It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8/28 @ KJWildman's
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm not starting an official meet and greet, but ....... Everybody is welcome to come on over and watch and help ( preferably help ) BugginKJ, maybe Evil Libby, maybe Tommudd and I begin the motor location on the KJ. The motor is going back together this week and we should be hoisting it in to place and beginning to weld on motor mounts and come up with trans mounts on Saturday. It may have to go in and out a couple times to get everything tacked then welded. There is still some teardown to do on the rest of the Jeep tho' so lots for everybody to do. You can say "I helped build that bada## KJ!" 8) . The fuel tank has to be pulled and modified for a new sending unit and the dash has to come apart for the new cluster and gauges along with the wiring.

Before you commit you need to know that parking is at a premium on my street. Fairly narrow street with parking on only one side and I share a driveway with the next door neighbor so we can't block that. About 100yds down the street is plenty of parking at ... Willys Park ( where else? ) right around the corner from Jeep Parkway where the old Jeep plant was. You may have to park down there and walk back up here. (Hart said maybe we can run a shuttle Jeep! :ROTFL: )

My wife's Sorority sets up a Bratwurst tent at one of the festivals here every year and sells Bratwurst to raise money for charity causes. Thiss year there was a poor turnout. Bad for them ........ Good for us !!! I've got four bags of 25 Bratwurst each in my freezer! I think I can say .... I'll provide the brats!

Anyway, that's my plan, Hart and I are workin' on the Jeep! Come, don't come, whatever, I just thought I'd throw the offer out there since I know the two of us can't eat 100 Brats!!!! But if you want brats and beer your hands have to have turned a wrench or screwdriver on something on my Jeep. :BANANA:

PM me or just start a list here if you're coming, I'll make sure I get everybody an address that's coming. I'll need to know how many brats to pull out of the freezer a day or so ahead of time.

Last edited by KJWildman on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 8/28 @ KJWildman's
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Unofficial List

1. ME! KJWildman
2. BugginKJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Uhmmmmmmm what are we doing for a welder? Are we going to clamp things together and run them over to the shop for welding? My mobile welder is on the service truck that rolls with my tech. so I can't bring that :( Or is Daddy buying me a new present :jester: ?
ORRRRRRRRRRRR are we getting things set into place, securing them and then dragging your entire rig over to the shop for welding :shock: ?
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :ROTFL: are ya welding it up yourself ? :jester: Fill me in brotha just a lil lost over in isle 3..............
:ROTFL:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
Uhmmmmmmm what are we doing for a welder? Are we going to clamp things together and run them over to the shop for welding? My mobile welder is on the service truck that rolls with my tech. so I can't bring that :( Or is Daddy buying me a new present :jester: ?
ORRRRRRRRRRRR are we getting things set into place, securing them and then dragging your entire rig over to the shop for welding :shock: ?
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :ROTFL: are ya welding it up yourself ? :jester: Fill me in brotha just a lil lost over in isle 3..............
:ROTFL:

Details, Details, Details ... haven't ya ever heard of "wingin' it" ? :ROTFL: My neighbor a couple doors down has a welder we can wheel down, I'll fire up the 6k house backup generator in the garage and we're in business! (I'm an electrician so I don't have 240 out there :ROTFL: ) ORRRRRRRRRRRR ...... we can clamp it up real good, then pull the whole cradle and take it down to his house, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...... we can clamp it up and push the whole Jeep down there, orrrrrrrr ....... If I had a small 3x5 trailer, I can borrow a MIG from work for the weekend, orrrrrrrrrrrrr ...... wellllll, I guess that's the choices! :frankie:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR we could get a fresh 12 pack and talk about it some more later :ROTFL: :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

funds permitting i might try and drive up if anyone in the dayton crew goes could a hich a ride

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:08 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm 

I maybe able to come by for a while but I have a young lady to pick up at the Detroit Airport in the afternoon.
Yes my wife knows about her and totally trusts me :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 pm 
LOST Addict

I would consider coming, but you would want me to work on the Jeep... YUCK, and even worse, you may ask me to touch.... the horror.... Ford parts ( don't ya hate that vomit taste in the back of throat)... HAHAHAHA :jester: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Wifey actually has plans for me anyway :banghead:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tom, no problem. Come by for however long you want. If you stop by ..... great, I'll see you then. Maybe I can ride along with you and Hart will have everything all installed for me when I get back! :-)r
Tahoe, don't need you gettin sick. Wouldn't want to force you into anything that might cause an allergic reaction or anything! :goink: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 am 

Just save my parking spot in the front yard ! :-)r

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KJWildman wrote:
Tom, no problem. Come by for however long you want. If you stop by ..... great, I'll see you then. Maybe I can ride along with you and Hart will have everything all installed for me when I get back! :-)r
Tahoe, don't need you gettin sick. Wouldn't want to force you into anything that might cause an allergic reaction or anything! :goink: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

:ROTFL: No problem, just be sure to have someone roll a brat or two and a beer under there every now and again :jester:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
KJWildman wrote:

:ROTFL: No problem, just be sure to have someone roll a brat or two and a beer under there every now and again :jester:

Coronas OK? :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well .... looks like Mason (EvilLibby) will be outa town and Tommudd has to go to Detroit so it's just gonna be Hart (BugginKJ) and I with a case of Coronas and 100 Brats!! :shock: Hope you've got an appetite on Saturday Hart! :ROTFL: I'm sure we'll work up a thirst! :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:19 am 

Just to be nice I'll at least stop by and eat and drink some.........
ya know just to give you moral support and all
if she would of been able to fly back with me this would of worked out great! :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:33 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey Evry1 this is larrys copilot here yupp his nephew that he failed to mention that is helping him lol but anyways brats sounds good I'll bring the music