It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 860, 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866 ... 924  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:26 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

501 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Has anyone ever watched the show about "U-Ship" where people bid on loads to haul
Well USHIP was here today, well someone who gets loads from them.
Don't think he had ever hauled a car before. I should of taken a picture of the way he did his straps.
Oh well I don't care , not my car , never really was so it's gone :pepper:
165 bucks to take the car 17 miles to the auto auction, not bad money

Do you get any of the money from the auction for all your troubles?

No money from auction, not any of my business , got my initial investment back plus some so all is well
Well almost,....... did fill it up with gas and didn't get anything from it :ROTFL: Should of siphoned it all out :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 pm 

Ted15 wrote:
I installed better brakes last night, a little too late. I think the brand is Powerstop. It was a kit from summit racing, two directional drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads. So far they're great. I'll post details after driving for a few days somewhere on one of the forums lol.

Keep us updated, never had any luck with slotted rotors of course never ran them on anything of my own.
Ones I did install on a buddys Ramcharger kept having issues with mud and dirt in the slots, course he was always in the mud and never washed it.
Had some others that I installed on a Corvette for a customer that cracked, but that was back when they were first coming out with them.
Lot of changes in brakes since then

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:48 am 
LOST Member

I have been running Drilled / slotted on rear with ebc pads and slotted and dimpled on front with some cheap pads from Advance for probably about a year and a half now. They perform very well. If you really stand on it they make a little noise but thats fine as long as they stop you, the problem is the people behind you but there is not much you can do about that.

All Black nickel coated dimpled/slotted Front rotors were cheapies from ebay or amazon and the rear kit was a bit more expensive .. I couldn't find just dimpled and slotted so I had to get drilled and slotted. No complaints so far. They stop pretty well towing trailer as well so I have been satisfied.

I think amazon has some Ok pad/rotor sets as well.

05 CRD Limited GDE Hot Tune, EuroTC, ARPs, Full EGR Del, IDParts Hoses, Etecno 7v GP, OME 790 Bilstein 916front, OME948 OME N132Lrear, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs+Moabs, Renegade roof lights, Curt Front Hitch, BTF Kryptonite Diff, JCR Stage2 Rails, SkidRow Skids, HDS Tstat,

Sold 06 CRD Limited K&N, EHM, ORM, EuroTC, TransgoKit, Samcos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:16 pm 

Thinking of redoing my rear brakes, still original rotor and calipers at 210,000 miles, pads switched out once at 96,000
I have a pair of NOS calipers downstairs, new stainless steel extended brake lines but.......should i treat her that well :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Thinking of redoing my rear brakes, still original rotor and calipers at 210,000 miles, pads switched out once at 96,000
I have a pair of NOS calipers downstairs, new stainless steel extended brake lines but.......should i treat her that well :lol:

Go for it . You'll thank her when she stops you short of hitting something with that new bumper. :pepper:

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

John3:17 wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Go for it . You'll thank her when she stops you short of hitting something with that new bumper. :pepper:

^^that
Better brakes would've made a big difference for me

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:36 am 

Looks like heading for Warren sometime this week :BANANA:
Pick up 5 round things and boogie back home :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Looks like heading for Warren sometime this week :BANANA:
Pick up 5 round things and boogie back home :JEEPIN:

Give me a shout when you get close to akron, maybe we can meet for lunch or something.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:37 am 

Haven't set a time yet as to when , this weekend is super busy with my Step dad turning 87 Friday .
Plus going after flooring for their house ( tearing out carpet in Living room, hall ways etc to put hardwood down. ) :dizzy:
But I'll let you know when for sure !!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:47 pm 

Well thats BS :furious:
Had 5 Moabs I found, Paypal'd half the money to the guy to hold them until tomorrow or Thursday when he would be available
Get a message 5 minutes ago that he was returning my money since he sold them today
People anymore :furious: :furious:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Well thats BS :furious:
Had 5 Moabs I found, Paypal'd half the money to the guy to hold them until tomorrow or Thursday when he would be available
Get a message 5 minutes ago that he was returning my money since he sold them today
People anymore :furious: :furious:

I had a similar experience trying to purchase a shotgun I've been looking for. There's very little integrity left in society today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:10 am 
LOST Addict

I drove across your great state today, down from Maumee on US 23, over to the Columbus beltway, and across to the Marietta area on US 33, picked up US 50 and headed across WV to Virginia, where I am giving a talk at a conference tomorrow. Long trip! Nice hotel at this end, though. :BANANA: Thought of Tom when I saw the signs for Gahanna and Marietta... Sorry to hear the deal on the 5 Moabs fell through today!

