It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Future Jeep Trips??? (Jeep Jamboree and Jeep Festival)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have found some Jeep events that I am probably going on and I want to try to do all of them! :D
So there are a few Jeep Jamborees I found I could possibly do and an event similar to Camp Jeep called Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival. Here's the list of events I'm going to attend (HOPEFULLY). I thought I'd share them with you all and see if any of you could go as well.

Jeep Jamboree
http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/2011-schedule.cfm

7th Tennessee Mountains SPECIAL 3-DAY EVENT!
April 13-16
Oak Ridge, Tennessee

14th Land Between The Lakes
May 5-7
Marshall County, Kentucky

2nd Badlands
June 2-4
Attica, Indiana

18th Gateway to the Cumberlands
Oct. 20-22
Williamsburg, Kentucky

Bantam Jeep Festival
Aug. 12-14
Butler, PA
Guinness (not the beer :ROTFL: ) The world record people, will be there to judge if this will be the largest Jeep Parade. The first 500 paid registered Jeeps will receive a commemorative dash plaque to put in their Jeep. :mrgreen:
http://www.bantamjeepfestival.com/
The topic on Jeep's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=7037526514&topic=14315

I am definitely going to the Jeep Jamborees in Kentucky and probably going to the Bantam Jeep Festival. Just letting you all know and giving you ideas on future club get together???
That's my :2cents: Now it's just a waiting game :POPCORN: :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Re: Future Jeep Trips??? (Jeep Jamboree and Jeep Festival)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

they do some cool stuff but way over priced :2cents:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Money is not an issue for me. Regardless, I'm still going wither any of the LOST Ohio people go or not and price won't stop me. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

teckman02 wrote:
they do some cool stuff but way over priced :2cents:

Checked into these last year, but $300 - $400 per person registration plus food plus fuel plus whatever else ends up like $600 - $800 for a weekend of wheeling? Nice maybe once, but can't do more than that in one summer! I can run up to Bundy Hill for a day of fun wheeling for $20!

I'm happy that money is not an issue for you! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Haha, I'd say that I was going to try attend all of them. But I am definately going to the ones in my home state!!! :BANANA:

You still up for making a set of fender flares for me? :wink:
I hope you're going to be at the M&G so I can get an up-close look at them. Do you have the rear flares on yet?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
Haha, I'd say that I was going to try attend all of them. But I am definately going to the ones in my home state!!! :BANANA:

I hope you're going to be at the M&G so I can get an up-close look at them. Do you have the rear flares on yet?

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: the onlt way that you are going to get a good look at them is if you go to toledo to see them, or if tom comes down and tows larry behind him

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i forgot about him living in Toledo!!! :banghead:

Toledo is a 6hr drive for me :?
Not counting traffic jams, (possible) bad weather...LOL

Well pics will have to do then!!! :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

teckman02 wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: the onlt way that you are going to get a good look at them is if you go to toledo to see them, or if tom comes down and tows larry behind him

He can't even do that now! :-)r It's on jackstands with the motor not in yet and now I have the front suspension torn down too! :ROTFL: So, I probably won't be working on fenders for a while yet. Life has kind of gotten in the way right now!
If I am able to make the M&G it will be in the wife's Dodge Charger!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dodge Charger sounds better :-)r

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:43 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

or a lift in toms jeep :D

and jeep jamboree is a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:51 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

STINGN wrote:

or a lift in toms jeep :shock: :shock: say what??? He said after the last trip across town he would never get in mine again. Something about too much power or ????? :roll:

jeep jamboree is a RIP OFF
always been my thoughts as well
would much rather spend my time and money with a small group of friends at The Badlands or somewhere like that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:01 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

tommudd wrote:
STINGN wrote:

jeep jamboree is a RIP OFF
always been my thoughts as well
would much rather spend my time and money with a small group of friends at The Badlands or somewhere like that

from IL to badlands, spending 2 nights and driving back (plus food and drinks) cost me at least $180-220 at most! The only organized off road group I did was through the Land Rover dealership back in 07', the more people that signed up the cheaper (off roading in Lake Genevia, Wi) about 30 or so people signed up, so the total was dropped from around $10 a truck to $30 a truck. More worth it

