It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: seeing if any interest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Well.. as the title says i'm seeing if there is any interested in a small gathering at my house (which is my parents house really i'm still in college :() i know that i'm not technically in the midwest but very close. The gathering would be in Jamestown PA which is about 4 mins from ohio... and hour south of erie and 1:30 north of pittsburgh. We have about 2.5 miles of trails cut in our woods that are jeep accessible. our trails are not hard core.. more like a ride though the woods and some can be done in 2wd. however we have some that are kind of challenging. this video shows some of the more difficult parts of our trails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJQthKVP ... re=channel

if you are daring... we have just cut a new trail (not shown on video) that is very very tricky and takes some careful driving in my dad's 4.5in long arm'd rubicon on 35's to make. locker and lift would most likely be required for that one. i haven't tried my KJ on it yet but going to soon :twisted:

----just did the new trail with my KJ today and it was TOUGH... if you arent lifted locked and it would be a very very big challenge... there were some places i had problems but didnt have to get strapped or winched..----

We do have a fire ring with a nice tri-pod cooking rack (for over the fire meals.. yummm) and places to set up tents but no running water (besides the creek) so the restroom would be behind a tree. We could just have an everyone bring something sort of deal for eating.

To get though all the trails (easy and harder ones) would take probably an 1.5hrs... if everyone makes everything and we dont have to stop. I believe all the trails (maybe not the creek one in the video) can be done with a stock liberty.. and there is a bypass for the creek as well as the new hard trail.

i dont want this to be a huge event... i was thinking maybe 4 KJ's (plus my dad and i) at most.... if that goes smoothly than sure.. more next time
:D

we can wheel.. sit around the fire.. tell lies... if anyone wants to work on their jeep or have a lift party we have tools and such.

i have no idea on dates.. but... any interest?

there is also pymatuning lake less than a min. away as well as several decent restaurants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:11 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Sounds pretty good , I have some other things I want to check out again over that way so may make a weekend out of it sometime.

Most of my time is tied up though until I get back from a little plane ride to East Africa, but after that may work just for a shoot the ...bull and tell lies get together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

seems fun to me! would depend on the timing of course, but provided i was free, i would be up for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:25 pm 
LOST Addict

cool.. even if no one else has any interest we can figure a time to cruise the trails...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:48 am 
Given enough lead time to request a day or so off, ThunderbirdJunkie thinks it would be good 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:24 pm 
LOST Addict

well guess the next step is to work out a date.. is the last weekend of april good for anyone? (perhaps the saturday of april 25th). that would work well for me since i'm still on break then. i go back to school may 8th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:59 pm 
LOST Addict

lets work out a date.. what's good for everyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:00 pm 

Is it too late to join in? I could use a good road trip :)

Frankenlift; Skink Sliders; Skid Row front skid; Mopar trans, t-case, and gas tank skids; f/r recovery points; Cobra 75 WX ST; Renegade light bar; hardwired radar detector; 245/75 Guard Dog MTs; Optima Red Top, Amsoil air filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:47 am 
LOST Addict

nope not to late! just trying to work out a date... maybe april 18th? just dont know what works for who here haha... tomorrow we're having a wrangler gathering kinda.. i'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:19 pm 
LOST Member

Are you going to say something to the Mid-Atlantic Lost people I would like to join in on the fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:29 pm 
LOST Addict

i want to keep this one kinda small.. maybe 4 or 5 KJ's... so colt i think you'd be 5th which is fine.... and i'm sure some that say they want to come wont. so who knows... i figure if everyone shows up around 11 or noon we could wheel for an hour and half or so then go for lunch... makes for a nice day we just did it today with some rubicons (check out the pic section in a hour or so). i know i said about camping but i'm not sure if i'm up for that. if it's a nice day we can still do a fire and cook on it and so on. either way just getting in the woods is fun! clocked 2.7 miles of trails today... all on our private land so it's legal. ... still trying to figure out a date.. no one's really chimming in as to when they can do it.... time will tell i suppose.