, TJs, LJs)

Flashlight

Tools

Full tank of gas

Fire Extinguisher?

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:10 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Moose Thanks for adding in that one item :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Colin, Thanks for those "Should Have's"

2006 Black LJ (Wrangler Unlimited), auto, custom skids, 3.5" Rubicon Express, Aussie D30, Rocker Guards & Cooper AT3 235x85r16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:54 am 
LOST Addict

moose wrote:
Colin, Thanks for those "Should Have's"

Ooopppsss!!!! Yes, should have labeled as such... :oops:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:32 pm 
The force is strong with this one

How big are the rocks? I really want to go, but I don't have any skid plates besides the stock ones... and rocks make me nervous..

I much prefer mud.

Extra Rear Spring Isolators
Custom Bull Guard (w/ hooks)
Wranger MT/R w/ Kevlar 265/75/R16
(for serious enthusiasts)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jedi4x4 wrote:
How big are the rocks? I really want to go, but I don't have any skid plates besides the stock ones... and rocks make me nervous..

I much prefer mud.

I agree with Jayme, you should be fine. Now, you should make a point to remind your spotter about your capabilities when you need him. It will make for a better trip for all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Should have guts..... I expect not to be alone at the bottom of that hill this year. Moose and I only had each other to talk to down there and we don't even like each other that much. :lol:

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:49 pm 

Just signed up, I'll be there....

and I'll see you at the bottom!

Extra Rear Spring Isolators
Custom Bull Guard (w/ hooks)
Wranger MT/R w/ Kevlar 265/75/R16
(for serious enthusiasts)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:56 pm 
LOST Member

So seeing as I am not going to have the money for a lift by then, how much of a bad idea would it be for me to go without a lift? Would I be able to really participate in any of the trail rides? Just wondering. Also how much is this shindig? Just wondering as this sounds like a good time but I just don't know about not having a lift...

Flame Red, 3.7L V6, 42RLE, Command Trac, Mopar Fog Kit, Front Tow Hooks, Mopar Hitch, Mopar Skids, Renegade Rims, Firestone Destination AT's, Pre-lowered Springs, EVIC install, Cobra Ultra 18 Weather band CB Radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 pm 
LOST Addict

yellocoyote wrote:
JL Rockies wrote:
Should have guts..... I expect not to be alone at the bottom of that hill this year.

I'm going. No, really... I AM going. :shock:

If Eugene goes down the "Staircase" this year, Bunny is going to have to go as well.... :wink:

I thought Matt did it too last year, didn't he?

So that was what last year -- 1 LJ, 1 TJ and a KJ with a FLII, Front DTT, 4.10 gears, and front and rear aftermarket bumpers that did it? :P

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:56 pm 
LOST Addict

RedKJ04 wrote:
So seeing as I am not going to have the money for a lift by then, how much of a bad idea would it be for me to go without a lift? Would I be able to really participate in any of the trail rides? Just wondering. Also how much is this shindig? Just wondering as this sounds like a good time but I just don't know about not having a lift...

If we end up splitting into two groups, there is stuff that an un-lifted KJ (with FULL skids!!!) can do there.

Otherwise, it is not uncommon for folks to swap Navigators (and sometimes Drivers) around based on who has a free seat... :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I don't know if Ashley will be able to make it this year. If not, I wouldn't mind a co-pilot. I have no problem with my 14 year old daughter taking the LJ onto all of these trails except 21. And I use her to drive while I spot. So if she's stuck at home, I would not mind having someone fill in for her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 pm 
LOST Addict

moose wrote:
I will do my best to make this a safe event, but if you don't bring that, well that's what the waivers cover :lol:

Speaking of which, Moose, you got a draft of this that I can proof...??? :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
moose wrote:
I will do my best to make this a safe event, but if you don't bring that, well that's what the waivers cover :lol:

Speaking of which, Moose, you got a draft of this that I can proof...??? :wink:

No. Although I was thinking of the following:

No Nonsense Liability Release

I, the undrsigned, am participating in an off road activity that is dangerious. Vehicles can roll and people can be killed (in the vehicle or spectators). This document is written in simple english to avoid confusion that legal documents introduce to us non-lawyers. I understand that everyone is a volenteer on this run, and no one is a professional. Spotters will do so to the best of their ability. Drivers will listen to spotters. Everyone will exercise good judgement and if unsure, stop. Vehicles may be damaged, injusry or death may occur. It happens in this sport, but I want to participate anyways.

I am releasing the other members of this event from Liability for anything that happens, except for gross neglagenice. (i.e., if you do something so stupid that everyone else just looks at you and says "what the hell were you thinking", then I might have a case).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:47 am 
LOST Addict

ROTFL

I understand what you are saying, but we do need the doc to be a CYA for all involved, and be able to "stand-up" to legal scrutiny.

On that note, something about 'LOST being a voluntary organization and that "everyone involved participates at their own risk" and that event planners, LOST, Coal Creek, Windrock Rentals, and other participants are to be "held harmless" from claims of injury, harm, loss, etc. that result from participating in this event.'

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

please forgive me if this has been discussed, suggested or done, for I have not read all the posts on this site. And this may sound stupid, if not illegal...BUT...could you possibly cut and paste the waiver Coal Creek uses? (They do use one, don't they?) :? Placing the appropriate references to clubs, etc. where needed? Just a thought. Again, sorry if I've said something stupid....BUT...get used to it :lol:

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

'04 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRI Bagger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm 
LOST Addict

jhblackwell wrote:
please forgive me if this has been discussed, suggested or done, for I have not read all the posts on this site. And this may sound stupid, if not illegal...BUT...could you possibly cut and paste the waiver Coal Creek uses? (They do use one, don't they?) :? Placing the appropriate references to clubs, etc. where needed? Just a thought. Again, sorry if I've said something stupid....BUT...get used to it :lol:

Actually, I was thinking the same thing (and was looking to see if I had the receipt from the Coal Creek Waiver that I signed last year, but with the move I can't seem to find it...)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4