It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: M&G 19-May-2012 FOOD??????
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:21 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

PICTURES
Its not over yet , still have two left in the back yard but its been a great time so far!

Post subject: Re: M&G 19-May-2012 Pics Page 6
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MORE PICS!
Jeeps, burgers, brats, beer and good friends, what more could a guy want! :BANANA: :JEEPIN: :CAMPING: :pepper:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KJWildman wrote:

Look at the flex on the yellow Jeep in the back! :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Home after a relaxing vacation at the luxurious Mudd’s 4x4 retreat in beautiful Swanton Ohio area. I, 501, had the honor of being the first guest at the resorts campground on Friday night and after a small, ground breaking ceremony with the Rev. Mudd himself, I settled in to my sleeping quarters on the spacious grounds for a quiet, and relaxing evening. I awoke Saturday morning to the soothing sounds of nature and climbed out of my tent.

The Rev Mudd was already up and about getting thing ready for the day’s festivities with some of the Jeep world’s biggest dignitaries. Before everyone arrived we decided to grab a bite to eat so we headed into the big town of Swanton where we enjoyed a delicious breakfast at one of Swanton, OH’s best eateries. We then headed back to the resort ready to meet the masses.

Ted15 arrived first and after the customary greetings we help him set up his sleeping quarters. Shortly thereafter we were honored with the arrival of the one and only BugginKJ from Ohio. After a few more greetings we proceeded to open up the 4x4 shop and start working on Ted’s KK.

Marlon_JBT from the great state of Michigan pulled in driving his Blue KK followed closely by his sister who was driving her Black KJ. Sean150 showed up in his shinny new blue Wrangler and joined in the festivities. While working on the Jeeps, ArcherAce pulled in the driveway in his Red Willy’s which of course made things in the shop come to a complete stop as we all admire the beauty of the finely crafted machine.

Later in the day Ohio’s craziest Jeeper, KJwildman pulled in driving his Cherokee with a load of wood for the evening’s bond fire and so we all unloaded the wood and grabbed some refreshments and ordered some pizza from Marco’s pizza. Even though 03CDKJ was off on an adventure of his own in West Virginia which prohibiting him from making an appearance, he checked in by phone to let us know he was with us in spirit.

Some of the guest slowly started to leave but that didn’t stop the party. KJwildman produced some Brats and burgers and the grill was promptly fired up and Chef Mudd cooked up some excellent food that we all instantly filled our bellies with. After dinner we lit the bon fire and moved over to the fire area and consumed some of our favorite beverages all the while tell tall tales of wild adventures of our past.

Sunday morning, Ted15, Tom Mudd and I gathered together around the still smothering bon fire and talked awhile and the headed back into Swanton for another great breakfast and then headed back to the resort for some more story telling. Late morning Ted decided it was time for him to start heading back home. I stayed a few more hours at the resort, talking with Mr. Mudd and then finished packing up the KJ and headed home.

This was the great weekend at the exclusive Mudd’s resort that I had the honor of attending. I want to thank the dignitaries that were in attendance for the memorable time and the management for their awesome hospitality and look forward to many more stays there in the future.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:13 am 
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!

HA! Great write up Daryl!!!!! Sure looks like a great time, wish I could have made that one.
Lots of good lookin jeeps in attendance too!
8)

3.5" R.E Superflex Lift, R.E Quick Disconnects, R.E Rear Driveshaft, SYE, OME Steering Stabilizer, ARB Diff Covers, JW Speaker Black Heated Headlights, Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels, 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's, 15 lb Powertank

2003 KJ Sport (BLACK) 230,000+Miles (Decommissioned)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:24 am 

Daryl
:CAMPING:
Yep great write up
but why no mention of the one big "oops moment"
:ROTFL: :-)r :ROTFL: :-)r :ROTFL:
or Ted providing "gas" later in the evening
:shock:
and of course Rob flexing out the Willys, we missed a great photo op there :wink:
if only I had more land up here, more money, and ..........well :BANANA: :pepper: :BANANA: :JEEPIN:

But the best part was just hanging with friends

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It was one of the most relaxing weekends I've had in a long time. Thanks again Tom. :JEEPIN:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:50 am 

Yes it was :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
Yes it was :wink:

Yup, down for the count :mrgreen: if it weren't for all that d@m snoring, I would've gotten some sleep, wait, that was me :ROTFL:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Man it was great to see ya all even if it was brief for me. I do think next time I will just skip the am and attend the events later in the day :5SHOTS: :jester:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6