It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 853, 854, 855, 856, 857, 858, 859 ... 924  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:00 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Ted15 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
By the way where is Bob?
Need to meet him in the Loudenville or Millersburg area soon
or maybe just drive up to the Hartville Flea Market and meet up there! :wink:

Let me know if you're coming up this way.

Will do been a while since I've seen you as well.
Bought a DeLorme state map/book that should be here in a few days so maybe we could go through it as well :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:11 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Ted15 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
By the way where is Bob?

Let me know if you're coming up this way.

Will do been a while since I've seen you as well.
Bought a DeLorme state map/book that should be here in a few days so maybe we could go through it as well :wink:

sweet

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:04 am 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
lfhoward wrote:
What all needs to be done on your other KJ, Tom (that you know of) to make it a solid DD?

To be honest, not sure. I drove it up on hucoreys trailer when we brought it down from upper Detroit. Sounds like a rocker came off in a way. Problem was didn't have the money to tear it down then if it was more of a major problem. I was going to haul it down here to work on it, but city code says NO to that.( No non running vehicles allowed )
So thinking of having my great / fantastic/ all around great guy pick it up and take a look at it at his place. He's one of those diesel heads ( right hucorey :wink: ) :ROTFL: but he maybe able to check it out without trying to stuff a diesel in it :roll: :lol:
Plus have to buy Chris out since its tied up in a partnership right now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My engine is starting to smoke some on startup, and has a slight low rattle every now and again so need a back up soon!!!!!!!!
Then mine gets a new motor/ transmission/ transfer case/ brakes/4.56s with steel front diff / 33s / new exhaust from engine back and a few more items. Should be good for another 200-225,000 then at least.
Been paid off since 2006 so why not treat the old girl to a few new things. :wink:

Hi Tom, if you're up in the Swanton area and you and Chris are working on the KJ engine and/or suspension, I may be able to come down from Ann Arbor and lend a hand/get in the way. :-)r I don't have any of my automotive tools with me this fall (as they are in storage back in Philly), but I'm happy to have the chance to hang out with you all and learn something new.

Also, that's great news about your son's passport. Hopefully everything is coming together for your whole family to get here soon. :BANANA:

Cheers,
Lauren

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:12 pm 

lfhoward wrote:
Hi Tom, if you're up in the Swanton area and you and Chris are working on the KJ engine and/or suspension, I may be able to come down from Ann Arbor and lend a hand/get in the way. :-)r I don't have any of my automotive tools with me this fall (as they are in storage back in Philly), but I'm happy to have the chance to hang out with you all and learn something new.

Also, that's great news about your son's passport. Hopefully everything is coming together for your whole family to get here soon. :BANANA:

Cheers,
Lauren

No work up there in the garage, power is off , plus no tools etc. Chris never goes north of the 270 loop around Columbus so you'll never see him that far north anymore :wink: :lol:
Be good to see you though sometime soon. Need to schedule something
Will be installing some bumpers here in first part of October on a couple of KJs
YES very good news on the Immigration process, miss them both a lot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:17 pm 
LOST Member

Good to here. Tom, let me know when your coming this way I get you other one to my shop.

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES
HUSKY MOLDED FLOOR LINERS

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
FULL FORCE STAGE II INJECTORS
PHP CUSTOM TUNES 6POS SWITCH
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS
X-CODE FRONT LEAF SPRINGS (OEM LEVEL KIT)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:03 pm 

hucorey wrote:
Good to here. Tom, let me know when your coming this way I get you other one to my shop.

Hopefully Saturday , will advise you, :wink:
Oh found your message on my phone :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
By the way where is Bob?

Here I am!!! :pepper:

Sorry I've been so invisible - lots of travel (customer visits) and my honey-do list is as long as the Turnpike. My daughter is getting married this fall and of course friends & family will be visiting the house so it's my distinct pleasure to fix all the stuff inside and out in the next few weeks. Installed a new dishwasher last night to check off one thing from the list. :roll:

But Tom, there's always time to meet up in Loudinville or thereabouts :wink:

Bob

- Rubicon Moabs
- 4.10's, 265/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs
- 4X Guard Trans Skid, Modded BoulderBars, Mopar Engine, T-Case, Tank Skids, ARB bumper, Smittybilt 9500XRC winch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:32 am 

Bob,
Since your honey do list is as long as the turnpike does it cost as much as well? :wink: :lol:
Have to get a M&G together soon, having withdraws from not seeing everyone ! Summer has flown by way too quick for sure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:38 pm 

:ALONE:
I come back from a 10 day sabbatical with everyone wondering where I was................and now all alone again :goink:

:-)r

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hart, Larry, Chris ? Where'd ya go? :ALONE:

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

Last edited by John3:17 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tom, what about Prof? I haven't seen him posting lately though I certainly haven't been peeking into the forums frequently enough to get a feel for who is doing what.