Edit: I swapped vehicles with my sister in law for the trip and got 30 mpg in her Grand Am GT!

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:41 am 

lfhoward wrote:
I drove across your great state today, down from Maumee on US 23, over to the Columbus beltway, and across to the Marietta area on US 33, picked up US 50 and headed across WV to Virginia, where I am giving a talk at a conference tomorrow. Long trip! Nice hotel at this end, though. :BANANA: Thought of Tom when I saw the signs for Gahanna and Marietta... Sorry to hear the deal on the 5 Moabs fell through today!

Edit: I swapped vehicles with my sister in law for the trip and got 30 mpg in her Grand Am GT!

When are you heading back up through? Let me know if you need a break along the way!
Had you ever been through that part of Ohio ? Nice areas for sure below Lancaster / through Athens over through Clarksburg

I am going to have to stop getting on EBay at 3:30 AM when I can't sleep
Just won a MAMBA TYPE MR1 SILVER WHEEL 16X8 5X4.5 ( MOAB Knockoff) for $34.50 from Quadratacs "side" business (Returned Item)
Now what do I do with it :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
lfhoward wrote:

When are you heading back up through? Let me know if you need a break along the way!
Had you ever been through that part of Ohio ? Nice areas for sure below Lancaster / through Athens over through Clarksburg

Just won a MAMBA TYPE MR1 SILVER WHEEL 16X8 5X4.5 ( MOAB Knockoff) for $34.50 from Quadratacs "side" business (Returned Item)

Hi Tom, I may just take you up on your offer for a stretch break! I'll be headed back tomorrow. It is a long haul back to Ann Arbor from Warm Springs, VA. It took me 10.5 hours on the way here. Avoiding herds of renegade deer in the dark and keeping the car on the road for hairpin turns and steep mountain passes was challenging for those last couple hours! Sure is pretty country though for the majority of the drive.

If the Mamba is visually indistinguishable from your Moabs you could mount another Duratrac on it and throw it up on your roof for a second spare. Or sell it to someone here who has 4 Moabs and needs a 5th?

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:56 pm 

lfhoward wrote:
tommudd wrote:
lfhoward wrote:

Hi Tom, I may just take you up on your offer for a stretch break! I'll be headed back tomorrow. It is a long haul back to Ann Arbor from Warm Springs, VA. It took me 10.5 hours on the way here. Avoiding herds of renegade deer in the dark and keeping the car on the road for hairpin turns and steep mountain passes was challenging for those last couple hours! Sure is pretty country though for the majority of the drive.

If the Mamba is visually indistinguishable from your Moabs you could mount another Duratrac on it and throw it up on your roof for a second spare. Or sell it to someone here who has 4 Moabs and needs a 5th?

PM'd you, nice areas down that way for sure. I used to co-own some land over near Slaty Fork WV, not far from where you are almost moved down there in 2002

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:23 pm 
LOST Member

Getting rather quiet around here.

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES
HUSKY MOLDED FLOOR LINERS

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
FULL FORCE STAGE II INJECTORS
PHP CUSTOM TUNES 6POS SWITCH
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS
X-CODE FRONT LEAF SPRINGS (OEM LEVEL KIT)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:36 pm 

Been out of the area, Stepfather turned 87 Friday so speding the weekend down there doing things for them.
Getting ready to install hardwood floors in living room and hallway, did the kitchen a few years ago
Built a foundation for a storage building we are having the Amish build for us. ( yes too much junk)
Set new posts for the grape arbor, old locust posts finally rotted away
Plus other maintenance items to the home place. Have to keep it up since its mine now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:29 pm 
LOST Member

Sounds like quite the projects.
Here's what I've been working on.

Now just have a few sheets left to install and put the work areas back together.

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES
HUSKY MOLDED FLOOR LINERS

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
FULL FORCE STAGE II INJECTORS
PHP CUSTOM TUNES 6POS SWITCH
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS
X-CODE FRONT LEAF SPRINGS (OEM LEVEL KIT)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:00 am 

Well its about time you got that building up and in shape :lol:
Looking good, have to make it up to see it someday soon!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:10 am 
LOST Addict

That building does look good! Did it go up as fast as this? :mrgreen:
http://aeon.co/video/society/ohio-amish-barn-raising/

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 860, 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866 ... 924  Next