It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: BugginKJs new JcrOffroad Rock sliders
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ya know Tom I knew I kept ya around for a reason :jester:
uncrossed my eyeballs for just a moment to realize yep the trim is the difference other than of course mine are way cooler :jester:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:26 am 
LOST Addict

ok, I will mock them up again with the guards and see how they look. I have been wondering what to do about the white anyway. the grey would look good back on, I hope it looks better. If that does the trick I will keep it like that a while. But I may consider getting them cut a re-welded.

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback. Oh and Tom, I take back anything bad I ever said about you. You been helping me out lately, not forgotten. thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Sport wrote:
Oh and Tom, I take back anything bad I ever said about you. You been helping me out lately, not forgotten. thanks

No worries, :wink: people have said way worse to me to my face than you ever did on here.
Always around to "try " and help others out.

If they don't look right then I'm with you customize them just to fit yours.
Nothing against them but it seems like they don't quite have a handle on the rockrails for KJs/KKs yet. They are getting close though! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:45 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
Nothing against them but it seems like they don't quite have a handle on the rockrails for KJs/KKs yet. They are getting close though! :mrgreen:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Marlon_JBT wrote:
tommudd wrote:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

someone needs to be unwadded :jester:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
TAHOE wrote:
Other than being on an ugly ole jeep Liberty...look good :goink: :ROTFL: :mrgreen:
That's the kind I wanted to put on the wife's Libby if we ever got any, I like the kick up of the outer tubes.
Did you bolt through frame or nutzerts?

Self tappers go into the frame
pinch weld gets drilled through and bolts

Tom - best looking sliders i have seen! We down in deep dark Africa dont have ny option but to use the rubbish oof the shelf sliders, no access to the "outside" world apart from spending close to $2000 to bring a fairly decent set in from the US.

Any way you could send me some specifications on your DIY sliders? Would even be prepared to pay for a material and sizing spec ;-)

Again, epic sliders.

GDE Eco Tune
2" EFS Coil & Shock Lift

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

GeeTee wrote:
tommudd wrote:
TAHOE wrote:
Other than being on an ugly ole jeep Liberty...look good :goink: :ROTFL: :mrgreen:
That's the kind I wanted to put on the wife's Libby if we ever got any, I like the kick up of the outer tubes.
Did you bolt through frame or nutzerts?

Self tappers go into the frame
pinch weld gets drilled through and bolts

Tom - best looking sliders i have seen! We down in deep dark Africa dont have ny option but to use the rubbish oof the shelf sliders, no access to the "outside" world apart from spending close to $2000 to bring a fairly decent set in from the US.

Any way you could send me some specifications on your DIY sliders? Would even be prepared to pay for a material and sizing spec ;-)

Again, epic sliders.

:shock:
There not Tom's sliders, there mine and further more the sliders are made by JCR Offroad. Tom helped me with the install because he has a garage along with an extra set of hands I needed to install them. The plate I came up with is to make them work/mount more solidly. Plus not only that, what's better than working on your Heep than doing work on them with friends, oh yea wheelin it :jester:
http://www.jcroffroad.com/
The sliders on Tom's KJ are from Rock Lizard.
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So I just clicked thru the Rock Lizard link above and there's a notice that RL is going to reopen in January under new management/ownership. Prices increasing, new employees, etc.

Anyone have more details? I prefer RL sliders over JCR but...

Bob

- Rubicon Moabs
- 4.10's, 265/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs
- 4X Guard Trans Skid, Modded BoulderBars, Mopar Engine, T-Case, Tank Skids, ARB bumper, Smittybilt 9500XRC winch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tom would and I know he has the details. I'll wait for him to chime in.
RL rock rails do ROCK and are very stout! Not to mention his welding is TOP QUALITY :twisted: JCR's are very good quality and I am pleased with them but it is hard to beat the orignals. My only beef with JCR's was having to make a plate because of that one hole in the subframe, I should of showed ya when you were in town :banghead: BUT with the way I have them mounted it does not compromise strength in any way. I have yet to test them on anything more than a shopping cart but they did hold up well on the preliminary testing :jester:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BugginKJ wrote:
I have yet to test them on anything more than a shopping cart but they did hold up well on the preliminary testing :jester:

Must have been fun to turn the cart into scrap - makes for an interesting picture in my head! :SOMBRERO:

Thanks for the info. Shoulda looked at your fabbed plate when I was there. Was too involved in fixing the brake line that never should've broken! :roll:

Thanks for the info!

Bob

- Rubicon Moabs
- 4.10's, 265/70-16 Goodyear Duratracs
- 4X Guard Trans Skid, Modded BoulderBars, Mopar Engine, T-Case, Tank Skids, ARB bumper, Smittybilt 9500XRC winch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TwoBobsKJ wrote:
BugginKJ wrote:
I have yet to test them on anything more than a shopping cart but they did hold up well on the preliminary testing :jester:

Must have been fun to turn the cart into scrap - makes for an interesting picture in my head! :SOMBRERO:

Thanks for the info. Shoulda looked at your fabbed plate when I was there. Was too involved in fixing the brake line that never should've broken! :roll:

Thanks for the info!

Bob

You bet.