It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD's near Halifax
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey, any other CRD's near Halifax? I just got a GDE eco tune but otherwise have a stock KJ, wouldn't mind talking to other owners about improvements that they've made or issues that needed dealing with.

Post subject: Re: CRD's near Halifax
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:48 am 
LOST Junkie

Wow, we don't see many diesel power Libby's in Canada. In Europe where gas prices are obscene almost every vehicle is diesel powered, even the JK's.

Let's see, what would be specific to CRD Libby's? fuel issues in the Canadian cold weather? the need for heavy duty suspension? high low end torque?

Myself I'd like to try driving a CRD Libby. Does it have a higher tow rating than a gas powered model? (5,000 lbs)

Do you know of the NS Jeep Club?
http://nsjc.proboards.com/index.cgi?

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject: Re: CRD's near Halifax
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

I guess it's just a 5000lbs tow rating, but it has lots of good power off of idle. I don't think it drives much different then the gassers, a little more front heavy, oh and it doesn't down shift on hills with the criuse on (just holds 1800 rpm). I really like it, thought I would drive it more but sence I bought a house I haven't been on the roads like I was before. I like the extended range, last weekend I drove 740km before having to stop and get gas, by that time I was back in Halifax, good timing!