It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Powertrain Warranty is about to Expire
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 am 
LOST Junkie

As the title says the powertrain warranty is about to expire on my 04 Liberty Sport. On one hand I'm saddened because if something breaks I'm now responsible for the cost but on the other hand I'm now free to modify my Libby as much as I want without worrying if it voids my warranty.

My Libby came with a 115,000 km/7 year powertrain warranty and right now I'm 500 kms shy of that mark. Yesterday I took my Libby into the dealership for it's final appointment. Once the warranty expires I won't be returning. Good thing I took it in before the warranty expired because the found problems with the front axle; a leaking axle seal on the driver's side and a pinion seal. I guess the mechanic was cursing at my front skidplate because he had problems getting it off to access the diff. LOL, better him than me :D

I cringe every time I visit my dealership because I never know just how much the bill will be. This time it was a surprisingly small bill of $157.

So with the warranty expiring I'll be free to do whatever I want to my Libby. What will I do first? synthetic oils in the engine & diffs? a SFA upgrade?

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject: Re: My Powertrain Warranty is about to Expire
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

Maybe you'll ditch that Rusty's stuff and get an OME setup or that Franky? The Sway Bar disconnects actually improved my Off road capability way more than I originally thought they would.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 am 
LOST Junkie

Everytime I visit my dealership for routine service they ask the same dumb question; "Have you taken the Jeep through any water?" Well of course I have, it is after all a Jeep. The Liberty is rated for 22" of water forging.

Yeah I'm still interested in dumping the spacer or OTT lift components. There's already a couple of people in line to buy them from me.

Where did you get the disconnects from RedKJ666 and how much were they?

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

Jeepinbyal.com I paid whatever price is on his site..... but Aaron thinks he can make them if he could could come up with the bushings.