It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: need help with lift install
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well since Matt needed to cancle the M&G tomorrow, my condolences to you to Matt and Liz for your loss. i need some help to install the lift. i don't feel comfortable to do the install by myself since every time i try to get something big done something always goes wrong. i would like to try and get it done soon for one the tires that are on it are a ticking time bomb they are bald. also would like to try and get it done before the 7th for the Jeep Rally for Life in troy,

the lift that i got was the IRON ROCK OFF ROAD WJ 4" Lift

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-W_4LK&Category_Code=PFW

Post subject: Re: need help with lift install
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nick, it really isn't that hard to do on yours, you wont need a spring compressor or anything fancy other than basic tools. Just be sure to grease those poly bushings before ya install them. I am either doing my lift over at a buddies house/shop or Tom's new place when we get him moved in, worse case or I can't wait- I will do it all in my driveway :twisted: Heck Larry is doing a V8 swap in his driveway :twisted: I don't have a garage or a shop I can use myself anymore other wise I would say come on up. Really it is something you can handle and those springs and shocks are like doing old school repair. Have faith in yourself young Jedi :jester: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well i dont see the back to be much problems since they way i understand it the back is the same as the liberty. but what kind of problems could i run into with the front and t-case drop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

teckman02 wrote:
well i dont see the back to be much problems since they way i understand it the back is the same as the liberty. but what kind of problems could i run into with the front and t-case drop

None really. I just took a second to read through their directions and it is very straight forward, if you can read, which I know ya can, you should have no problems at all. The front is just as easy as the rear. Very straight forward, I wish the KJ was that easy. Not that the KJ is hard, it's just more difficult to get to things and ya have to have a good quality compressor (wall mount) to do the KJ's front.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

what is the best kind of grease should i use on the bushings

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Any kind of chassis grease, the same kind you you would use on u-joints or your front end. A very thin amount is all you would need, don't get all sploppy with it, just enough to apply a thin film is all. I even use it on non poly bushings and seats, it helps with noises from bushings seating in. Poly's do NEED it however do to how stiff they are. :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
Too bad you couldn't have brought it up here yesterday... we could have given you a hand.

Jayme i wanted to so much but i would have been raped in gas.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:33 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Just got back in town,
I would help if I could but not sure how much time I'll have with packing up, getting ready to move etc.
If all else fails we'll see