It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

any of those are good for me, all those places you mention are within an hour from woodridge

papa's pizza is always great eats when ya want to have a pizza chowdown at someones house and don't want to or can't grill

got a papa's in elgin/arlington?

we can always shift it around once we have a list of places so that certain people aren't always having to make the long drive every meeting, as long as i don't have prior engagements and it's within a tank of gas, i plan to be there every time i can

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

or i could just pick up pizza on the way then throw them in a warm oven for 5-10 mins or somethin to get them good and hot again

of course there might be one of those 5 star pizza take outs there too, i don't have alot of food expeirence in IL, i just know I dream about papa's pizza's mamas special , and noodles and company all the time

L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:50 pm 
LOST Addict

wasn't there talk of trying to find somewhere with wifi and doing a podcast?

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

yuppers pod cast my idea.... have better one...lets rotate locations around the primary membership group and try to make the next meeting by a dealership (or ships) ...and we approach the dealerships in that area and give them an ad package... maybe the may meeting the one in april, since it is the third sunday we have time to approach zeigler schaumburg, advantage des plaines and arlington jeep...think those are the three closest there....In may select another area northwest, inner chicago, or southwest and pick three dealerships there to work on.. this should get me a few more votes for vp marketing...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was going to suggest Busse Woods as well. It's easy to get to from all directions and pretty close to where you're holding meetings now. But I'm almost positive all picnic permits have been granted. That's usually the case by now. I could be wrong. Regardless, that shouldn't deter us from meeting there. We might not have access to a pavilion and or grill site but that shouldn't stop us from bringing in prepared food (KFC, Subway, pizza, etc) for a get together.

And what about that place in Crystal Lake where many of you have wheeled? My nephew told me about it and I've been wanting to check it out.

As for Jeep dealerships, don't forget they're all closed on Sundays. Speaking of which, once the construction season begins (late April, early May), I for one will be working Saturday's generally until 12:00 noon. Not sure if other's work Saturdays?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm not opposed to going to the fountains - but I think it would have to be a separate event aside from the meeting.

Tight quarters there not really meant for large caravans... maybe 3 - 4 vehicles tops at a time.

Plus it's not an 'official' park and as such we shouldn't really go out of the way to attach it to our meetings.

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

let me clarify...if we plan the meeting location one month or more in advance we can approach all locale establishments and post our literature on their boards prior to the meeting...dealerships getting our main folder/binder ( I have a plastic spine binding machine)...Since dealerships are closed on sundays we can get their employees and salespeople to come (if they are off) this way they get to meet us and see what experiences we have had and use those as a sales tool...to selll more jeeps... in fact when we give the dealerships our package we should include several copies of a brochure they can hand out to their customers to promote our group......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 pm 
LOST Addict

overclocked wrote:
use those as a sales tool

I'm down with handing out literature and promoting the group, but I think bringing the sales staff into the mindset of using our group as a sales tool is not a wise move.

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

callaway can you clarify the negative of having a sales person come in to our meeting and see what a jeep can do by our examples, then telling customers what they can do with it or telling the customers about us?

Can lionseye join me on the marketing thread and give up her ideas so we can all muddle through them...'
thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 pm 
LOST Addict

overclocked wrote:
callaway can you clarify the negative of having a sales person come in to our meeting and see what a jeep can do by our examples, then telling customers what they can do with it or telling the customers about us?

If you can get someone to come to the meeting more power to you - I'm saying not to push the issue that they use the LOST group as a form of selling cars. We're not an affiliate of Jeep or Chrysler and using the group as such could potentially put the group as well as the dealership in a pickle.

