It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 888, 889, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894 ... 924  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:44 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Back what seems at times 100 years ago , actually 35-40 years or so, I hung out with a great group of older guys.
They all had nice older cars, had built many over the years, had 4X4s, Harleys etc, wealth of information, best part was they let me hang out with them.
We would meet up at our various garages to help someone work on their junk, BS, tell lies, drink some , discuss women, religion and politics.
Wide range of backgrounds but our love for motorized transportation kept us all on even ground.
As I think back I think how lucky I was to get to know not only them, but also the art of say discussing politics without any one getting mad and walking out.
Sure there was heated discussions, but we were all friends, we all understood each other and accepted our differences. IF we would of all been the same we would of been a boring lot of misfits.
I miss that a lot as I read through the BS crap that totally pollutes Facebook for example. NOT one of the guys no matter what they thought of the President then called him names like they do now as one example.
We talked, discussed, cussed a little and all left laughing at the end of the night.
Now I find that my political views have cost me what I considered to be good friends.
I miss the old guys from back in the 70s, they would of understood my viewpoint, as I would of theirs.
In the end we would of continued getting together, laughing, joking and working on our junk and discussing / cussing about women, politics and religion.
Guess thats the difference between today and the " good old days " There wasn't the hate that is so common place today.
Miss those guys, can't wait till I can sit around a wood stove in an old metal lawn chair, feet up on a milk crate with them again ........................

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

I hear exactly what you are saying. I have spent tons of time over the the last year or so visiting with friends in Canada, some old from my childhood, some newly made and some extremely interesting view points. The conversations we've had is in very stark contrast to the "heated" conversations state side. Not to mention getting a view point from someone that isn't brain washed into the "American" way of always being right. Meaning, most I've ran across up there are willing to converse, not argue like a yanked off child that no one's else's view could even be slightly correct. Name calling shows a person's mental age, of course unless it is done in a joking way. :jester: Also I find interesting that the folks that are able to talk about politics and or religion without getting yanked off, do their own research, are able to talk about it, absorb other views and digest. Where as the vast majority of lazy Americans watch the news to find out what they "need to know"……….
It also could be the quality bourbon :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I had to remove a good friend from my Facebook friends, he turned into an extreme liberal contradicting himself allot depending on the liberal outlook at the moment. He set me up a couple times by baiting me into conversations I really didn't want to be in and finally told me to stay off his wall like I was hounding him or something.
People have different opinions, that's ok but this guy had his own set of facts and would turn into a real butt when proven wrong.
On the plus side, I haven't gotten upset on Facebook lately lol.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Facebook………….what a freeking joke! At first the idea was cute and fuzzy, then it became a life necessity which is when, along with the internet, people have forgotten how to communicate with one another like humans. Worse yet, we are raising a generation and future generations so disconnected from actual human contact it is very sickening. Don't believe me?!?!?!?! Get a group of teenagers together, each and every one of them while together are on their stupid phones, heads tilted down like in shame texting others sitting right there in front of them or a few streets over. Worse yet, the folks (grown adults) that can't live without their phones or internet. Sad to say the least…..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:56 am 
LOST Newbie

:5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:goink:
BugginKJ2 wrote:
:5SHOTS:

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:12 am 

BugginKJ2 wrote:
Facebook………….what a freeking joke! At first the idea was cute and fuzzy, then it became a life necessity which is when, along with the internet, people have forgotten how to communicate with one another like humans. Worse yet, we are raising a generation and future generations so disconnected from actual human contact it is very sickening. Don't believe me?!?!?!?! Get a group of teenagers together, each and every one of them while together are on their stupid phones, heads tilted down like in shame texting others sitting right there in front of them or a few streets over. Worse yet, the folks (grown adults) that can't live without their phones or internet. Sad to say the least…..

Very sad indeed
I am on the phone more than what I like and bought a larger phone that could do more but for a good reason.
Its the main line of communication with my wife. Thinking seriously when she gets here in a few weeks of going back to a flip phone.
But then of course what would John do ?
So may need to keep it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
BugginKJ2 wrote:

Very sad indeed
I am on the phone more than what I like and bought a larger phone that could do more but for a good reason.
Its the main line of communication with my wife. Thinking seriously when she gets here in a few weeks of going back to a flip phone.
But then of course what would John do ?
So may need to keep it!

Im just a stones throw from a flip phone myself. Theres always email to send secret jeep project pictures back and forth :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :SOMBRERO:

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Cell phones :ROTFL:
Remember when they came out???? Little suit cases with a cord hanging out if, time rolls on and they got tiny……..now they're getting bigger again, like lil tablets :ROTFL: I love to hide cell phones on people at work, the panic that comes over them is just toooooooo much fun :goink:
I gave cell phones the "flip" long ago, I'm sooooooooo much happier with my twine and soup can :rockon:

The day for Alice's Restaurant and the Thanksgiving ride is neigh :pepper: :pepper:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:13 am 

BugginKJ2 wrote:
Cell phones :ROTFL:
Remember when they came out???? Little suit cases with a cord hanging out if, time rolls on and they got tiny……..now they're getting bigger again, like lil tablets :ROTFL: I love to hide cell phones on people at work, the panic that comes over them is just toooooooo much fun :goink:
I gave cell phones the "flip" long ago, I'm sooooooooo much happier with my twine and soup can :rockon:

The day for Alice's Restaurant and the Thanksgiving ride is neigh :pepper: :pepper:

Problem is no twine or soup cans here so no calls from Hart :goink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:46 am 
LOST Newbie

Heyyyyyyyyyy Mister, I called both numbers of yours last week, left a message on both numbers along with my tin can number :shock: :goink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:59 am 

BugginKJ2 wrote:
Heyyyyyyyyyy Mister, I called both numbers of yours last week, left a message on both numbers along with my tin can number :shock: :goink:

THAT WAS YOU???????????????????
whoops sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

No worries :goink:
Jeep ready for trek up into Michigan for turkey day, Suzi really mad she has to sit at home all alone but is eagerly awaiting my return. At least one beeeeeeotch is going to happy to see me :ROTFL: Super super nice neighbor is loaning me his heater for the winter so I may continue my antics in the "think tank" all winter without loosing any digits :jester:
Lesson one today…….saw dust IS flammable :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:19 am 

Quick run to the southeast today to pick up the parental type people
then back up here
traded Jeeps while there as well
They'll be here for a few days
then run them back, grab my junk, a spare diff I have sitting there and ...............

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant :pepper:
:ROTFL:
Ear buds in, second ride for the day coming up :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:56 am 
LOST Newbie

:dead:
Wow a once bustling forum has turned into a morgue :grim:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think a lot of people have started using Facebook. Same old questions but not very many people to give a good answer. Their loss I guess.
I used to see a lot on jeepforum too.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:12 am 

Ted15 wrote:
I think a lot of people have started using Facebook. Same old questions but not very many people to give a good answer. Their loss I guess.
I used to see a lot on jeepforum too.

Fakebook was good at first, still use it to keep track of friends and relatives
And ........................try and explain to total idiots what they are doing is totally wrong :ROTFL: :ROTFL:
About ready to ditch all of the fakebook Jeep Type forums
seems a couple try to run them all so all the same crap and ads

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:21 am 
LOST Newbie

Fakebook, I like it!!!! :ROTFL:
Heyyyyyyyy what's with this little spacer that is showing up with JBS upper arms for the upper ball joint?????
Is that what you and I were talking about years ago that should be there Tom????

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 pm 

Talked to my best Toledo friend today
Great to catch on his antics :ROTFL:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 888, 889, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894 ... 924  Next