It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: March 5 M&G
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 pm 
LOST Member

my manual states 75w-140 for front and for the rear either 75w-90(regular duty) or 75w-140(for towing)

Flame Red, 3.7L V6, 42RLE, Command Trac, Mopar Fog Kit, Front Tow Hooks, Mopar Hitch, Mopar Skids, Renegade Rims, Firestone Destination AT's, Pre-lowered Springs, EVIC install, Cobra Ultra 18 Weather band CB Radio.

Last edited by RedKJ04 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks guys...I'm going the Non-synthetic route.

I'll see everyone Saturday! :mrgreen: :BANANA:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 pm 
LOST Member

blackwidowkj06 wrote:

Pretty sure the 75W-140 is synthetic

Flame Red, 3.7L V6, 42RLE, Command Trac, Mopar Fog Kit, Front Tow Hooks, Mopar Hitch, Mopar Skids, Renegade Rims, Firestone Destination AT's, Pre-lowered Springs, EVIC install, Cobra Ultra 18 Weather band CB Radio.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:35 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

blackwidowkj06 wrote:

regular ( non synthetic ) will work just fine
I have been using it with no problems at all

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The total mileage for my trip is roughly 562 miles. That is from my house to florence,ky (fri. night) and then to the M&G (sat.) then back home. Not including possibly driving somewhere to go get dinner Friday night. Budget for the trip is $220 (roughly) It will be well worth it though!!!! :BANANA: :BANANA: I'll start to get ancy more towards Sat. :-)r

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:50 am 
LOST Newbie

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
Matt said he was getting a deli tray from somewhere. But I'll bring something though! (cause I honestly do not like deli trays :x )

I'll bring some drinks and something to eat...
Please tell me they sell Cherry Pepsi up there!!!

If needed I could bring some Lays potato chips. They're only made in Michigan. Or even some Faygo pop/soda. Also made in Michigan. Just let me know. Me, I'll be drinking Pepsi. :pepper:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Maxxis wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:
Matt said he was getting a deli tray from somewhere. But I'll bring something though! (cause I honestly do not like deli trays :x )

If needed I could bring some Lays potato chips. They're only made in Michigan. Or even some Faygo pop/soda. Also made in Michigan. Just let me know. Me, I'll be drinking Pepsi. :pepper:

We have lays potato chips here and faygo pop :goink: but I do not consume either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:58 pm 
LOST Member

I'm thinking if I can get some free time between now and then I will bring some cookies and or some other kind of dessert type item. School and work are gonna kick my butt this week so the weekend is going to be very needed :SOMBRERO:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bought 4quarts of Castrol Synthetic gear oil 75W-90 and gasket sealer...I hope that's all I need for the F/R diffs :?
O'Relley's didn't have the Valvoline non-synthetic gear oil I wanted :furious: What orginally was suppost to cost $30 ended up being little over $50 :dizzy:

5 days to go til Mayhem!!! :pepper:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wow, this thread really sparked to life while I was out of town. Cool. :BANANA:

To answer someone's question from earlier, yes this is still a go and I'm looking forward to seeing you all here this coming weekend. If you did not receive my address and contact info just PM me and I'll shoot it over to you. In the meantime I will get the garage all organized so it doesn't look like a tornado went through a Jeep parts store.

**Prior Jeeps**
Wranglers 1989, 1998, 2005
Liberty 2003 & 2004 Renegade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
Bought 4quarts of Castrol Synthetic gear oil 75W-90 and gasket sealer...I hope that's all I need for the F/R diffs :?
O'Relley's didn't have the Valvoline non-synthetic gear oil I wanted :furious: What orginally was suppost to cost $30 ended up being little over $50 :dizzy:

You only need the gasket sealer on the rear. The front diff keeps the cover on and you use the drain and fill plugs to do the dirty work. I have gasket sealer for the rear so you can even return that if you want to save a couple bucks. Additionally I have some 75-140 for your KJ's rear diff so you don't need to buy any of that either.

**Prior Jeeps**
Wranglers 1989, 1998, 2005
Liberty 2003 & 2004 Renegade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

meduncan wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:

You only need the gasket sealer on the rear. The front diff keeps the cover on and you use the drain and fill plugs to do the dirty work. I have gasket sealer for the rear so you can even return that if you want to save a couple bucks. Additionally I have some 75-140 for your KJ's rear diff so you don't need to buy any of that either.

Okay so tomorrow morning, I'll return the gasket sealer (since you have some) and 2 qrts of the 75w-90 (since you have 75-140 for the rear diff). Thanks! You just help me save $25!!! :pepper:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:31 am 
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!

Looks like Rain up here for the 5th...... :| Well 4th,5th,& 6th all look like rain...... :roll: \

3.5" R.E Superflex Lift, R.E Quick Disconnects, R.E Rear Driveshaft, SYE, OME Steering Stabilizer, ARB Diff Covers, JW Speaker Black Heated Headlights, Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels, 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's, 15 lb Powertank

2003 KJ Sport (BLACK) 230,000+Miles (Decommissioned)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:03 am 
LOST Member

03CDKJ wrote:
Looks like Rain up here for the 5th...... :| Well 4th,5th,& 6th all look like rain...... :roll: \

Yeah looking about the same down here... :? if this keeps up I'm going to start looking into a snorkel :shock: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RedKJ04 wrote:
03CDKJ wrote:

Yeah looking about the same down here... :? if this keeps up I'm going to start looking into a snorkel :shock: :mrgreen:

Snorkle might not even help in some places. I'm thinking that some kind of inflatable boat mod might be in order if the rain keeps up. Perhaps a tank of helium with a blimp stowed in the roof rack might be good for emergencies.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:04 pm 
LOST Member

Megalos wrote:
RedKJ04 wrote:
03CDKJ wrote:

Snorkle might not even help in some places. I'm thinking that some kind of inflatable boat mod might be in order if the rain keeps up. Perhaps a tank of helium with a blimp stowed in the roof rack might be good for emergencies.

Good point and two very good ideas!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
Maxxis wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:

We have lays potato chips here and faygo pop :goink: but I do not consume either.

Ok instead of lays I meant better made potato chips.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 pm 

Thinking about the PM I received late last night regarding me attending the M&G.
Life is way too short

So hate to miss it, but I think I'm just going to go spend the whole weekend with my Moms side of the family ( my original plan for the weekend, made back in December)

Everyone have a great time, :BANANA: :pepper: :BANANA: :pepper: :JEEPIN:
and don't let blackwidow give ya too much of a hard time :goink: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Thinking about the PM I received late last night regarding me attending the M&G.
Life is way too short

So hate to miss it, but I think I'm just going to go spend the whole weekend with my Moms side of the family ( my original plan for the weekend, made back in December)

Everyone have a great time, :BANANA: :pepper: :BANANA: :pepper: :JEEPIN:
and don't let blackwidow give ya too much of a hard time :goink: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Tom, sure gonna miss you not coming to the M&G...guess I'll see you at Badlands or when you drive through KY. Oh and me give everyone a hard time??? :lol: More like everyone else giving me a hard time... Please no pratical jokes on the new LOST event attendee... :goink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am 
LOST Member

Hi Folks,
I will be bringing 4 used 245-75x16 mud tires to see what I can get for them. These are the Pepboys tires that we have had pretty good luck with. New tread depth is 1/2". These tires have at least 1/4" tread left. For sale or trade. See everyone there. Jim/Towstrap

L.O.S.T. OHIO!

Old enough to know better,
Young enough to try!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next