It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rookie from Cbus
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys, new here, just saying hi! My name is AJ, just bought a 05 Renegade in Silver, and I'm loving it. I've been building race cars for about 10years now, just needed a change! I plan to make this my winter destroyer, so any help on the right parts to choose would be great. Thanks again!!

AJ

Hitch + Recovery Shackle
Boilers Gas Tank Skid
Clarion NZ409 In-dash Sat-Navigation

Post subject: Re: Rookie from Cbus
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Welcome, we have a few members in Columbus.. Voodoo, Meduncan are the two that pops to mind. Meduncan has a really nice trail ready/DD rig, he maybe able to help ya out.
If you want to lift, get OME front rear HD springs, new shocks, bumpstops, and some either 245/75 or 265/70's and you will be set. We have met and greets from time to time, some are just hanging out, some are working/lift parties along with the occassional weekend trail rides. Feel free to join in.
Any pics of the cars you've built?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:37 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Welcome to LOST and LOST OHIO!
I'm in C-bus every couple of weeks for meetings down town, also pass through there every 2 or 3 weeks heading to Marietta area ( down home)
So if you see the wildest :lol: /tallest black KJ you have ever seen ...it's just me passing through. :ROTFL:

We have a M&G down in the Dayton are this Saturday should try and make it, then you'll see up close what can be done with a KJ!
Again Welcome and sorry you had to meet Tahoe first! :pepper:
Tom
aka Rev. Mudd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:24 pm 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Well, if Tahoe didn't scare him away...lol

A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:34 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

we have been scaring a lot away lately :roll:

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:15 pm 
LOST Addict

Quote:
Again Welcome and sorry you had to meet Tahoe first!

Quote:
Well, if Tahoe didn't scare him away

What the ...???? I guess since I'm odd man out and you're all jealous of the 'Hoe, you need someone to pick on.... :goink: :goink: :jester: :mrgreen:

If ya need lift advice, listen to Tom...seriously. ( did I just say that :dizzy: )

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

05renny wrote:
Hey guys, new here, just saying hi! My name is AJ, just bought a 05 Renegade in Silver, and I'm loving it. I've been building race cars for about 10years now, just needed a change! I plan to make this my winter destroyer, so any help on the right parts to choose would be great. Thanks again!!

AJ

Welcome AJ. Glad to have another Columbus person on the board. If you ever need some local help with your KJ I'm more than happy to lend a hand.

**Prior Jeeps**
Wranglers 1989, 1998, 2005
Liberty 2003 & 2004 Renegade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Welcome to The Forum.

Whereabouts in C-bus are you?
If you ever need any help I'm just up the road In pickerington.

Like Tom said tomorrow we have a meet and greet in dayton, you should try and go, we can probably teach you a few tricks while we're at it.

Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
RED LED Overheads and Footwells
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Nokya Hi-Watt headlight bulbs
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack

Soon:More Lights, ARB/Winch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:46 pm 

VoodooMann wrote:
Welcome to The Forum.

Like Tom said tomorrow we have a meet and greet in dayton, you should try and go, we can probably teach you a few tricks while we're at it.

And what kind of tricks do you know big boy???? :goink: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:dizzy:

If you have to ask...

you can't afford to find out... :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :SOMBRERO:

Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:29 am 
LOST Newbie

VoodooMann wrote:
Welcome to The Forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I'm located in Westerville, I'm sure you know the whereabouts. Super cool that there are guys close that can help, I was worried I was going to have to go at this alone until I found this place!

I'm an avid snowboarder, and as you all know, snowboarding here SUCKS. This year I'm DETERMINED to take as many trips as possible out of the state, in order to follow the snow! So, obviously I'm not trying to build a truck to drive through the storm of the century, but to have confidence to know that I can have the best chance possible to get myself out of a sticky situation, have great creature comforts, and have a BLAST doing so ;) .
SO. My *shaky* gameplan for the Jeep is as follows:

Suspension:
Some Sort of Lift 2.5" lift kit. A user is selling his OME HD setup, and after doing some research, seems to be a good choice, there might be about two extra passengers and their board setups and luggage etc.
JBA 4.5's (or wait until the 5.5's come out)

Wheels:
Rubicons
Tires:
?

Lighting:
Would love to get the stock 4 light setup (i'm a fan of the clean-li-ness oem look) with some kind of different bulb (if possible) to light up during the snow.
Stock Fog Lamps

That's about all I've got. And determination. I can't wait to get nasty with this thing. I was so bummed that I gave up my import game, sold everything I had and put a lofty down payment on this thing. I was SO excited to be able to get into another for of motorsports, and STILL be able to drive to work with the ac on, and take my girl out in :) , and not smell like race gas.

So, what else?

Hitch + Recovery Shackle
Boilers Gas Tank Skid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You can get some Ideas At The M&G tomorrow

If you want to come I can PM you the Address/Time/etc.

Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:12 am 

05renny wrote:
VoodooMann wrote:
Welcome to The Forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I'm located in Westerville, I'm sure you know the whereabouts. Super cool that there are guys close that can help, I was worried I was going to have to go at this alone until I found this place!