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

way to crash my dreams....NOT!!!

it doesn't matter what you all say. you can preach to me about how expensive and worthless a jeep jamboree is til you're blue in the face...
i'm going to have fun and nothing anyone says on here will stop me from doing it. i have one question, have you all even been to a Jeep Jamboree? if you have not been to one and experienced it, then what gives you the right to say it's horrible?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:46 am 
LOST Addict

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
way to crash my dreams....NOT!!!

it doesn't matter what you all say. you can preach to me about how expensive and worthless a jeep jamboree is til you're blue in the face...
i'm going to have fun and nothing anyone says on here will stop me from doing it. i have one question, have you all even been to a Jeep Jamboree? if you have not been to one and experienced it, then what gives you the right to say it's horrible?

Don't let them get under your skin Sarah, if you go, I hope you enjoy yourself, I have always wanted to go, but $$$ and life have gotten in the way :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 am 

Yes I've been there, done that, got the window flags,........... but no T shirt :ROTFL:
EX girlfriend bought the tickets for me for one of them thinking she was doing me a huge favor and that I would enjoy it. :banghead:
Second one I won free tickets to
One was in the Santa Ynez Mountains area in Cali and the other one in the Poconos
Its good for newbies or to watch newbies :ROTFL:
and everyone has to learn the correct way sooner or later so its all good :JEEPIN:

But go have fun and enjoy yourself
that's the main thing about getting out and doing anything with your Jeep,
be it wheeling, driving it to the mall, putting it in a car show or meeting up with a group of friends.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ehhh...in one ear out the other.

no back on to the subject of future Jeep trips. would anyone be interested in going to Dirty Turtle on Dec.18-19?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:58 pm 
LOST Addict

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
... would anyone be interested in going to Dirty Turtle on Dec.18-19?

I posted on the other thread.....Ohio has a meet and greet on the 19th, you aren't get alot of people to do both on same weekend and it's so close to Christmas, people have a lot of parties/family stuff to go to. I would love to, but too much going on that weekend myself, I can't make either events.

Also, in March sometime is most likely the Scenic Road Rallies "angela's revenge" road rally/scavenger hunt. Of the 4x4 rallies I've been on, this was the best so far. Starts in Madison Indiana and is about a 60 miles trip of back roads, unpaved roads/creeks. SRR don't have any of he 2011 rallies posted yet on website for some reason.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:15 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

im not saying the jeep jamboree is bad. I am just stating it is too expensive and i would rather pay less than $100 to offroad (to offroad, money, food and camping) than $400+. Also, you can bring friends cheaper and have other people bring their 4x4 stuff and the experience is better IMO doing that. Maybe next year we will do the badlands run again that we did with/for Tony last year :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TAHOE wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:
... would anyone be interested in going to Dirty Turtle on Dec.18-19?

I posted on the other thread.....Ohio has a meet and greet on the 19th, you aren't get alot of people to do both on same weekend and it's so close to Christmas, people have a lot of parties/family stuff to go to. I would love to, but too much going on that weekend myself, I can't make either events.

Also, in March sometime is most likely the Scenic Road Rallies "angela's revenge" road rally/scavenger hunt. Of the 4x4 rallies I've been on, this was the best so far. Starts in Madison Indiana and is about a 60 miles trip of back roads, unpaved roads/creeks. SRR don't have any of he 2011 rallies posted yet on website for some reason.

Sorry I forgot. I would be up for the Scenic Road Rallies event...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

STINGN wrote:
im not saying the jeep jamboree is bad. I am just stating it is too expensive and i would rather pay less than $100 to offroad (to offroad, money, food and camping) than $400+. Also, you can bring friends cheaper and have other people bring their 4x4 stuff and the experience is better IMO doing that. Maybe next year we will do the badlands run again that we did with/for Tony last year :D

Badlands is 6hrs a way from me. So either way if I go on any off road adventure i'll be paying out the but for gas, lodging and food lol. but it's all for fun so it doesn't matter.