Post subject: Empty Nesters?
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well my girl came home last night and said she's moving out. :cry:
( :BANANA: )
darn I'm gonna miss her! :cry:
( :pepper: )
She's only moving about 3 miles so we can still expect to see her quite a bit. :BANANA:
( :( )
As of June 1st Guess me and the wife are in the empty nester group now!!! :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA:

Post subject: Re: Empty Nesters?
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks, Never really charged her any rent or anything and at 22, we thought it was time. After all, she's working 40 hours as an STNA now :D . Strange......... We told her she was going to have to finally start paying a whole . . . . . wait for it . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $150 :shock: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . rent!!!!!! Three days later her and her boyfriend are going to get an apt. together with one of his friends! :shock: :ROTFL: I'm waiting till she finds out how good she had it! :twisted: Time to join the real world!!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

To be honest Larry that's what my parents did with me and I took them up on that offer until I was 24. I was able to pay alot against my student loans so when I got married I was in a better financial place than most of the people I graduated with. I thank my parents all the time for them letting me stay that long. On the plus side I didnt have to put with room mate drama like most of my friends did :D

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Welcome to the club :D

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can send ya a 20 year old son if ya are feeling lonely :jester:

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

's OK Hart! :-)r I think the wife and I will get used to it :roll: eventually. :ROTFL:

Woo Hoo!! :pepper:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Boy, if only she knew what I currently pay and my parents don't ask for rent either

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:42 pm 
LOST Addict

No rent here either. Said I didn't have to pay anything since I'm doing something useful, like going to school, but I have to get out of here. I'll move back in after I'm done with school to knock out some of those student loans!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:46 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Lot different these days than when I got out of high school in 72.
I graduated High School when I was 17 and moved out actually before that into my own place. Paid for College as I went, worked two jobs 60 hours a week etc and Street raced for money at night.
Last thing anyone gave me as far money was 50 bucks towards a vehicle to drive when I was 15
I started helping pay bills at home when I was 14 due to my Dad walking out two years before.

Most "young adults" have it way too easy anymore. Most do not respect what they have or how hard anyone else works for it so they can have a roof over their head or food in the fridge.
They want it all now! New cars, new clothes and all the latest toys! :pepper: :furious:

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:52 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
They want it all now! New cars, new clothes and all the latest toys! :pepper: :furious:

:ROTFL: :ROTFL:

You don't know how strange it was for me the other night to buy 6 new shirts... I think the last time I went shopping like that was 4 years ago,,,

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:37 pm 

So what color did you get Digger, something that sets off the color of your eyes? :-)r