It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks to all the organizers!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks to Collin, Will and Jayme, and anyone else who had anything to do with planning this event. Thanks Meduncan for arranging all the swag and booty. Wish I had the chance to meet you.

I'm sitting here at my desk wishing I was sitting in my Jeep on the way home from Tennessee like the rest of you. I had a great time. Trails were challenging and the company was great. Thanks Terry for letting me sack out on your front lawn. Next year I'm going to have to get the weekend on my calendar earlier so I don't have to leave early.

Thanks to all the LOST folks that made sitting around the fire chasing away skunks so entertaining. :wink:

I'll try to get pictures posted when I get home from work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:06 pm 
LOST Addict

A big thanks should also go to Moose, whose idea it was to have an "ECS" in the first place and even though he was not able to attend, worked so hard behind the scenes to assure that things moved forward.

And you, Scott (bugnout) and Will (KJWilly) for bringing your off-road experience and leadership to the trails.

Jayme (yellocoyote) and Aaron (ihatemybike) for picking up the slack of everyone else.

Lastly to Matt (meduncan) who came up with a seriously raffle roster. We were all sorry you had to leave.

And of course, to our vendors and all the participants who make things like this possible. :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ya Thanks to everyone coming out, it was a great time and wish I could make it next year but will be in Kuwait but 2011, will be there.

Well worth the 9 hour drive each way.

My pics up in the next couple of days.

06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! This is the most awesome group, and last weekend was the most exciting time I've ever had (well, except maybe for that fire-fight in 'Nam) :wink: . I don't know if it would equal ECS-09, but I am ready for the next one. Whatever I can do to promote L.O.S.T. and the events, I'm there. See ya'll at the next one.
John

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

'04 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRI Bagger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks to all of you that helped make the ECS such a great event.I has a blast.
Thanks to ihatemybike and Jr.Blackwell for some great trail spotting.

Pics in a few days.I got in late yesterday and still need to go unpack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Same here Bub. I got home about 5:30PM yesterday. It was GREAT! Too bad certain northern people pulled out. I won't mention any names Tom! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a lot of fun and the rain did add a certain "element" (mud) to the trails. I went to the wrong campground and had no problems with all the rain. It seems that the people that went to the correct campground had to start building an ark! BACK STROKE!! How long can you tread water? :lol: :lol:

We also have a member with a couple of new names. One I forget but the other is "Lead Foot"! Has anyone ever been winched DOWN HILL before? Jayme has! :D

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Fulltimer wrote:
We also have a member with a couple of new names. One I forget but the other is "Lead Foot"!

Yeah? So? I like the skinny pedal a little too much... :oops:

And the other that you are not remembering was (un-fairly) "Boomerang" (the trail entrances and exits on the dirt roads at Windrock are really poorly marked and don't always agree with the maps...) :P :lol:

But I am glad that everyone had a really good time. :D

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
And the other that you are not remembering was (un-fairly) "Boomerang" (the trail entrances and exits on the dirt roads at Windrock are really poorly marked and don't always agree with the maps...) :P :lol:

But I am glad that everyone had a really good time. :D

O.K. Maybe it was unfair, but it was meant as a "term of endearment". :P Kinda' like "girly-girl" :lol:

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 pm 
LOST Addict

jhblackwell wrote:
Cobolt-60 wrote:

O.K. Maybe it was unfair, but it was meant as a "term of endearment". :P Kinda' like "girly-girl" :lol:

Oh, I took it as such... You can't drive around in a Jeep that looks like it should be driven by an 18 year old sorority girl and not be able to take it all in good fun!!! :lol: :D :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
Hey... I'm not sure if I resemble that remark... :lol: :mrgreen:

I love you Jayme :wink: You're the most balsy "girly-girl" I know. Tell Aaron he's one lucky man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We did have fun last weekend, and I expect everyone will be talking about this one for awhile. I told my wife, Betty, that I might stop remembering and telling the highlights in one or two weeks. I'm still having those..."Oh!... I just remembered... let me tell you about...." and then tellling her about one of our "slip-n-slide" adventures. She just rolls her eyes and remarks..."Not another 'Oh!" moment." :wink: gotta love it

Post subject: Awesome first trip
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:11 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not that I have any basis for comparison, but I had a blast on the trip, my first real off-roading adventure. Other special thanks also go to everyone who did a great job spotting and for bugnout who had to tow me through a few tricky sections when I lost traction.

I'm already making a list of things I want to modify for the next trip and still keep things looking stock. I'll be the "sleeper" off-raod rig :)

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

Post subject: Re: Awesome first trip
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:01 am 
LOST Addict

dgeist wrote:
Other special thanks also go to everyone who did a great job spotting...

It was so much fun to spot for you. Most of the other Jeeps were easy, the extra challenge to get you through undamaged was quite enjoyable. Almost want one stocker to show up to everything now.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

Post subject: Re: Awesome first trip
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dgeist wrote:
Other special thanks also go to everyone who did a great job spotting...

X2 Scottyboy and I learned a lot and appreciate the lack of body damage because of excellent spotting.

ihatemybike wrote:
Almost want one stocker to show up to everything now.

Sounds like Dan plans on doing that, hopefully with more agressive, but stock sized, mud/rock tires. I was totally impressed with his stock Libby, as I was with mine at Camp Jeep '07. Awesome vehicle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:

Glad you and Bub both got home alright! :D Looking forward to your pics too!

Thanks YC,my pics might have to wait a few more days,I gotta go back to the booneys tonight,to finish
wiring a fishing camp this weekend.no net there :(