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm going to throw somethin out here for overclocked and whoever else to run around along with their other ideas

If you want L.O.S.T PR and Visibility plus helping the community

perhaps should talk something like this over with the forum owners and what not, i don't know what we can do as far as cause support without permission

This is a family friendly site, most of us hold in high regard 'Tread Lightly' aspects and enviro concious ideals like take off the trail more than you brought in, keeping trails clean and what not. Such ideals show a certain level of personal responsibility and what not. I'm sure I'm sidetrackin a bit here's what I was thinkin

We've done things like Lost for tots or somethin along that lines which is a great cause and there are plenty of other causes we could show support for as well, just off the top of my head theres

Take back the night - and their anual/bianual parades and such, they support several colored ribbon awareness folks, such as rape or sexual abuse, chrons disease, breast cancer, domestic violence and other civic awareness causes

after I move my gf gets the entire passenger side of my vehicle, center front bumper to center rear bumper, to do whatever she wants visibility wise for TBTN or any other cause even if it means i have to take it to get airbrushed

theres countless childrens causes too that could be supported by simplying cosponsoring a cookout, meet and greet sort of thing with flyers for the cause

should something like that be of interest to be organized later on in the future, let me know, i know several of the IL chairs for a couple of the orgs personally

L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

good comment callaway...on our brochure i will make a legal statement of sorts ie not affiliated, not responsible for personal damage, etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:40 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Working in dealerships before I know where most of your brochures will end up at. You may find some that are receptive to your ideas and let you leave some things but most will not take the time. Getting a salesman to come to a meeting on his day off, not going to happen unless he is a died in the wool Jeep fanatic.

Not being negative here, :wink: just been around Jeeps/dealerships/4WD shops/ clubs for 30 years.

Dealing with smaller mom and pop repair shops where other Jeep owners deal at will get you a lot more than most any dealerships. They will be a lot more open to you after they see you out and about in the community helping put on runs/raising money for organizations etc also. Lots of clubs come and go every year and places get burnt out after a while with new people coming in all the time and saying we are the best there is! :wink:

Also like was mentioned have to watch how things are worded and also what you say going in to someplace like that .

OH You do know that LOSTKJs was pictured and mentioned in the 2006 Jeep Liberty Brochure don't you? Could use that as an in at some places :wink:

Now I will go back to my side of the world :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:07 am 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:

OH You do know that LOSTKJs was pictured and mentioned in the 2006 Jeep Liberty Brochure don't you? Could use that as an in at some places :wink:

Blast from the past :P

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

we got a pdf copy somewhere of said brochure?

L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Someboady needs to move the marketing out of this locale thread.

With that comment, I was referring to Crystal Lake as a one time thing. I think having a different locale each month would be a more enjoyable experience. Regardless of distance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Unless you want a convention hall or a mall parking lot there's nothing interesting in my neck of the woods.
I don't mind driving :P

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I still think Busse Woods in Schaumburg / Elk Grove, as well as Crystal Lake are both great ideas. Even if we met at the place Jayme mentioned and rode over to the Fountains later.

Anyway, I thought I would throw out some idea's for everyone to comment on.

Bartlett, IL - A new Sonic has gone in at Rt.59 & Stearns Rd. If you like Sonic, great. If you've never had it but wanted to try it, here's your chance. If you don't like it, guess you won't like this idea and or attend? I thought it might be a fun time?

The old Glenview Naval Air Station. I haven't been in there for sometime now but I bet there might be a cool outdoor facility somewhere for us to hang at?

Hampshire, IL - The Chick N' Dip Drive-In (Rt72). If you like real ice cream, great chicken or greasy hamburgers, you'll absolutely love this place. There is plenty of parking along the front and side or even across the street. There is a fairly good size dining room and I'm talking old chairs, tables, tile floor and not so fancy walls. It doesn't get more blue collar or better drive-in food & ice cream than here.

Warrenville, IL. - Blackwell Forest Preserve. Rt 56 (Butterfield Rd). You can actually camp in this preserve! But we could just meet there on a Sunday too?

Do we have any members from the (far) south suburbs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:46 pm 
LOST Addict

oddball wrote:

The old Glenview Naval Air Station. I haven't been in there for sometime now but I bet there might be a cool outdoor facility somewhere for us to hang at?

Surprisingly there's not. There's a small park with a few parking lots, but nothing really meeting worthy unless you like really expensive restaurants.

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Last time I was in there (where the air traffic tower is) was going to be a mall? Did they ever do that? And I met the guys who relocated the old wooden WWII Naval church built by German POW's during the war.

No, expensive eateries isn't a good idea for KJ meets. - Thanks.