It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 899, 900, 901, 902, 903, 904, 905 ... 924  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE OHIO CHAT ROOM!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Heiney5 wrote:
The 5th annual Jake (Anderson) event is coming up soon. So come join us for another round of good times @ Heineyfarm.....Event will generally be casual with some "mini-type" events and raffles, these are in addition to the open type ride. The goal is to raise money for a good cause. Additional local support is encouraged; please contact me directly with suggestions or information.

The farm is definitely small compared to other parks, so we do plan to limit the rigs to 100 total. Please RSVP and/or contact me feel free to post up if you plan to attend. One goal is to hit the “100” rig limit.

---Background---

Picture of Jake Anderson wheeling :

For those who don’t know....Jake Anderson was a “local” who would often be seen wheeling his TJ on some of the most difficult trails. His windshield had a “banner” which most people remember and agree upon if ever meeting him. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with stage four adenocarcinoma (lung cancer) at the age of 31. Due to the vast spread of the cancer his battle was short. He passed away Thursday, June 28, 2012.

This year, in honor of Jake Anderson, Heineyfarm will be hosting the 5th annual Jake Thing to raise money for a local family and support Makenna Lemmon. Makenna was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), on October 21, 2015, at the age of 3. She has been courageously undergoing chemotherapy treatments at Nationwide Children's Hospital ever since. Her story, like many others, brings the hardships we face in life to reality. Heineyfarm is looking for local support to help show compassion and love for this family. Our goal is to bring easier financial time to there current situation (so there is one less thing to worry about). All proceeds will be given to family, and they then can use it at their discretion. Whether it be for food, ice cream, family vacation, hostipals, medication, or just something to put a smile on MaKennas face. For more information please contact me, and also feel free to follow Makenna's story at the "Prayers for Makenna" Facebook page!

Picture of MaKenna :

Online donations, GoFundMe :

Furthermore for those who can NOT make event, Heineyfarm plans to started a go fund me page to help raise money and track donations related to goal. Please donate at
https://www.gofundme.com/2fp8z8c

---Details.---
Event: Open ride w/ special events (ie sponsors?/raffles/etc)
Date: 08/27/2016
Time: 10am- Midnight+ , primitive camping permitted
Cost: $30 per rig, 100 rig limit**

**ATVs and SxS must let me know what your bringing. In addition to 100 rigs, we are limiting the numbers of ATVs and SxSs, to reduce the "smaller" vehicles. ALL ATVS must wear helmets per our normal rules @ http://heineyfarm.com/park-rules.html

---Event Flyer---

---Food Vendor Details---
There will be a Food vendor present. So save yourself some time and buy foods and drinks at event. Its a local truck, "Lynette's Country BBQ" from Newark area. Its a BBQ type truck. I had some a couple weeks ago, and it is good stuff.

---Shirts---
Event shirts are drafted. They will be sold in limited numbers at the event. Also, shirt "pre-order" form is up and running. If you want to "guarantee" a shirt, use form (linked just below). Make sure you read and agree to form. Sorry no deliveries, must be picked up at event.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform

(that is an actual scan of MaKenna's hand print on back)

---"Events"---
There will be a handful of mini-events like in past.... Have to sort out and plan which ones.... Will post details ASAP.

---Tentative Schedule---
**TBA**

---Raffle and prizes---

The raffle is a great way to raise money and win cool stuff. We will have the normal selection of items.... I will post more details when I get them. DONATIONS ENCOURAGED AND WELCOME!!!

---RSVP methods---
PREFERRED method is to Fill out the form (linked below). But you can also post here on offroad ohio, or private message/inbox me, or email me @ heiney5@heineyfarm.com. (In turn that means I just fill out form for you)

RSVP form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19hXRPC ... g/viewform

^^^^Sponsors, clubs, and local vendors inquiries are always welcome. We can work out details, just contact me. Always looking for raffle items or other things that can help raise more money.

_________

Wheeling an Isuzu Rodeo on 1 tons
and a Stock Chevy Tracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

How though are the trails? There's no way my Libby can keep up with a heavily modded wrangler.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Down there it really depends in how the week goes with rain. The place doesn't drain well so rain makes everything slimy. If it is dry there are several trail that Coukd be ran but rain is a major game changer.

Akron is a long hual for what a moderate rig has available, but in this event it's the charity thst draws

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:21 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

and another year just slipped by .........................

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
and another year just slipped by .........................

Faster than the year before.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:16 am 

Took a little road trip down to Winston-Salem NC area
Left Friday morning came back today
The 03 did great all the way down and back, never a hiccup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:07 am 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:

Im going to be rolling through that area in a couple weeks! Heading out to portsmouth island with the wife and pup (and of course the jeep), a little 3 day vacation camping/driving on the beach and exploring the old island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:45 am 

andrew.wenmoth wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Im going to be rolling through that area in a couple weeks! Heading out to portsmouth island with the wife and pup (and of course the jeep), a little 3 day vacation camping/driving on the beach and exploring the old island

I rolled through Athens on the way down and back, thought of stopping by but was on a "MISSION" both ways :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I went through there on my way to Charleston SC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:27 pm 

Started end of summer cleaning early this year
front end done , moving on back, cleaning/ painting / etc
front fenderwells just needed the JaxWax engine cleaner and detailer used on them and the suspension

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:20 am 

Hiding out down in Southeastern Ohio for a while today

after oil change on the 03 and tire rotation on the 03 and 05

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

Wow. It's been too long since I've been on here. :D

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:38 am 

profdlp wrote:
Wow. It's been too long since I've been on here. :D

Too long, now get to work

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:41 pm 

OHIO see it...... :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:59 am 
LOST Member

Got my speed sensor issue figured out this morning and cleaned her out. Off to the beach tonight! First time driving on the beach anyone got any first timers advice? Besides the obvious air down, bring a shovel and a tow strap? I made an old school traction ladder out of angle iron and have a hilift, jack points and a super wide base for it i made out of 2x6's. Its about 18" square and sturdy as [PILE OF POO]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:44 am 
LOST Addict

Nice touch on the skid plate, Tom.
Sorry to hear about the black Liberty.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:37 pm 

andrew.wenmoth wrote:
Got my speed sensor issue figured out this morning and cleaned her out. Off to the beach tonight! First time driving on the beach anyone got any first timers advice? Besides the obvious air down, bring a shovel and a tow strap? I made an old school traction ladder out of angle iron and have a hilift, jack points and a super wide base for it i made out of 2x6's. Its about 18" square and sturdy as [PILE OF POO]

Sounds like you are ready to go, have fun and PICTURES of course !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

Anybody want to help a n00b in the Cleveland area get his OME lift installed?

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:26 am 

profdlp wrote:
Anybody want to help a n00b in the Cleveland area get his OME lift installed?

would be great if we could get Ted with his lifted KK, Bob and his KJ, trying to think who else is around

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

I've called that DIY rent-a-bay twice and just get a recording which seems to be for someone else. I'm guessing they are no longer in business.

On the bright side, I might at least have the parts paid off by the time I get it installed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 899, 900, 901, 902, 903, 904, 905 ... 924  Next