It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anywhere around Columbus to wheel?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 am 
LOST Member

Anyone know of any places in/around Columbus that I could take my KK off road? In any aspect lol.

Post subject: Re: Anywhere around Columbus to wheel?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

There aren't any legal areas to wheel right around Columbus.
Maysville Kentucky has a great off road park, been down there
Badlands in Indiana is pretty good as well

and of course we do not condone illegal off roading

Last edited by tommudd on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Anywhere around Columbus to wheel?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

There is painted rock east of cbus http://www.atvescape.com/component/mtree/trails-and-tracks/ohio/painted-rock-adventure-park I have not been there yet but I don't even know if it is open anymore but there also is haspin in Indiana... Just don't go right after it rained.... Hey Tom want to go to bigrock nov 6th if I can get a babysitter for zoey?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 am 

Last I heard Painted Rock was closed
They were a hit and miss anyways
sometimes open most of the time not

Also have Southington Off Road in Windham Ohio ( northeast Ohio )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:pepper: :pepper:
ANOTHER Ohioan!!!!!
Welcome to the forum! :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks! Are vehicles allowed in Wayne National Forest? Or just dirt bikes/ATV's etc?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:17 pm 

TurboGoKart wrote:
Thanks! Are vehicles allowed in Wayne National Forest? Or just dirt bikes/ATV's etc?

Only dirt bikes and ATVs
There are some good " back roads/township roads" down south of Athens and over towards Marietta area that will test out your suspension though.
A few also down around Chillicothe area, but you have to know where you're going
If you ever want to head down there that's where I am from and know the "good " roads .
Of course no getting off the roads and going out someones fields etc like some think is OK to do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:47 am 
LOST Member

No I'm definitely not wanting to tear up some farmers crops or someone's yard lol. I'm also pretty sure there are guys here with friends who own property somewhere. With that said, I'm not at all opposed to going to the established places. Just need to map them out and find a free day!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 am 

There are a few folks from up in the Northeast section that we could get together and do a run up there possibly. Ted and 2 Bobs plus Cameraflange is all up there and MetCRD
I have a few places I go down home, also some short trails to check the fences on the farm and such.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:15 am 
LOST Member

I'd be very down for that. I read 501's lifted thread and had a few good laughs. Y'all seem like a bunch of characters lol. I don't know how much I'd be able to do though, I'm stock other than my soon to be Grabber ATR's. But that's part of it though, I want to see what these can do. I need to get some tow hooks though asap. Still looking around for where to get them, and if the KJ's are the best option.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TurboGoKart wrote:
I'd be very down for that. I read 501's lifted thread and had a few good laughs. Y'all seem like a bunch of characters lol. I don't know how much I'd be able to do though, I'm stock other than my soon to be Grabber ATR's. But that's part of it though, I want to see what these can do. I need to get some tow hooks though asap. Still looking around for where to get them, and if the KJ's are the best option.

I have a pair. They were on mine before one was torn off during a recovery. One of the brackets has a slight curl on one of the corners where it didn't want to let go but other than that, they're like new. You'll need the other hardware kit though, don't use the m boot that comes with it.
If you look around you'll find the part number for this kit.

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 pm 
LOST Member

There are some places slightly southeast or just east of columbus. Old County roads that are public access that are pretty challenging. There is plenty of Mud as well for those who are into that. Last time I was there was October of Last year I think with my uncle in this

The Maroon Car

05 CRD Limited GDE Hot Tune, EuroTC, ARPs, Full EGR Del, IDParts Hoses, Etecno 7v GP, OME 790 Bilstein 916front, OME948 OME N132Lrear, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs+Moabs, Renegade roof lights, Curt Front Hitch, BTF Kryptonite Diff, JCR Stage2 Rails, SkidRow Skids, HDS Tstat,

Sold 06 CRD Limited K&N, EHM, ORM, EuroTC, TransgoKit, Samcos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 pm 
LOST Member

xhizzous wrote:
There are some places slightly southeast or just east of columbus. Old County roads that are public access that are pretty challenging. There is plenty of Mud as well for those who are into that. Last time I was there was October of Last year I think with my uncle in this

http://tiretown.org/v-web/gallery/barkc ... 1225692156

The Maroon Car

05 CRD Limited GDE Hot Tune, EuroTC, ARPs, Full EGR Del, IDParts Hoses, Etecno 7v GP, OME 790 Bilstein 916front, OME948 OME N132Lrear, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs+Moabs, Renegade roof lights, Curt Front Hitch, BTF Kryptonite Diff, JCR Stage2 Rails, SkidRow Skids, HDS Tstat,

Sold 06 CRD Limited K&N, EHM, ORM, EuroTC, TransgoKit, Samcos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:34 pm 
LOST Member

Where exactly are these roads? I'm very interested!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:40 pm 
LOST Member

Barkcamp State Park. The detective skills are strong with this one. :P :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:29 am 
LOST Newbie

South of I-70 and east of 77 there are plenty of dirt roads, that have tons of trails branching off of em, the legality of which I can't tell you, but down along the river, you can find some intense backroads that have 'public creek access'. In other words it where the owners decided that people are gonna off-road so here is a SMALL spot to 4X4. I know 10 or so different roads that the townships have let go because there is no money around here and they have turned into decent ‘trails’. Picture a gravel road, with out the gravel, exposed rocks, over growth on both sides, and pretty decent views, you can find mud if you want. Disclaimer: I’m new to 4X4 in a SUV/Truck (always rode bikes, and quads) and these roads seem alright, and yes I know it’s a drive from Cbus to this little haven of Ohio, especially for backroading but hey, if you need a fix its always here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

5characters wrote:
South of I-70 and east of 77 there are plenty of dirt roads, that have tons of trails branching off of em, the legality of which I can't tell you, but down along the river, you can find some intense backroads that have 'public creek access'. In other words it where the owners decided that people are gonna off-road so here is a SMALL spot to 4X4. I know 10 or so different roads that the townships have let go because there is no money around here and they have turned into decent ‘trails’. Picture a gravel road, with out the gravel, exposed rocks, over growth on both sides, and pretty decent views, you can find mud if you want. Disclaimer: I’m new to 4X4 in a SUV/Truck (always rode bikes, and quads) and these roads seem alright, and yes I know it’s a drive from Cbus to this little haven of Ohio, especially for backroading but hey, if you need a fix its always here.

Could you be a little more specific on the location please? :JEEPIN:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Woodsfield its in the center of monroe county, the roads are mostly in wayne national, trying to tell ya how to get to the roads would be impossible. Give me sometime and ill come up with a map.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

5characters wrote:
Woodsfield its in the center of monroe county, the roads are mostly in wayne national, trying to tell ya how to get to the roads would be impossible. Give me sometime and ill come up with a map.

Thanks, I looked on google earth but couldn't see anything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not sure if this is it but I have heard from plenty of folks, it's a fun place to go riding. Lot's of back roads (unpaved) to get lost on. Going to make my way down there this next summer.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugex ... CHYQ_BIwAA