It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:54 pm 
LOST Member

I have been so said off road park. Having said that the enviorment there is a good one and for the small entrance fee you pay ($30 for driver and one rig, $5 for each guest OVER 15yrs old, $10 for primitive camping, $15 for camping with electric).

The only time you pay the $500 recovery fee is if you are so stuck that a dozer has to be brought in to get you out. And in the 6 weekends i have spent there i have only seen/heard of one place where this can happen. This is a miles long mud pit called Tank Trap. And as Tom and Ray stated if you break your rig beyond a trail repair and need to have it brought out of the trail to get to a trailer or to a better place to work would you rather tear up a trail dragging it or do the right thing and have it taken off the trail with minimal damage to the enviorment?

And the "Class" is done to basically cover property rules which we all agree are a good thing and for those that are new to off roading it covers basic recovery techniques. For those that have more time on the trails yes it will be boring but you have to do it ONCE a year. Class takes MAYBE 1.5 hours. The first time i was there i was a newbie to wheeling and found alot of the information helpful.

To each his own i will not force anyone in to going here but come out and give it a chance. Besides im sick of being one of the few KJs out there. Lets show these TJs, JKs, XJs, and ZJs what a KJ can do. First weekend in January. PM me if your interested i will answer any questions about it and if i dont have the answer i will get it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 am 
LOST Junkie

H0USE34 wrote:
Class takes MAYBE 1.5 hours.

Ed's exaggerating :)

The "Classroom" part took maybe 20 minutes (for me)... then we went out and were given a tour of the property... they were going easy on me as it was my first time out... but it was AWESOME!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:26 pm 
LOST Member

Donkeykong wrote:
H0USE34 wrote:
Class takes MAYBE 1.5 hours.

Ed's exaggerating :)

The "Classroom" part took maybe 20 minutes (for me)... then we went out and were given a tour of the property... they were going easy on me as it was my first time out... but it was AWESOME!!!

That's because Bob Crow wasn't there to do his recovery section. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:11 pm 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

I have had two people contact me saying that they were never told of a recovery fee... Can I ask how you were told about it?

PLEASE REMEMBER THE FEE STARTS AT $500!! There is no maximim! They will hold your vehicle hostage, quite illegally, unless you pay what ever they decide to charge!

House, are you affiliated with this place in any manner, if you don't mind my asking? You have posted to LOST 5 times to date, and 3 of them have been about this park, and you use terms like referring to the park as "here" which is a kind of unusual manner. Most people would say " people who go there" as opposed to "people who come here," for example. I was just curious.

DonkeyKong, would that be your picture on the front page of the website in question, or a different DonkeyKong? Again, I was just curious.

A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 am 
LOST Junkie

InCommando wrote:
PLEASE REMEMBER THE FEE STARTS AT $500!! There is no maximim! They will hold your vehicle hostage, quite illegally, unless you pay what ever they decide to charge!

DonkeyKong, would that be your picture on the front page of the website in question, or a different DonkeyKong? Again, I was just curious.

Yup, that is me :) That was my first time out there, and my son loved it :)

As far as them "holding your vehicle hostage"... if you set out down the rubicon trail and suffer the worst kind of stuck... will the land owners remove the vehicle for you?
It's not being held hostage, but unless you have a helicopter you're not likely to get it out without heavy equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:05 pm 

That is a great pic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:16 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

InCommando wrote:
That is a great pic.

now i have to go look! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:09 pm 
LOST Junkie

Here are a couple I took the weekend I was there....

Maybe Ed has a couple of me he would like to share :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

... and yeah, I was the only libby there that day... there was one on the saturday, and house broke his with a deer, so it was just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:57 am 
LOST Member

Yes...i will get the pics of the Libby going through backwoods up tonight... :) ive been lazy :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 am 
LOST Member

InCommando wrote:
I have had two people contact me saying that they were never told of a recovery fee... Can I ask how you were told about it?

House, are you affiliated with this place in any manner, if you don't mind my asking? You have posted to LOST 5 times to date, and 3 of them have been about this park, and you use terms like referring to the park as "here" which is a kind of unusual manner. Most people would say " people who go there" as opposed to "people who come here," for example. I was just curious.

I do go to Jeep Skool but i am not staff. Most of my activity on here is purely reading up on stuff for my KJ. I do however spend alot of time on jeep skool. com and have talked to Robocon personally. He is the kind of guy that as long as you show him respect he will give it in return. I like the way he runs the park and the morals he stands behind which are SAFE-LEGAL-FAMILY FUN. Robocon does everything he does for that park because he wants not only individuals but families to have a place to go that is safe and legal. I don't know how many of you have heard of places called Wellsville or Yankee Lake where there is drinking and wheeling, but at Jeep skool there is a zero tolerance policy.

The price for the recovery is only if the big equipment(dozer, backhoe, ect.) needs to be brought out to remove a rig from a trail. The $500 price is listed on the jeep skool forums along with all other pricing for camping, wheeling, and electric hook up. It is in place because Robocon does not own the equipment or the property. The guy that owns the property also owns the heavy equipment and is willing to let Robocon use it to get vehicles out of places where they are damaged beyond driving or so stuck that it cant be removed in a safe manor. In the 14 years that jeep skool has been around the $500 fee has come into play 3 times. And that information came straight from Robocon himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:30 am 
LOST Junkie

I'll have to +1 to all the nice stuff house said about robocon.

He made a point to make sure my son was happy throughout the day, and was very kind and friendly.

Yes, there was a BIG emphasis on the FAMILY part, the SAFE part, and the FUN part.

I do plan on throwing a lift under my libby.. my wife is on board because Milo (my son) had such a great time with wheeling that he wants to go back.

If you don't want to wheel at Jeep Skool then don't.

For anyone interested in wheeling without anything to prove, you can have fun for the entry fee alone. (and that is not meant to sound like a knock on the OP)

Now... is the rockfather 1 a good lift? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:00 am 

lots of other places to buy OME springs and places that actually support the Libertys plus have good customer service, RRO has none of those

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 pm 

I have to form my opinion of the manager based on the image he presents. As a business owner, he should know that. If he gets pissed at a person and acts like an idiot to make a point to that person, he is forgetting the hundreds or thousands who also see it. There are a gazillion posts where he has undermined everything good that is written about him. I agree he is entitled to give any impression he wants: just don't be shocked if people believe it.

I have the Rockfather 1. I have it because I bought it NIB from a member who sold their KJ, and I got a very good deal. I would not have dealt with RRO directly due to problems many people have had with them. The lift itself was easy to install and works well. It was infinitely better than the worn out stock suspension. But as Tom said, that is the OME part, not the RRO part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm 
LOST Member

InCommando wrote:
I have to form my opinion of the manager based on the image he presents. As a business owner, he should know that. If he gets pissed at a person and acts like an idiot to make a point to that person, he is forgetting the hundreds or thousands who also see it. There are a gazillion posts where he has undermined everything good that is written about him. I agree he is entitled to give any impression he wants: just don't be shocked if people believe it.

I totally agree with everyone having to form their own opinion and i have read many of the posts that Robocon has posted on other forums as well as the jeep skool forums and had i not met him before reading those posts i would have a similar opinion to yours. I cannot speak for Robocon as i do not know why he has made the posts but im sure if you send him a PM on jeep skool with respect he will answer any questions you may have with respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:46 pm 
LOST Member

a little late but here they are Mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 am 
LOST Junkie

LOL, thanks again to Parker for the pull :)

for anyone wondering I got high centered when I lost momentum while trying to keep up with the lifted wranglers going thru the backwoods trails... in my stock libby (with a skidplate courtesy of Pixeldzn (if he's still around on the forum))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:04 pm 
LOST Member

[quote="Donkeykong"]LOL, thanks again to Parker for the pull :)
quote]

You missed the Robo Ride later on in the day where Parker and his "unstickable" Rubicon got stuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 pm 

Do you have to do those mud holes? MUD was fun when I was 18 through 40 now not so much, much prefer rocks and anywhere that there is not a lot of mud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:10 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
Do you have to do those mud holes? MUD was fun when I was 18 through 40 now not so much, much prefer rocks and anywhere that there is not a lot of mud!

You dont have to do the muddy trails. There was actually just a mile and a half long rock crawl put in not to long ago that a buddy of mine did with me spotting him in his TJ no lift on 31" tires. Along with a bunch of different rock gardens through out the property. If you are interested in coming out and dont mind sitting through the class room portion i will be more than happy to show you around the property. If you are going to be driving from toledo i do believe there is a group of people that come out from that area that you could convoy out with. The next outting will be january 2nd(saturday) and 3rd(sunday).