It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Trobow's Lift ****W/ BEFORE AND AFTER PICS****
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:56 am 
LOST Member

It does remind of the Asscrackistan a lot.

So...quick reminder.....once I put the these all together, I tighten to specs while on the lift. Then after I put her back on the ground, check again that everything is to spec?

I wonder how much of a difference there is between the HD springs and the old 927 springs?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tighten the control arms with the vehicle on the ground.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:14 pm 
LOST Member

Put it all back together and it looks like I gained about 1/4 inch back in the front. So that puts me back to where i was about 5 years ago. I have HD springs, 9000XL's, 2 conduit nuts on each side......plus I still roll with the original "Boiler's" strut spacers in the front.
I do love my Jeep. People compliment it all the time. My wife hates it. My kids fight over which side they sit on in the back since one window I can't roll down. I have a small leak in thermostat housing. I have the dreaded small evap leak code. My rear window has to be slammed sometimes to get it to shut. I also have a small exhaust leak I can't find near the engine.

I have replaced the radiator 3 times in 5 years. I have replaced the rear UCA twice in that same time. I replaced the front JBA UCA BJ's once. And a few other misc. items.

But I still love this Liberty. The engines are solid if you take care of them. It handles well. When I buy my new truck, I plan on keeping it as a new project. Or should I say more of a project..... :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:15 pm 
LOST Member

Update on my BFG KM2's: Finally after close to 50k miles......one failed. They were in need of replacement anyways, well past end of life. I was trying to get through to March before purchasing new tires. I have 5. 1 was on the receiving end of a wrench through the sidewall 2 summers ago due to another driver. That one became the spare. So I was rotating all 4 regularly every 3k. Then yesterday on the way home, one of the lugs split. So now it is time to get new tires. I loved my KM2's except they were a little loud. So now I am putting BFG KO2's on the Lib.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 pm 
LOST Member

It breaks my heart, but not worth my marriage. :-)r

Olb BLue is up for sale......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9