Saw your post about a little bit of a rattle in the Kilimanjaro's engine. You going to rebuild your 3.7 if it comes to that? Or install a fresher one from a donor? Or...? I had a good laugh the other day when I realized that the only original driveline component left on mine is the T-case. Updated the engine, put in a new trans right after I got it, then you and I did the axles. Shoot, if I can keep the body clean and rust free then future grandkids might be able to drive it to the launch pad for their weekly trip to the moon or whatever will be the in vogue destination by the time that day rolls around.

Did anybody else have a feeling something might happen today (9/11) given all the shenanigans in the world, ISIS, etc? I kept waiting for the shoe to drop and at least as of 8:50pm ET nothing has gone down. Guess I'm paranoid, eh? :5SHOTS:

Bob

- Rubicon Moabs
- 4X Guard Trans Skid, Modded BoulderBars, Mopar Engine, T-Case, Tank Skids, ARB bumper, Smittybilt 9500XRC winch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 am 

You know Bob, I have wondered as well what happened to him. Talked to him via PMs every now and again and then............ poof went the Prof.

Hope he just got a job and has been busy.
But always think about one guy who I talked to out in Colorado all the time years ago, on line and by phone. All of a sudden nothing, tried calling etc , nothing at all. Finally after about a month his sister got on here and said that they had found him in his apartment dead from a heartattack.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:07 am 
LOST Addict

Got the tranny back in Tahoe, after some complications, ( broken oil gauge line and a cracked tranny cooler line) it's shifting again. I'm not happy with it though, it's gots a small issue when it's shifting, seems to have a little "blurp" of neutral right as it shifts. My neighbor said they call it a "flash" where it's slipping al ittle as it shifts. He thinks he needs a little more line pressure. gotta call rebuilder, hope it's and easy fix.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Busy busy and more busy!
Spent the day Saturday in Rochester Indiana for a family reunion, great town and folks :pepper:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
Busy busy and more busy!
Spent the day Saturday in Rochester Indiana for a family reunion, great town and folks :pepper:

Hey Hart! Good to see you posting - with all you've got going on I wonder sometimes if you've forgotten about us 8)

Of course, I've been AWOL from here a bit this summer. I need my fix of LOST Jeepers to get me back on the straight and narrow - or is it crooked and wide... :ROTFL:

Bob

- Rubicon Moabs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:22 am 

Need to plan a get together soon
BUT this next weekend is family time with Aunt and Uncle from Arizona in town
next weekend, 27th/28th will be to go pick up 3 or 4 rear bumpers , then drive some more and pick up my roof rack (so will hit Kentucky,Tennessee, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana in two days )
following weekend, mounting a new rear bumper on 501s ( shooting for the 4th / 5th if anyone interested in stopping in, M&G ?? )
Next weekend 11th 12th new flooring down home, have to...promised :wink:
18th rear Bumper installation for a couple from Chicago
Then.............M&G ????

OH and still have to finish clearing out everything in Swanton yet and sell that place ! :shock: :shock:
and some talk about being busy :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Need to plan a get together soon
BUT this next weekend is family time with Aunt and Uncle from Arizona in town
next weekend, 27th/28th will be to go pick up 3 or 4 rear bumpers , then drive some more and pick up my roof rack (so will hit Kentucky,Tennessee, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana in two days )
following weekend, mounting a new rear bumper on 501s ( shooting for the 4th / 5th if anyone interested in stopping in, M&G ?? )
Next weekend 11th 12th new flooring down home, have to...promised :wink:
18th rear Bumper installation for a couple from Chicago
Then.............M&G ????

OH and still have to finish clearing out everything in Swanton yet and sell that place ! :shock: :shock:
and some talk about being busy :roll: :roll:

I might be able to but I'm planing to go to ECS the following weekend, might not be able to take two weekends in a row

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:43 am 

Ted, at least Akron's 25 miles closer now to where I live than in Swanton :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I talk about being busy because I am very busy.
If I made a list of EVERYTHING I've been doing, got going on and have done, I'm sure it would be considered spam and a complete waste of an entire page of info no one could care less about :dizzy:
Oh and another clue to that, the lack of spam I've regurgitated :goink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Ted, at least Akron's 25 miles closer now to where I live than in Swanton :lol:

That'll knock about a half hour off :-)
The way it looks I may not be able to wheel anyway. My band new gears started making noise the first time I used the 4 wd. They've graciously offered to return it to an open diff though argh. I'd settle for a properly installed pinion. There's a local shop willing to inspect it for my, for a fee of course.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 853, 854, 855, 856, 857, 858, 859 ... 924  Next