It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cruise In / Park & Shine 9-13-09
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just in case anyone would be interested. This is a HUGE park and shine free car show that goes on every summer at UAW Park next to the GM Powertrain transmission plant in Toledo. GM sets up their tent with new cars and their 53' semi-trailer with all the engines and transmission cutaways on display, a lot of local dealers bring new cars for display in one area. There's a swap meet, kiddie rides, cocession trailers. It goes on rain or shine and in good weather the park is simply packed with cars, trucks, motorcycles and race cars. To let you know how big this gets they limit the dash plaques to JUST the first 1500 vehicles. I have seen everything at this car show from mint condition 1911 Fords to the trickest hot rods you can imagine. The Riddler Award winner ( for hotrodders this is the ultimate award) was there a couple years ago. I think we should make this the September M & G and show up in force ! All Ohio and MI and IN members!

local Press release:
9-13-2009
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH IT'S THE 22ND ANNUAL PARK-N-SHINE AT GM POWERTRAIN - Toledo

The plan right now is the show must go on. Drive in 9-noon, show goes til 4. Dash plaques for the first 1500 cars. Food, refreshments, music. This has been the largest free car show in Ohio for years! They need volunteers to help out. Powertrain retirees, please call Bob at 478-3274. That's his home number, his barber's phone has been disconnected.....I think Bob's barber went out of business!

Last edited by KJWildman on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Great show and good times. Lots of very nice rides :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:15 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I like when everyone is leaving the area, pull out on the street and do big old burnouts, cops standing right there :wink:

I am ready to go again !!

Post subject: The Exit
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Stuff happens at the end of the day ! :lol:
notice the cop car just sitting there until the end. usually the cops are directing the cars out one at a time to allow for safety ...... and fun ! :lol: 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I_AQslf ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:48 pm 

Larry and I will be going , anyone else interested in going looking at cool cars/trucks/ jeeps and everything else in between?

Just a day to kick back and relax!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Larry and I will be going , anyone else interested in going looking at cool cars/trucks/ jeeps and everything else in between?

Yep my daughter and I plan on going but can't get there until about 12 or so.

Post subject: We'll watch for you
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Buggin, We ( Tom and I ) will be going in around 8:30 - 9:00 AM so should be in the first wave kinda towards the back. Watch for us, we'll watch for you, I think I'll put my Silver Lake Sand Dunes flag on just for kicks so you can look for that. :D

Post subject: Re: We'll watch for you
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

larryewaller wrote:
BugginKJ wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Buggin, We ( Tom and I ) will be going in around 8:30 - 9:00 AM so should be in the first wave kinda towards the back. Watch for us, we'll watch for you, I think I'll put my Silver Lake Sand Dunes flag on just for kicks so you can look for that. :D

See ya there :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 pm 

Want us to try and save you a spot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Want us to try and save you a spot?

No but thanks. I usually park down the road and walk in, less traffic to deal with and if I have to dash for a service call I can leave quicker if I have to. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 am 

Hey Larry....

see how he is,

doesn't want to park with us :wink:

j/k but look for us anyways, you have my number so call if you can't find us anywhere :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Hey Larry....

see how he is,

doesn't want to park with us :wink:

j/k but look for us anyways, you have my number so call if you can't find us anywhere :wink:

lol
My stock wouldn't look too good next to your guy's two rigs :shock:
Lookin forward to the show again this year and yes I figured if I couldn't find ya all I would call ya......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice to see Larry again and meet Tom 8) Nice rig Tom! Great day it was, plenty of sunshine and great rides everywhere! Did you guys see that guys custom quad that is licensed as a motorcycle? Bad to the bone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 pm 

BugginKJ wrote:
Nice to see Larry again and meet Tom 8) Nice rig Tom! Great day it was, plenty of sunshine and great rides everywhere! Did you guys see that guys custom quad that is licensed as a motorcycle? Bad to the bone!

Yes even got to sit on it, bad to the bone is right, rode a lot of bikes over the years but sitting behind those handle bars was like nothing else I had ever been on, but then for 175,000 bucks it should be :wink: