It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867 ... 924  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:01 am 
LOST Member

That's impressive. I supposed if I had 40-50 people helping it would've went faster. Lol. But this cowboy rides solo. :( Mainly because I'm too grouchy (OCD) to work with. :D. Rotfl

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES
HUSKY MOLDED FLOOR LINERS

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
FULL FORCE STAGE II INJECTORS
PHP CUSTOM TUNES 6POS SWITCH
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS
X-CODE FRONT LEAF SPRINGS (OEM LEVEL KIT)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:35 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

:juggle:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:48 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

New bumper should be shipped today. :pepper:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:23 am 
LOST Addict

New tires for the Tahoe tomorrow.. I hate spending that kind of money on tires.
Trying out the new designed Hercules ATII's, gotta save money, really wanted the new Toyos ATII's

Tom, you are an old Ford truck guy....I change the radius arm bushings and frame mounts on the boy's 93 Bronco, replaced stock stuff with Moog parts, looked identical. After we put them on, truck pulls to the left now. Took for alignment, they are telling me castor is way off, not even in ball park. Left side is 11.5*, right is 15* which means both sections of the front diffy are twisted, top pulled backwards. I have no idea what direction to go to fix. I know they make a caster adjustment sleeve, but it's only good for 3.5* max. I have no clue why replacing those parts would throw it out that far other than the Moog frame brackets are stamped slightly off, stockers got oblonged when bushings wore out so had to be replaced.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:48 pm 

TAHOE wrote:
New tires for the Tahoe tomorrow.. I hate spending that kind of money on tires.
Trying out the new designed Hercules ATII's, gotta save money, really wanted the new Toyos ATII's

Tom, you are an old Ford truck guy....I change the radius arm bushings and frame mounts on the boy's 93 Bronco, replaced stock stuff with Moog parts, looked identical. After we put them on, truck pulls to the left now. Took for alignment, they are telling me castor is way off, not even in ball park. Left side is 11.5*, right is 15* which means both sections of the front diffy are twisted, top pulled backwards. I have no idea what direction to go to fix. I know they make a caster adjustment sleeve, but it's only good for 3.5* max. I have no clue why replacing those parts would throw it out that far other than the Moog frame brackets are stamped slightly off, stockers got oblonged when bushings wore out so had to be replaced.

Man that is a strange one there :shock: So they looked the same, no difference, any issues replacing them? Makes no sense why there would be that much difference
Dang wish i was a little closer to give it a once over. Be interesting in what you find. So no pulling before?

Been looking at those tires , love the Duratracs but now that everyone else is running them time to change. ( just like Moabs, time for a change :lol: ) Been looking at the Coopers ( same tire) and they are getting good reviews. Post up some pics if you can. My Duratracs have 81,000 on now and need something before the snow flies

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:11 am 
LOST Member

Toyo open country AT2's have pretty good reviews.

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 am 
LOST Addict

Nope, it wasn't pulling before but the arms had no bushings left, they banged up and down on bumps, braking, etc. There was nothing tight to cause any pulling. The brackets "looked" identical and pretty much bolted right in place, I did had to use a jack and come along do get hole lined up, but I read on FSB forum you pretty much hav to do that when you replace bushings using stock brackets too. I need to contact local 4x4 shop and see if they can help.

Got the Hercules Terra Trac ATII's mounted and tried them out in 3" of snow this morning, hardly had to use 4x4, but I left it in Autotrac 4x4 anyway. They grip pretty well. They are fairly quiet, but I never took them on highway to see what they do there. They do seem a little stiffer than my old Toyos, but then the Toys were C rated, these are 10 ply E rated, don't make my 285's in anything but E's. It seems I feel more of the road bumps, but with the E load and I also had Rancho 5000's installed at the same time, it may just be I actually have working suspension and good tires :ROTFL: The old 'Hoe was like riding a boat on the ocean shocks were so bad.

