It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Libby Run
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Can we get a Atlantic Canada KJ run sometime this summer?

I don't care where... seems most of you are in NS. I'm fine with that as I have my parents in Halifax.

Best time for me would be first week of August as I am on vacation down in Halifax, you might see me driving around (or relaxing at the cottage in Brigewater) ...

I wanna test my new tires and new wheels!!! ... and by then I wont care about scratching them up

Next: Bumper and winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:41 am 
LOST Junkie

There was some discussion on the NSJC forum about a Libby only run near Debert, NS. I'm heading to NS for the NSJC Jamboree on June 12th and I'll be on vacation for two weeks. Maybe we can arrange something while I'm there.

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I might be up for this, I need to get a few things finished up (CB specifically) but that sounds good, heck, if we wait long enough I may be lifted haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

I was going to try to put one together but changed jobs and dont have the time to work on it. I wont have many weekends off this summer so i wont be able to do it. I never even got to do jeep jam this year ( i hate my new job already.
I did buy a 87 YJ to fix up for my winter beater.

frt and rear recievers . Champion 10,000 lbs winch
Valley roof basket
Kelly Safari MSR 246/75R16
1988 Goldwing GL1500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sloo1v7CZ78 Stock at this time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What is it with everyone here giving up on the KJ and buying a YJ? LibertyFever and now GreenRider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:15 am 
LOST Newbie

I think fever had his YJ prior to the libby...

Next: Bumper and winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Scorpiate wrote:

I was sure he once told me he bought a YJ recently, but perhaps I'm confused and am thinking of Greenrider.... If Iwas to buy another Jeep I would be trading my KJ in for a 4 door JK, but that ain't gonna happen. Other than that, I would love a old willies, and do it up army style.

Post subject: any more talk of a run?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:56 am 
LOST Newbie

We are coming to NS Friday July 31st- plan on staying in Muscadobit? Friday night- going to Shubanacade Wild life park Saturaday AM- heading for Kentville Saturday night- and Sunday Upper Clements park or Monday and taking the Ferry back Sunday or Monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:39 am 
LOST Junkie

ObiHann wrote:
Scorpiate wrote:

I was sure he once told me he bought a YJ recently, but perhaps I'm confused and am thinking of Greenrider.... If Iwas to buy another Jeep I would be trading my KJ in for a 4 door JK, but that ain't gonna happen. Other than that, I would love a old willies, and do it up army style.

LOL...I believe I made the same mistake with you ObiHann. I thought you had bought a YJ when it was actually Greenrider.

For the record I bought my Libby first and it was the catalyst that got me hooked on offroading 8)
Then a couple of months later I bought the YJ.

I've spent a lot of money on both Jeeps but wheel the most with the YJ. It's my "Trail Queen" and I have no problem bouncing off of the occasional tree . But that doesn't mean I don't take the Libby offroad anymore, I'm just more careful with it :)

I haven't bought another YJ recently but to be truthful there is a 6 cyl 91 YJ for sale for $1500. I'm so tempted :roll:

This week I have a fellow visiting the Dalhousie area and wants to go for a run. I plan to take him up to the top of Squaw Cap just west of Campbellton on the Route 17 highway. I consider the trail to be "stock", very doable in the Libby and I expect his Cherokee.

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject: Re: Libby Run
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

I never gave up on the Libby Its still here . I needed another vehicle for me to get to work now that im not driving my own tractor trailer . The YJ was cheap and i wanted to get another Jeep instead of a car. I have been paying more attention to the YJ to get it trail ready because the Liberty is already there. But i will wheel the YJ more because i dont care if i smash it up in the woods .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Id be intrested but I am in Ontairo the end of July & first week of Aug Let me know if it might be another date

front tow points
more to come .....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

Someone PM me when this is going to happen. I will have my 31x10.5-15's by then and want to see what I can do now that the lift is in.