It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 823, 824, 825, 826, 827, 828, 829 ... 924  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hey, at least it has a garage - I don't even have that much.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I would / could never ever live in a place that didn't have some kind of garage available :roll: :ROTFL: too much junk / parts etc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
I would / could never ever live in a place that didn't have some kind of garage available :roll: :ROTFL: too much junk / parts etc

Copy that. My shop is 48' 64' and I'm looking to add on next year. Its too crowded in there. :D

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES
HUSKY MOLDED FLOOR LINERS

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
FULL FORCE STAGE II INJECTORS
PHP CUSTOM TUNES 6POS SWITCH
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS
X-CODE FRONT LEAF SPRINGS (OEM LEVEL KIT)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 pm 
LOST Addict

That's why I went from one garage to 3. More Jeep parts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:51 am 
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!

Mudd..... I'm about to trade the jeep for a RX-8.... Call me and talk me out of it...

3.5" R.E Superflex Lift, R.E Quick Disconnects, R.E Rear Driveshaft, SYE, OME Steering Stabilizer, ARB Diff Covers, JW Speaker Black Heated Headlights, Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels, 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's, 15 lb Powertank

2003 KJ Sport (BLACK) 230,000+Miles (Decommissioned)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:54 am 

:shock:
NO!!
well maybe is it cool as he**??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

03CDKJ wrote:
Mudd..... I'm about to trade the jeep for a RX-8.... Call me and talk me out of it...

You just can't save some people from themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I see the #2 spot slipping again! :ROTFL:

Keep the Jeep and buy the RX8, they'll just bump up the price to cover the trade anyhow.

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:19 am 

After what some kid told Chris over in the Hilliard the other day.............
he has to get rid of it now. :shock: :goink:

Is this the one you were looking at Chris ???

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:03 pm 
LOST Addict

:shock: That thing is hideous! No offense to 03CDKJ, of course. :-)r

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I've not met Chris but if that's your taste in RX-8's then I'm sure I'd enjoy a conversation with you - bet I'd be laughing for a long time :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: J/K

Had the good fortune to meet up with our friend Ted this afternoon at Akron's legendary ice cream stand, Strickland's. Got caught up with Ted's Excellent Adventure with 4 Wheel Drive Parts (sounds like the owner in California got involved to make everything right) and other things KJ/KK. Good to see you Ted!

Tom, what's the latest with the move? And what's everybody doing for Easter?

Bob

- Rubicon Moabs
- 4.10's, 265/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs
- 4X Guard Trans Skid, Modded BoulderBars, Mopar Engine, T-Case, Tank Skids, ARB bumper, Smittybilt 9500XRC winch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:39 pm 

Been second in line on four homes so far
lost them all..........
Looked at some that I would never live in, not sure how some folks do it, sorry can't live in a sardine can
Have 3 lined up for tomorrow ..........................BUT just went out and the battery is dead in mine, of course battery was dead in the silver one when we picked it up....... :furious:
Was going to look at homes tomorrow in the Dublin area and then head down home.
Guess I am stuck here for the weekend or until someone comes by to take me in town :banghead: :banghead:
Have contracts ready to go out to California, have.....well ...........
I won't complain any more :furious: :dizzy: :dead: :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 am 
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!

That has to be photoshopped.... It looks like it's sitting on industrial fans! hahaha

The one I found is not a hack job... it a 2005 gt manual.... and it's sitting on some factory looking racing rims.... Some engine upgrades..... dyno'd at 325 and only 74XXX miles.... Tempting....
:|

3.5" R.E Superflex Lift, R.E Quick Disconnects, R.E Rear Driveshaft, SYE, OME Steering Stabilizer, ARB Diff Covers, JW Speaker Black Heated Headlights, Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels, 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's, 15 lb Powertank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:37 am 
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!

TwoBobsKJ wrote:
I've not met Chris but if that's your taste in RX-8's then I'm sure I'd enjoy a conversation with you - bet I'd be laughing for a long time :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: J/K

Had the good fortune to meet up with our friend Ted this afternoon at Akron's legendary ice cream stand, Strickland's. Got caught up with Ted's Excellent Adventure with 4 Wheel Drive Parts (sounds like the owner in California got involved to make everything right) and other things KJ/KK. Good to see you Ted!

