It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just got my new Procomp tires
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yup, on Friday just after I paid off my VISA bill (which was maxed out) I bought another set of Procomp tires. I have a set on my YJ that I was satisfied with, the BFG tires on my Liberty are pretty worn and the Procomp tires were on sale this fall.
For $681 cdn (taxes in) I got four LT245/75R16 AT tires from JanSam Motorsports in Shediac Bridge.
Before the first snow flies I'll get them put on my Libby and post some pics.

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 pm 
LOST Addict

I've always wondered about those, heard good things, heard bad. My old boss just bought a set, said they were buy three, get other one free.

On side note, how do you like your YJ? We may look into getting a wrangler, but may have to settle for older one since we are poor :cry: :( I like the coil spring set up better, but alas, I guess we can deal with the leafs up front.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

Here's some pics of my new shoes;

I haven't had them on the highway yet but I have noticed that they don't rub the fender wheel wells when I turn the wheel full.

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject: Re: Just got my new Procomp tires
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

Cool I bought the same tire in 31x10.5-15 to go with the lift I have on order. How are they treating you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:22 am 
LOST Addict

so sorry you order such a bad tire. I hate procomps. My buddy has ran the At's like yours for a little over maybe 17k miles and they were shot, the mt's from procomp lasted him 15k. This is with regular balance and everything

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:09 pm 
LOST Junkie

JeepBumm68 wrote:
so sorry you order such a bad tire. I hate procomps. My buddy has ran the At's like yours for a little over maybe 17k miles and they were shot, the mt's from procomp lasted him 15k. This is with regular balance and everything

You're not the first one to criticize my choice of Procomp tires. To be honest it was the price that drew me to my first set of Procomp tires. I have a set of 33"x12.5x16 Procomp Extreme M/T's on my YJ and they've performed well on a variety of trails but suck in the mud. With them aired down they really stick to rocks. I think I've impressed a few people with how they perform.

The Procomp's I have on my Libby are rated for 50,000 kms and have performed well so far in the snow but I've yet to test them out on the trails. Both of my Jeeps aren't my daily driver so I can't really say how well they will last. Likely they will rot before I ever wear them out.

my trail queen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 am 
LOST Addict

ya don't mean to sounds like an booty or anything, but everyone i know, the tires have been crap on and off road

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My daughter has a set of Procomp's on her TJ which is her daily driver (never off road). They have done pretty well so far.

Terry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

JeepBumm68 wrote:

Your buddy should then return them to Pro-Comp as if you are state side they have a 50,000 Mile tread wear Guarantee as seen here http://www.procomptires.com/images/PDF/PCT_warranty.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

I bought 4 Image
For my YJ . sofar i like them . I went out on a Jeep run with the club and put the YJ and tires to the test and all you could here on the CB radio was "look how that old YJ is hooking up that thing is working good" I also love the look of then $840.00 installed w/taxes on the trail/road.
I also made a set of quick disconects for it

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

TAHOE wrote:
I've always wondered about those, heard good things, heard bad. My old boss just bought a set, said they were buy three, get other one free.

On side note, how do you like your YJ? We may look into getting a wrangler, but may have to settle for older one since we are poor :cry: :( I like the coil spring set up better, but alas rachat de credit immobilier, I guess we can deal with the leafs up front.

Yes but you can also customize little by little to make it a wrangler with a swap for the same engine.