It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE GARAGE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry to hear that, Jayme :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:42 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

painted my roof basket with one coat of black metallic paint, next comes the second coat, then the clear coat. touch up on the roof rails. then onto waxing the roof. after that, going to install a custom wind fairing to the roof rack

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

half way saved up to and ARB (yes I know I have said it before) but other things came up, rock rails, badlands, ENGINE...etc

but I am going out tomorrow to make myself some limb risers ;)

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:16 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

yellocoyote wrote:
I interviewed for a job on Monday, and was offered the position today when I was originally told they wouldn't have a decision till Monday or Tuesday of next week. That's right, ladies and gentlemen... I have a job! For real, this time. I start on April 11th. :D

And they already approved my time off for Moab. :pepper: It's a good day.

w00t!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:52 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

putting together hi-lift right meow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:04 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Cleaned out the garage and washed the floors for you losers on saturday :P

getting my oil right now because I am going to hit 3000 miles on the new motor in probably 2 days and ill drive very carefully till saturday :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am prepping the TJ's bed for bedliner now.

Stripped a hex nut that holds the seat bracket in, darn!!

06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jayme, mine was real easy, my dealership did it under warrenty both times, and gave me a rental car.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have heard and read about it here that it has been done with out to much manupilation, but any of the books say drop the dif for spacing, but if I remember some did it in the parking lot of a campsite in Moab, just takes some finessing to get it out and then back in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm 
LOST Member

Well i was able to get my boiler skid and mopar front skid on , of course after i busted a bolt off in the cross-member :banghead: , but after having some fun with that everything else went smoothly :BANANA: , so im able to get that checked off thee ole list, seems like every time i check something off it grows by 5 more thing i wanna do :ROTFL:

Trimed Front Bumper, hopefully a front receiver soon
Boiler's Radiator Skid, Mopar Engine Skid
245/75-16 Guard Dog M/T
JBA Upper A-arms soon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:21 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

yellocoyote wrote:
KTM87 wrote:
seems like every time i check something off it grows by 5 more thing i wanna do :ROTFL:

Ain't that the truth?! :banghead:

yea, i mean i just ordered 4 things for mine friday...then i just ordered one thing today...heck, i need to stop so i can stop procrastinating that ARB already...or even al a arms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

im gonna need als a arms this year and new tires are my priorities this year

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Haven't been on much lately, and I'm sad to have missed the meet at Stingn's.
But on a happier note, I got my WIA (Workforce Investment Act) grant ($4K) from the Feds,
and I start CDL Class A training on Monday. It's been 35 years since I went to school!
40 hours a week for 4 weeks and I will hopefully be driving a tractor-trailer. Job recruiters
will be there offering jobs even before training is done. It's been 14 months unemployed,
hopefully things are starting to look up for us.

Previous: 95ZJ 92XJ 90XJ 80CJ5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:57 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
Anyone know how much 'fun' replacing a steering rack might be? I discovered mine is leaking on both ends when I was underneath changing oil today... :evil: :furious:

With the mechanical fan it can be a pain but with out you can snake it up through the top. sort of slide it towards the drivers side and then up out the passenger, remove airbox etc to gain more room, may have to grease it up to slide better :ROTFL: Also remove the tie rod ends for more room
Been a few done it before, I know for sure Troy has.
Its like the front diff, book says a lot of things have to be removed ( like the LCA) which you don't have to do to get it out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 pm 

tan's2002kjlimited wrote:
But on a happier note, I got my WIA (Workforce Investment Act) grant ($4K) from the Feds,
and I start CDL Class A training on Monday. It's been 35 years since I went to school!
40 hours a week for 4 weeks and I will hopefully be driving a tractor-trailer. Job recruiters
will be there offering jobs even before training is done. It's been 14 months unemployed,

Make sure you get things in writing from recruiters, known of a lot of guys who were promised one thing when they talked to them and got another after starting, like everything now days
Thank goodness I've had my CDLs from back, well before there was CDLs
Have kept them, with doubles, tanker and HAZMAT up ever since just in case
If you can make sure to try and get tanker and doubles endorsement, plus the HAZMAT makes you way more marketable. Some places offer it some don't.
Doubles and Triples are fun to pull, esp. in the winter :JEEPIN:

Good Luck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:

Make sure you get things in writing from recruiters, known of a lot of guys who were promised one thing when they talked to them and got another after starting, like everything now days
Thank goodness I've had my CDLs from back, well before there was CDLs
Have kept them, with doubles, tanker and HAZMAT up ever since just in case
If you can make sure to try and get tanker and doubles endorsement, plus the HAZMAT makes you way more marketable. Some places offer it some don't.
Doubles and Triples are fun to pull, esp. in the winter :JEEPIN:

Good Luck

Yes, I've been driving straight truck, (CDL B) both 6 and 10 wheelers, for 15 years, but no real jobs for those now.
Already have the Hazmat, just need the class A. Tanker and combos are just written, but will consider them. Thanks

Previous: 95ZJ 92XJ 90XJ 80CJ5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yes, I've been driving straight truck, (CDL B) both 6 and 10 wheelers, for 15 years, but no real jobs for those now.
Already have the Hazmat, just need the class A. Tanker and combos are just written, but will consider them. Thanks

I wish like all get out they would have a road test for double/triples, I bet over 95% would fail. I spent way too many of a sleepless night rescuing new drivers fresh from schools pulling double and triples off the pike in the middle of the night in some wicked snow storms. I would have to drive them into the terminal for them :roll: Not to mention the drivers just pulling regular old vans :roll: . They could barely get their white knuckles off the steering wheel to call dispatch to let them know they couldn't or wouldn't drive any further cause they were too scared. Not only that the really stupid service calls just to help them hook up a set or triples was mind blowing. Amazing some of these drivers actually passed any kind of test. My stories are only a few compared to what a trooper will fill your ear for hours with of the horror stories with "schooled" drivers. :ROTFL: I still say drivers should be required to wrench on them for at least a year before they get behind the wheel. Most drivers can't tell the difference from a steer tire to a drive tire let alone the rest of the components. :roll: There is a TON of work out there now for straight trucks in the expedited market......

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:59 am 

Yes its too easy to get the doubles / triples When I pulled for Roadway they made you take one of their safety officers out and you had to hook/unhook go down the road and back up, and return and unhook My buddy went to one of the :drivers school" 3 years ago and still can't back a 45 foot flat for nothing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Glad to hear,wondered what was going on. I pulled for Swift for 10 months,lot of east coast miles,drop and hook,just not much pay. Went to TMC-a flatbed company-ran all over+Canada,was on percentage,made good money,and they are a top flight bunch to work for.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 pm 
LOST Member

OMG, so just install a new amp, cause when i was moving my old one from the top of the box to underneath the rear seat, like an idiot :banghead: , i hooked it up wrong n blew the amp, so there another 100 buck down the drain :furious: , now to save for my upper a arms then i think ill be done for a bit with the expensive stuff, their is enough little stuff i still want to do. Gunna have to try and save some dough up thru out the summer,which might be a challenge :mrgreen:

Trimed Front Bumper, hopefully a front receiver soon
Boiler's Radiator Skid, Mopar Engine Skid
245/75-16 Guard Dog M/T
JBA Upper A-arms soon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next