It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep Skool day for LOST members
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:45 pm 
LOST Member

So some of you may have seen DonkeyKongs pictues in the KJ 4x4 section of the forums from a weekend at Jeep Skool. I also have heard of trying to get a M&G together down there and I have further details from a conversation with Kelly(Robocon).

In talking with Kelly this past weekend he is interested in hosting a LOST M&G. Get some new people out to the property to see what it has to offer as well as a chance to talk face to face with him. There are a few stipulations to us being able to have this M&G. First off we will need a minimum of 20 rigs who have not been out confirmed coming out, so as Donkeykong, Cameraflage, and myself have been out we do not count towards our 20 rigs. Second as the property where Jeep Skool is located is privatley owned land this is still a maybe on being able to use the property on an "off" weekend.

Now here we have a few options. First being attempting to get something together on an off weekend which would be the 3rd and 4th weekends of the month (Typically). Second being we attempt to plan for a Jeep Skool weekend which is the first full weekend of the month. If we have interested people but dont quite have the 20 rigs we would have to have it fall on the first weekend. Kelly and I did not discuss pricing for an off weekend but if we can get 20 for sure rigs to come out i will move that conversation further along. If we do a Jeep Skool weekend pricing is as follows as a direct copy and paste from a JeepSkool.com post from Kelly.

JeepSkool Fees
JeepSkool Sat/Sun pass .........................$30 per vehicle
Guest-..............................................$5 *Kids 15 and under-free*
Guest "Skool" .....................................$10.
Camping...........................................$10 per person/per day. *Kids 15 and under-free*
Electrical hook-up Saturday/Sun................$15.
Brown water disposal............................$10 per vehicle.
-Camping charges are set at $10 per person/per day. Yes, that is in addition to their paid 5 dollar guest fee.

Jeep Skool is fore most a Family friendly place to wheel so feel free to bring the kids. If anyone has any further questions please PM me, Post in here, or check out JeepSkool.com.

Pictures from this past weekends adventures are to follow as soon as Donkeykong gets his uploaded.

The property is also very stocker friendly so even if you dont have a lift and bigger tires you are more than welcome to come out and enjoy a lot of what the property has to offer.

Post subject: Re: Jeep Skool day for LOST members
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:32 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Sounds like you have a great plan.
I think it would be hard to actually get 20 to be there to wheel though.
May also post this in the Midwest section along with Pa.
We had around 20 at the Badlands run but that was pulling people in from 3 states and even Spain! :wink:
My time is limited this summer with a month in Tanzania but will do what ever I can to help promote or come if its the right time for me. My weekend over the 4th of July is already booked.

I would suggest having the first one on a regular wheeling weekend and see who shows up and then possibly plan a bigger one say in the fall on another weekend and try and get the twenty!
Just my :2cents:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

H0USE34 wrote:
Pictures from this past weekends adventures are to follow as soon as Donkeykong gets his uploaded.

On it :D

H0USE34 wrote:
The property is also very stocker friendly so even if you dont have a lift and bigger tires you are more than welcome to come out and enjoy a lot of what the property has to offer.

I'm only on a Daystar lift and 235-70/16's (stock sized), and have a blast. I still haven't run out of new obstacles and I've been coming here for 5 months now :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
Sounds like you have a great plan.
I think it would be hard to actually get 20 to be there to wheel though.
May also post this in the Midwest section along with Pa.
We had around 20 at the Badlands run but that was pulling people in from 3 states and even Spain! :wink:
My time is limited this summer with a month in Tanzania but will do what ever I can to help promote or come if its the right time for me. My weekend over the 4th of July is already booked.

I would suggest having the first one on a regular wheeling weekend and see who shows up and then possibly plan a bigger one say in the fall on another weekend and try and get the twenty!
Just my :2cents:

Posted in Midwest and Mid Atlantic with direct link to here.

I kind of figured getting 20 rigs together on one day would be tough so thats why I put in about the Jeep Skool weekends.

Sorry Mudd but since your July 4th is booked you are going to miss what Robocon has planned for the 4th. Last year he lit up 3 XJs with heavy machine guns (50 caliber). The year before was one XJ. Both Videos can be found on YouTube. I hear this years celebration will be just as exciting if not more without exploding Jeeps.