I have the Cooper ATIII's on the Libby ( 245/70/196), they do okay, but are a little noisey sometimes and are feathering even after the original alignment. I need a re-alignment and something maybe wearing in the front end too. I will go with more of a highway tread on it next time, if we have it that long :BANANA: getting ready to roll 100K

I really wanted the Toyos ATII's, I got about 45K out of the originals and loved them. The news ones are a re-design and have great reviews. I am poor though, they would have cost me close to $1K for them, Coopers were about $900. I got the Hercules out the door for $765 through a friend's shop. The ATII's are also a re-design and they added a deeper tread and have that silica added to promote tread life, I think they have a 60K warranty on my tires, that's alot for bigger tires IMO. My son has the ATI's on his Bronco and he says they are not very good in the rain, the II's have 30% more siping so maybe better.
Hercules and Cooper are the same company and one of only 3 US tire manufactures so I was good on decided to buy US made tires!!!!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:06 am 
LOST Addict

Here ya go Tom, only pic I took right when I got home. I had them leave the center caps off due to rusty so I can sand and paint or plastic dip them. Of course I had to wash the nasty bluing off!
I've seen a couple reviews on some forums that guys actually said they perform better the BFG AT's both on and off road. Mine will be 98% road use.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:02 am 
LOST Member

:crickets:

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:38 am 

and even more crickets

But did talk to John317/501 and 03CDKJ today

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:19 pm 
LOST Addict

:ALONE:

The longest I've ever seen the Ohio chat room go without a post! So let's stir the pot. :twisted:
Is anyone looking forward to the OSU-Michigan game next weekend? I'm afraid the Wolverines might have a hard time down in Columbus this year...

Also, Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to everyone! :JEEPIN:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:09 pm 
LOST Member

I always love to see a great competitive game. But as far as OSU being able to make it into the final 4 they have to blow them out.

Go Big Ten !!!

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:26 pm 

That team " up North" hasn't been doing that well, BUT its happened before where they come through to stomp Ohios ever loving a**
So we shall see , too bad I won't have time to be watching, its about the only game I can sit down to watch. Football bores me :ROTFL:

Everyone be safe out there this crazy weekend
Not only from turkey crazy drivers but also Christmas shoppers running full speed ahead driven by the desire for that one gift thats on sale for half off the regular price after it was doubled last week .
I shopped on line for everything this year, except for a camera for my 9 year old God Daughter who is traveling to Tanzania for a month , leaving Monday.
Best Buy is a wretched place, not sure why it takes 5 salesmen to stand in one spot while one scratches his butt and they all ignored customers that clearly needed help :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:40 am 
LOST Member

Good morning. Its great to be at work on the weekend.

AMSOIL
REDNECK EXHAUST MODS
GDE HOT AND ECO FT TUNES

'99 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4
AMSOIL
BTS TRANS/TC
6.0L TRANS COOLER
AFE STAGE II CAI
4" SS TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BILSTEINS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:58 am 

Glad some one is at work this morning! :wink: :mrgreen:
Heading to Lowes to pickup 15 bundles of Toffee Oak flooring and a Christmas tree !
Deliver them 2 hours away and get back up here in time for ......................................!
Everyone have a great day, and those at work,......smile! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:41 pm 

......................................not good, picked up flooring etc and been back home all afternoon just sitting in one small room .................................... :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys,
I know their is some northwest Ohio people here. I just wanted to know if anybody can recommend the best place in the Lima/Findlay area to get an alignment. I would like a shop that specializes in off-road or at least deals with trucks on a regular basis. I know of places back east in Ohio but not while I'm out at school unfortunately :( Any input would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:19 am 

geraldthejeep wrote:
Hey guys,
I know their is some northwest Ohio people here. I just wanted to know if anybody can recommend the best place in the Lima/Findlay area to get an alignment. I would like a shop that specializes in off-road or at least deals with trucks on a regular basis. I know of places back east in Ohio but not while I'm out at school unfortunately :( Any input would be appreciated.

Would you be willing to drive a little more north, like Toledo
Shop that did like 20 or more alignments for me after we did lifts on various peoples KJs is great
They are a small shop but know their stuff, only place I would take mine to
Let me know if you want the name
I'll check in the Lima area, buddy used to live in Wapak so he may know of one even though he brought his up to the place in Toledo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks Tommudd. What's the name of the shop? I would be willing to drive if they are good and are reasonable. I just want my jeep to track straight for once haha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:48 am 

geraldthejeep wrote:
Thanks Tommudd. What's the name of the shop? I would be willing to drive if they are good and are reasonable. I just want my jeep to track straight for once haha

PM'd you with all of the information

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867 ... 924  Next