Tom, what's the latest with the move? And what's everybody doing for Easter?

Bob

Yes I'm quite hilarious...... last guy who didn't laugh at one of my jokes..... ASK BUGGIN..... I Punched in the gut! :goink:

I'm doing yard work for easter.... If it's nice....
I could do yard work for a month straight and it'd still need something..... It's a rental but I hate bad landscaping..... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Ok, so I'm going to post here and use my status as an honorary Midwesterner to ask you all for advice.

Today my KK threw a rod :shock: (or at least that's the preliminary diagnosis). It still idles but it sounds like the squirrels in there are on strike. :dizzy: I may need a new motor. :dead:

My questions are:
What is a reasonable price range for a new motor, and what kinds of places should I be looking? Junkyard or Remanufactured? Pros/Cons?

What years are compatible with the 2008 model year?

How many hours of labor are we looking at for a shop to do the swap? I am thinking $2,000 for the motor and maybe $2,000 for labor, but I don't know if I am in the ballpark.

If I had a garage, an engine hoist, and the rest of the tools I need, I'd learn how to do it myself and follow 2BobsKJ's how-to, but for now I am looking at having my shop do it. It's my daily driver, so I need it back ASAP.

No jeep for a time while this gets sorted out. :ALONE:
Looks like I will be going to work on the train on Monday morning!

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lfhoward wrote:
Ok, so I'm going to post here and use my status as an honorary Midwesterner to ask you all for advice.

Today my KK threw a rod :shock: (or at least that's the preliminary diagnosis). It still idles but it sounds like the squirrels in there are on strike. :dizzy: I may need a new motor. :dead:

My questions are:
What is a reasonable price range for a new motor, and what kinds of places should I be looking? Junkyard or Remanufactured? Pros/Cons?

How many hours of labor are we looking at for a shop to do the swap? I am thinking $2,000 for the motor and maybe $2,000 for labor, but I don't know if I am in the ballpark.
If I had a garage, an engine hoist, and the rest of the tools I need, I'd learn how to do it myself and follow 2BobsKJ's how-to, but for now I am looking at having my shop do it. It's my daily driver, so I need it back ASAP.

Check for a lifetime power train warranty. You may not have to pay anything.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Unfortunately there is no warranty, because the 2008 lifetime powertrain warranty only applied to the first owner. It was 3 year / 36,000 mile bumper to bumper for everyone else. I passed both those milestones a long time ago.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bummer

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm 
LOST Addict

Ted15 wrote:
Bummer

True that.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lfhoward wrote:

My questions are:

So sorry to hear!!

Don't know for sure what model years will work but I would expect an '08 or newer 3.7 will work from any Chrysler product. Generally a Jeep engine will be more expensive - that's been my experience. If you find an engine from another Mopar vehicle you'll probably need to swap things like the oil pan, intake and exhaust manifolds and maybe accessories like the power steering pump. The computers used in the different vehicles will be the same as the Jeep as long as they're 2008 or newer therefore you won't have to swap internal parts.

If you're a diligent shopper you should be able to find a motor with reasonable miles for around $1500 or so - and like I said above, one from a non-Jeep vehicle will be cheaper most likely. That said, if a shop does the work they'll have to swap some parts over if it's not from a KK so you may lose a few bucks on the labor meaning your cost may equal out depending on your shop's labor rate. May be a good idea to talk with your mechanic ahead of time to help you decide which engine/vehicle combo to look for.

Hope this helps - and by the way, have a shop diagnose the engine noise for you. I'd be surprised if the engine could still turn over with a thrown rod. May be something in the valve train like a thrown rocker arm. That's not an unusual problem in the 3.7.

Let me know if I can help!

Bob

- Rubicon Moabs
- 4.10's, 265/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs
- 4X Guard Trans Skid, Modded BoulderBars, Mopar Engine, T-Case, Tank Skids, ARB bumper, Smittybilt 9500XRC winch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 823, 824, 825, 826, 827, 828, 829 ... 924  Next