Robocon wrote:
Fireworks are for sissies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Im not sure about paying for "POOP" disposal !!! :? And M&G are usually not a $80.00 ordeal !! But, how much Land does Kelly have to wheel in ? I think if he want's to have some NEW coustomer's in the form of Jeep club's, a serious discount is in order, or maby a "FREE DAY" pass for club member's would be a little more in the "FAMILY FRIENDLY" arena. Giving people a taste can only help in maintaing a steady coust. basis !! :wink:

14 STI Wagon
75 Cutlass "S"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:21 pm 
LOST Member

1996xj wrote:
Im not sure about paying for "POOP" disposal !!! :? And M&G are usually not a $80.00 ordeal !! But, how much Land does Kelly have to wheel in ? I think if he want's to have some NEW coustomer's in the form of Jeep club's, a serious discount is in order, or maby a "FREE DAY" pass for club member's would be a little more in the "FAMILY FRIENDLY" arena. Giving people a taste can only help in maintaing a steady coust. basis !! :wink:

There is roughly 1500 acres of property. Not all of it has a trail system running through it but I will promise you that there is NO WAY even wheeling alone and at a fast pace will you see it all in one day. If there is a particular type of terrain you are looking for it is there at Jeep Skool. Rocks, sand dunes, a mud pit, trails through the woods(mostly mud), there is a new obstacle course, some decent hill climbs.

The "Poop" disposal is for those with RVs wishing to dump before they leave but we have a bath house right in the camp grounds with full bathroom facilities.

I cannot promise a discount or "free day" but it never hurts to ask. I have already sent Kelly a link to this topic but I will shoot him a PM on Jeep Skool. But, to avoid sending him several PMs keep the questions coming and I will bulk them together.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

House34, 1500 acre's does sound inviting !!

Not to get off topic, Im looking at getting set of Grabber AT2, for my KJ for daily driving and family trip's. What do think ? how do you like them ?

14 STI Wagon
75 Cutlass "S"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:39 pm 
LOST Member

1996xj wrote:

Not to get off topic, Im looking at getting set of Grabber AT2, for my KJ for daily driving and family trip's. What do think ? how do you like them ?

Love my Grabber AT2s!! In fact Donkeykong runs the same tires. They are great on the road in all weather conditions. They have the sipeing so even in the snow or rain they just grip the road. Mud is another story. They do good but are no MT. My plan is to get a second set of rims for some MTs for wheeling only and keep the Grabbers as DD tires.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

H0USE34 wrote:
1996xj wrote:

Love my Grabber AT2s!! In fact Donkeykong runs the same tires. They are great on the road in all weather conditions. They have the sipeing so even in the snow or rain they just grip the road. Mud is another story. They do good but are no MT. My plan is to get a second set of rims for some MTs for wheeling only and keep the Grabbers as DD tires.

I don't care for mud that much any more... but I will speak for the grabbers:

I'm on my second set.. they have lasted longer than my good-for-a-years which I received with my vehicle (with 10K miles on it)... at about 40K miles I swapped out to the grabbers, and noted they were a bit noisier than stock rubber, but they lasted 50K miles... around 90K I got new grabbers.... and now I am at 130K and still wheeling them... they will certainly last me thru the summer, but I do like to have "fresh" tires for the snow (which I think the grabbers are great in!!!!!)

BTW: how do you figure $80? (I know you can get there... but now sure how you had done the math :) )
The $30 is for the weekend... not each day :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:26 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm in. So's Linda.

We take our mostly-stock '06 Liberty to Jeepskool and have a blast there. We have Mopar skids, recovery hooks and 245-70R16 General Grabber AT2s (which seems to be the "Official Tire of Jeepskool Liberties"), but we have these height inadequacy issues since we don't have a lift (yet.) We mostly manage to keep up with House34 and Donkeykong, but we also know our limits.

The property is huge. It's an old quarry in a formation of Sharon Conglomerate. There are sandy areas, rocky areas, muddy areas back in the woods, and water (a flooded trail with a rock base). There are also staff people to help you out if you get stuck (insert standard comment about the $500 Caterpillar Recovery Fee here....if you get mired so deep that a freaking excavator needs to haul you out, you deserve to be relieved of some cash for the effort.)

No drinkin', no spittin', no fightin', no dirty words on the radio. Pretty simple rules. (Actually, I believe spitting is permitted...but be discreet.)

It would be highly amusing to see the place crawling with Liberties.

Oh, and Grabbers are great. Our 245's rub just a little...no biggie. They're a little louder than the SRA's that came with it, and we lost a bit of mileage, but that's the tradeoff for traction. Great in the snow (and if a guy from Chardon and Burton tell you they're good in snow, believe them!). We drove out west with them last year and did well on Moab slickrock, Colorado granite and Iowa asphalt.

Respect the Liberty!
'06 Liberty Sport
Mopar skids and hooks
Frankenlift II and Jeepin by Al's UCAs
Rock Lizard Skink Sliders
245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Smittybilt XRC-8 winch on a Detours Backbone
OEM grocery hooks