I'm an avid snowboarder, and as you all know, snowboarding here SUCKS. This year I'm DETERMINED to take as many trips as possible out of the state, in order to follow the snow! So, obviously I'm not trying to build a truck to drive through the storm of the century, but to have confidence to know that I can have the best chance possible to get myself out of a sticky situation, have great creature comforts, and have a BLAST doing so ;) .
SO. My *shaky* gameplan for the Jeep is as follows:

Suspension:
Some Sort of Lift 2.5" lift kit. A user is selling his OME HD setup, and after doing some research, seems to be a good choice, there might be about two extra passengers and their board setups and luggage etc.
JBA 4.5's (or wait until the 5.5's come out)

OME is the best setup and used to be Rancho RSX shocks all around, they are no longer available so Bilsteins do a great job. Be careful on what you buy some are not exactly what you need. 5.5 arms ?????? 4.5s work trust me we have been through the 5's and went back to 4.5s no need to wait
Wheels:
Rubicons
Tires:
?
Rubicons look good thats what I have but don't get caught up in the I have to have those and pay a ton of money for them like I have seen some do. They can be found very reasonable

Lighting:
Would love to get the stock 4 light setup (i'm a fan of the clean-li-ness oem look) with some kind of different bulb (if possible) to light up during the snow.
Stock Fog Lamps
Lights on top of a vehicle suck in snow, for snow you want a fog light mounted down as low as possible. Most people who have lights on top only use them 1% of the time anyways, mainly for looks is all

That's about all I've got. And determination. I can't wait to get nasty with this thing. I was so bummed that I gave up my import game, sold everything I had and put a lofty down payment on this thing. I was SO excited to be able to get into another for of motorsports, and STILL be able to drive to work with the ac on, and take my girl out in :) , and not smell like race gas.

So, what else?

Several things you need, tow hooks, skids are the first things to consider if you don't have them

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:42 am 
LOST Addict

Westerville???? I lived there for 4 yrs while I went to the Otterbein, nice town. Still have friends who decided to live there, he is a police officer, she is an optometrist.
These guys can direct you in the right direction.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:54 am 
LOST Newbie

How was the meet guys, sorry I couldn't attend, my profession doesn't allow for much free time. First small problem-- Threw a check engine light, had the code pulled--- O2 sensor. Question-- I don't know too much the electrical systems, will this affect gas milage? I have my vacation this Saturday, going to Ocean Isle, NC with the girl and my fam so I definately don't want it trashing my milage. Today steam cleaned the interior of the jee

First Mod: Clarion NZ409 In-Dash Navigation/DVD Player/etc.

Review: Sweet. So far the turn-by-turn navi works great, should help me get to the slopes through nasty weather. Display does have issues in direct sunlight, but its an LCD screen, what are ya gonna do.

Next Up: Lift Kit/ Wheels tires.

Anyone have any good reviews for a high performing winter tire that is good on highway use too?

Still trying to find pics of my last cars.

AJ

Hitch + Recovery Shackle
Boilers Gas Tank Skid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 am 

The sensor is easy to swap out and yes you want to do it before you leave.
Which code did it throw, that will tell you which one it is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Made it to sunny North Carolina in the first trip with Renee (get it?). Hit 388 in first tank and filled as soon as light came on, so I'm sure there was another 25 or so miles on it. So, with a, what is it, 20gallon tank? So, est. 20mpg through huge mountains ain't too bad. Couple questions/issues, or things I've noticed while getting acquainted with my baby with a 12hour drive:

1. When I *FIRST* start the jeep (hot or cold), I hear weird "valvetrain-like" chattering coming from passenger side, not associated with engine speed. Could need passenger side valves adjusted, not knocking.

2. I can *feel* a very faint.....eh.... clunking? Coming from around the front cabin/floor area. I can grip the shifter kinda tight, put my foot on the gas a little, and can "sense" the clunk, even though it's not very apparent at all-- but when you have been around ragged edge race cars all your career, you learn to how to "feel" your car. Could be a joint issue with the drive shaft, or front diff issues, not a big enough problem to be able to diagnose yet.

3. Declines. Through the hills of w. VA or VA. I'm not sure if its just my first heavier vehicle or what not, but on 95% of the steep grades, I had to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep speed. Makes me think brakes or something, but gas milage is still up so who knows.

4. Clarion GPS navi--- IS THE doo doo. No problems, what so ever, took me the correct route, if I made a wrong turn in a city, it would correct, find food, the works. I recommend it to any libby owner, they are on sale at Crutchfield for under 500 w/ the install kit-- and looks SOOO much hotter than the oem version, and you get a dvd player :)

Thats about it guys, gonna go have some fun on the beach-- and try to go find some scenic shots to take the renny.

AJ

Hitch + Recovery Shackle
Boilers Gas Tank Skid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Coasting is a common complaint for stock liberties...

a K&N/Amsoil drop-in filter and a free flowing aftermarket muffler will make it coast like it is in neutral.

Franken/Jacked
265/75 Duratracs
Skid Row Skids
Custom TJ Bumper
4x 100w Hellas on rack
Blacked Stockers
Thrush Welded muffler
K&N Filter
Custom Boiler Rack